5.0 out of 5 stars Whew!
Published on April 5 2003 by Lucius

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best
All that you need to know is that this is not the best compilation of Zep's music to get. It is too expensive, the 3rd CD is useless and obviously has no replay value since it is only interviews which all start "Hi, I'm Jimmy Page and this is led Zepplin." The choice of music is good but definetly not the best. THEY DIDN"T CAPTURE the SPIRIT of Led...
Published on Aug. 24 2000 by nate---

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Whew!, April 5 2003
This review is from: Remasters - Box (Audio CD)
I saw Zeppelin back in 1970. By the mid 70's "Stairway to Heaven" was a staple of midnight rock, and already acquiring the sheen of am FM radio "classic." But by then I had already lost touch with their album output. Now, thirty years later I've got my hands on this remastered set. Given that I used to listen to their second album on an 8 track player in my car, this is a revelation. I had to wait a long time to hear Zep on a decent stereo system, but better late than never. That Zeppelin was a blues based band was always overshadowed by their popular acclaim as a heavy metal band. This set sets the record straight. They kicked ...as a rockin' blues band. Period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Led zeppelin remasters, June 14 2004
This review is from: Remasters (Audio CD)
Wow! This 2disc set cost 27.99? I got it at best buy for 18. This is really for fans who don't want to go to the trouble and buy each cd of thiers. This mostly has all the good ones. Though they left out asome really good ones- What is and what should never be and When the levee breaks. But its still got mostly everything you need. This would be an exellent cd for starters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unless you own every Led Zeppelin CD you have to buy this., June 10 2004
This review is from: Remasters (Audio CD)
Wow , this cd is so awesome, I normally listen to Zeppelin on vinyl and decided that i needed a portable way to listen to my fav. band so looked for the best cd possible and this is it. I am a huge music fan and this is one of the best if not the best cd i've ever bought. Really buy it you'll like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a Knockout, but still a TKO, May 1 2004
L.A. Scene (Indian Trail, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remasters - Box (Audio CD)
I am not a die-hard Led Zeppelin fan. But I have come to have enormous respect for the quartet of Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham. I have come to realize that the efforts of a great work ethic have produced some of the stuff that legends are made of - and Led Zep takes the cake. As a 30 something music fan, I decided this would be one of my first entry points into the Led Zeppelin music library. 'Remasters' seemed like the perfect entry point - most of Zeppelin's great songs remastered on 2 CDs - plus a third 'Interviews' CD to get insight into the band. This box set is very good. It doesn't deliver that knockout punch or homerun, but it is very good.
First the packaging - It seems that nowadays everything that is above 2 CDs that is considered a "Boxed Set". There really have become 2 categories of Boxed Sets. The first is a "Classic Boxed Set". This comes in a covered box about the size of an LP and contains CDs (sometimes in jewel cases, sometimes just on the bottom of the box) and a book about the same size. The second type is more like a 5.5" x 10" hardcover book which I term "Hardcover Box Set'. The CDs basically are stored in the hardcover binding and the book is in the middle. I much prefer what I call the Classic Boxed Set to the Hardcover format. The 'Led Zeppelin Remasters' set is a subset of Hardcover format. The disappointing thing - no book in the middle. Just two little booklets in the upper left corner. I know Led Zeppelin has more comprehensive boxed sets (The Complete Set and the 4 CD set), but I still would have liked to see a little more here.
The music is on 2 CDs and basically is divided into Early Zeppelin and Late Zeppelin. The first CD encompasses songs through the 'Led Zeppelin IV' album while the 2nd CD takes us to the end with songs from 'In Through the Out Door'. I think the Zeppelin fan will be satisfied here. I am more of a fan of the later stuff. I was very disappointed to find that 'Fool in the Rain' was not included on this set. However if you want to hear remastered versions of 'Stairway to Heaven', 'Kashmir', and 'Trampled Underfoot' - you won't be disappointed. On a side note, I think those are the three best Zep songs.
The third CD is divided into 3 sections over 43 tracks. The first section is a profile of the band which is 28 minutes long, but much of that is taken up by replaying songs such as Kashmir. I think it would have been nicer to go deeper with the band profile. The 2nd section is Station Liners and if you are a die-hard fan, this is perfect. I wish more boxed sets had preserved this type of stuff. The third section is individual Q&A with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones. Much like the first section, it doesn't go as deep as I would have liked to hear. The potential is there, it just doesn't deliver the depth.
All and all, I'm still happy I got this and it left me for wanting more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Question, April 26 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Remasters - Box (Audio CD)
Is this the album in which "Stairway to Heaven" is an instrumental? Played with an electric guitar for about 5 1/2 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Zeppelin, Jan. 4 2004
This review is from: Remasters (Audio CD)
Led Zeppelin are my favourite band, at the moment. Remasters has all my favourite Zeppelin songs. I made a good choice on buying this ro be my first Led Zeppelin CD. Because If I bought 1, I probably would'nt have got 2.I love all these songs. If your a beginning Led Zeppelin fan, get this for your first.

5.0 out of 5 stars LED ZEPPELIN HAS THE MUSIC, Jan. 4 2004
"ovaltenie" (Innisfail, Queensland Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remasters (Audio CD)
This double album has all the great songs that Led Zeppelin has ever released. Now if you buy this album you will not need to buy any other albums because the best songs are right here, everything from I to Pysical Graffiti and Houses of the Holy.
Stairway to Heaven (my favourite zeppelin song) is featured on the album too. Good art inside to. Most zeppelin albums don't ever have pictures in the booklet, this one dose.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, Dec 21 2003
This review is from: Remasters (Audio CD)
a very good compilation of their best work. Some really good stuff is missing, such as the rest of IV, but the earliest to the latest is here. For the cracked out Communication breakdown, and Whole lotta love, to D'yer mak'er, All my love, and Kasmir, this is pretty thorough. Of coure, it has the prerequisite black dog and stairway, 2 of my favorites and many others of course. The sound quality however suffers a bit on some songs, as I notice they are more muffled. I can only guess this is due to the poor original recordings.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Collection by Led Zeppelin, June 26 2003
This review is from: Remasters - Box (Audio CD)
All the tracks are very good but there should have been "When the Levee Breaks" instead of "Misty Mountain Hop", "Over the Hills And Far Away" instead of "No Quarter", "That's the Way" instead of "Celebration Day".
The should have been also more tracks from their second best album "Physical Graffiti", there's only three tracks ("Houses of the Holy", "Trampled Under Foot" and "Kashmir"). I would include "Custard Pie", "The Rover" and "Ten Years Gone" here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Led Zeppelin's Greatest Hits., April 12 2002
Derek Roberts (Copperas Cove, TX.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remasters - Box (Audio CD)
I put 4 stars because I feel that they just shouldve put this out as a double disc set and ditch the "interviews" disc. And [get rid of] the "Early Days" and "Latter Days" and there you have it. the perfect "Greatest Hits" compilation of Zeppelin. Good selections too. My only complaint is they should've replaced "Dyer Maker" (which just sounds like pop to me) with "Over The Hills & Far Away".

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Remasters (Audio Cassette)
Remasters (Audio Cassette) by Led Zeppelin (Audio Cassette - 1992)