4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Amazing

3.0 out of 5 stars great stereo remaster- terrible quad master
Published 2 months ago by BRIAN BOYLE, Thunder Bay, Ont

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Amazing, Dec 12 2011
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
I too have owned this album multiple times. As much as I love this album I always found the sound quality really poor unless being played through a really good sound system. I was waiting for them to reissue this for years but gave up after a while. I was excited to hear about the black box remasters but had no interest in all the recordings. Finally they released the individual albums from those remasters and I have to say I instantly noticed the difference in sound quality. Crisper, louder and less hiss than early CD releases. The rest of the package I could care less about, but the original recording is worth the price. Also Amazon shipped to me in 2 days!! AWESOME!!

4.0 out of 5 stars One Of My Teenage Favourites, Oct. 6 2012
Peter Gueckel (Calgary AB Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
One of my teenage favourites, this album has some good tracks, in particular the title track. The band had not fully developed their sound, as they would on their terrific subsequent two albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Aug. 13 2012
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
Only one word ( or more than one ) excellent in Quality, service and time, the item was exactly as expected, even if used it was exactly as new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Started the Heavy Metal Era, July 8 2004
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
All discussion aside, this is without a doubt the greatest album in metal history. Never since Black Sabbath has any metal band revolutionized rock music so much. Toni Iommi, the god of heavy metal guitar, is in his prime on this album, with some of his fastest and heaviest riffs ever, even with two butchered fingers. Ozzy Osbourne, revered as the Godfather of Modern Metal, is awesome here, seeing as no one could sing songs like these as well as the Ozzman himself did. Bill Ward truly rocks on this album, even having his own drum solo. And last, bust CERTAINLY not least, Geezer Butler, possibly the greatest bassist to ever grace the world of music, proves himself nowhere else better than on Paranoid, the primier heavy metal band's second musical effort.
1) War Pigs - This is Black Sabbath's best song, bar none. Absolutely breathtaking. 11/10
2) Paranoid - One of the rare moments when a filler becomes a band's most popular song ever. Short and sweet, this song never gets old. 10/10
3) Planet Caravan - I used to hate this song, but now i listen to it just as much as the others. A very underrated tune, this bizarre smoothe rocker displays some of Geezer's best work. Try the Pantera cover as well. 8/10
4) Iron Man - One of the heaviest, doomiest, and catchy of any Sabbath tune. Awesome distorted guitar, fast bass playing, clever drumming, vocals, everything on this track is sure to please any metalhead. 10/10
5) Electric Funeral - Starts off as a slow, sludgy, doomsday song, then slowly transitions into a quick and powerful blues/jazz tune. Good stuff. 9/10
6) Hand of Doom - Probably my second favorite Sabbath song. One of the few songs ever in which the bass does a good job at carrying the song, especially for 7 minutes. An incredibly underrated track, this, like many other Black Sabbath songs, is overlooked for either its meaning, length, or some other excuse. Listen closely, this song holds an important message. 11/10
7) Rat Salad - A 2 and a half minute instrumental, 45 seconds being a talented drum solo. Sort of a tribute to John Bonham's Moby Dick on Led Zeppelin II. 8/10
8) Fairies Wear Boots - The album closes with a big bang with the jazz-inspired 'Fairies Wear Boots'. Kind of a funny song about the perils of drug addiction. Awesome song. 9/10
Average - Exactly 9.5/10 (5 stars)
If you do not own this album, you should be ashamed for calling yourself a Black Sabbath fan. This album proves that all good music will stand the test of time. Buy this album. It's that simple. You won't regret it, I promise.
Peace, everyone, and keep rockin'.

3.0 out of 5 stars great stereo remaster- terrible quad master, May 9 2014
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
I never heard the CD version of this album before, only a store bought cassette many years ago. It seems to me that the best possible master was used and I couldn,'t be happier with this part of the package. The problem comes with the quad master that was used for the product used two years later. There is so much noise present that I'm shocked this was allowed to go out as is. No wonder quad was such a failure years ago. The actual quad mix is half decent but the tape source should have been the original master tape. The engineer should be ashamed of himself. A proper 5.1 mix should have been done. This was the only quad mix from this band and they blew there chance of something really special- the first elo album was done in quad and is far superior.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, Feb. 10 2014
Marcus Almighty - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
Even if you already own this album this is worth getting again. It comes with a fantastic booklet about the making of the album, along with a 2nd disc that has a quadraphonic mix which is different from the original and sounds great! As well u get a 3rd disc of 5.1 mixes. A true classic .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album!, Jan. 23 2014
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
I am a Black Sabbath fan and I love this album so much. Nice quality nice price, I am gonna recommend this to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Black Sabbath's "Paranoid!", Oct. 28 2013
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
Ok, this is one of my two favourite Black Sabbath's albums (the other one has the same name as the band). Got this to replace my old CD (scratched over years of use). Black Sabbath in its best!

4.0 out of 5 stars Old but still great, May 16 2013
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
It is what I expected, and still have a raw energy today. I am going to take my son to the Gorge, his first concert, Black Sabbath, so a little primer before we go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome album!, April 25 2013
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
This album is yet another great installment to the legacy that Black Sabbath has created. These guys really are the godfathers of Metal Music.

Paranoid
Paranoid by Black Sabbath (Audio CD - 1987)