5.0 out of 5 stars Just a note:
8. Yellow Calx
9. Girl/Boy Song
10. Logon Rock Witch
Published on May 30 2004 by Maxx

3.0 out of 5 stars demented??,disfigured??,defomed??? what does "D" stand for??
i love different styles of music and this sounded like a decent techno,jungle drill & bass album. Some of the songs are loud and crazy but this is aphex's unique sound. my favourite song is of course the "girl boy song" which sounds like a good soundtrack for a racing playstation game.
The fact is most of aphex twin's fans will be turned off from buying...
Published on Nov. 19 2003

7. Goon Gumpas
8. Yellow Calx
9. Girl/Boy Song
10. Logon Rock Witch
When bringing the album to America, the record companies decided that 32 minutes was too short for an album and added on the (entertaining, but IMO inferior) 5 tracks from the Girl/Boy EP.
11. Milkman
12. Inkeys
13. Girl/Boy Song [£18 Snare Rush Mix]
14. Beetles
15. Girl/Boy Song [Redruth Mix]
Those five tracks are BONUS TRACKS - they are NOT part of Richard D. James Album. Please consider this when reviewing the album.
As for my opinion, RDJ Album is a masterpiece of Drill n Bass, which is the term for the lightning quick, spastic drumming that is so prominent in this work. Note that this rather up-tempo drumming isn't always intense...it can actually be quite soothing (For the best example of this, see Flim from the Come to Daddy EP). For this, I couldn't do anything but give it 5 Stars. Once again, Aphex Twin has released something completely alien to my ears and I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard D. James: A Genius Of Electronica, May 22 2004
Elvis (Detroit, MI, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Richard D. James Album (Audio CD)
I bought this excellent CD a long while ago, and I still love this album. Even though it falls short compared to his earlier works (ex. Selected Ambient Works 85-92), this frenzied fusion of ambient, drum n' bass, drill n' bass, and some hardcore techno elements make this album a must buy. But this album should be heard only by people who are accustomed to the Twin's sound, otherwise newbies might like it, but think, "Good Lord, this is crazy!" It's such a shame that A great country like America is bogged down by (in my opinion) foolish, pop-rap. Techno should get a much bigger recognition. It's about time people listened to more competent music.

5.0 out of 5 stars My feet, my arms and my ears....ARE MELTED OFF!, May 9 2004
B. Lonano "martianprecursor" (Staten Island, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Richard D. James Album (Audio CD)
I was introduced to the Aphex Twin after I saw the videos on the Chris Cunningham DVD...and was blown away. I couldn't breath after I heard and saw the "Come to Daddy" video. I knew after that, I had to find all of his music. This was the first album I bought because according to most, it is his best. Some people call him a musical genius, perhaps even the next Mozart. I believe it. Richard D. James and his self-titled album are spellbinding. He is a true visionary. James' songs not only have amazing drum and bass beats but have heart and soul. Each track connects the listeners with a different aspect of his psyche and even his soul. I cannot express how much his music has touched me. The Aphex Twin is one of the most influential musical talent that exists on the earth today. Each track is terrific but these are the ones that stand out to me:
Fingerbib
To Cure a Weakling Child
Girl/Boy Song
Logon Rock Witch (Most original musical composition I have ever heard)
Milkman
It is a must buy for those who wish to experience the masterful voice of the Aphex Twin.

5.0 out of 5 stars one word: "masterfull", May 9 2004
This review is from: Richard D. James Album (Audio CD)
Just great. I am a fan of his music for quite a while and all of his records are special in their own way. Tracks with a little twist only RDJ can add. Sometimes a bit sinister, but thats ok for me! Most of his tracks are sertainly refreshing and energy boosting. A philosopher teacher once said: "to enjoy and appreciate the quality of sertain aspects (of whatsoever) you have to have rotten spots besides it". In case of some of the tracks ("ventolin" (medicine for asthmatic patiens) for example in which you hear a sample of a person hyperventilating), annoying bleeps, cracks and sounds are added in such way that when they fade away in a track you almost feel a releef....a contrast between serenety and rotten (no offence)

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Aphex Twin, Feb. 27 2004
F. Murray "supa-dupa" (th'ether) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Richard D. James Album (Audio CD)
This drill & bass masterpiece is one of the most important electronic music records of all time, and will be reckognized as such many years from now. Mark my words, this is a must own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasia, Feb. 19 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Richard D. James Album (Audio CD)
Ok, I've been listening to this album since soon after it's release, but just the other day my friend (had never heard the album) thought it would be cool to play this cd as soon as the music in Fantasia begins. At first I was kind of impressed by how well the music flowed with the animation in the cartoon. Then I noticed this was Richards intent. As an album that reflects upon childhood; playing this along side side Walt Disney's Fantasia will send many a chill up your spine...
This is no coincedence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply..., Feb. 12 2004
This review is from: Richard D. James Album (Audio CD)
One of the top dozen or so albums ever made... several Aphex Twin albums could claim this distinction actually, although the "rare" recently compliled remix singles (26 Mixes for Cash) would not be among them.... I recommend Mr. James' more personal early works such as The Richard D, James Album, I Care Because You Do, or the Come To Daddy EP.... adventerous newbies should not hesitate to increase their cool quotient, everyone else already knows what I've written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Staggering, Jan. 11 2004
Andrew (Waterloo, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Richard D. James Album (Audio CD)
Richard D. James can be officially hailed as electronica's true genius.
Underneath the acid washed drum synths, the broken melodies, the dadaist rhymes, 'Richard D. James Album' shows just how powerful and moving electronica can be. The music sounds harsh, even violent, at first listen, but repeat listens give light to complex patterns within the music, and a (shall i say it?) 'charming' sense of melody. 'Goon Gumpas' sounds like the soundtrack to a child's dream; innocent, beautiful, and comforting. 'Beetles' is genius in it's sheer simplicity and it's heart breaking tones, all with macabre lyrics sung over. The highlight is 'Girl/Boy Song' with it's compelling start-stop drum rhythms and simply gorgeous string arrangement. The entire album as a whole is technically perfect.
So rush out and purcase this release- if you are willing to abandon your pointless melodies, hedonistic commercialism and rubbish lyrics for a work of true artistic genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars jiminy christmas!, Jan. 8 2004
John C. Byler - See all my reviews
This review is from: Richard D. James Album (Audio CD)
k...i went out and got the "come to daddy" ep and knew i would looove this aphex twin...just got this in the mail today and HOT DAMN i mean i knew it was good but my my my my -its the kind of music you want to stop listening to so you can go back and listen to it again if you know what i mean. after the last track played i slowly, carefully, fearfully approached my cd player, thinking it would attack me / mein gott! god bless richard d james!

3.0 out of 5 stars demented??,disfigured??,defomed??? what does "D" stand for??, Nov. 19 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Richard D. James Album (Audio CD)
The fact is most of aphex twin's fans will be turned off from buying this cd due to the disturbing freaky cd cover!, my goodness it looks totaly insane!!, he dares anyone to buy his album and review his music.
this is probably the best cd to buy if you want to scare people.

Richard D. James Album
Richard D. James Album by Aphex Twin (Audio CD - 1997)