4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Amazing
I too have owned this album multiple times. As much as I love this album I always found the sound quality really poor unless being played through a really good sound system. I was waiting for them to reissue this for years but gave up after a while. I was excited to hear about the black box remasters but had no interest in all the recordings. Finally they released the...
Published on Dec 12 2011 by BoBo

3.0 out of 5 stars great stereo remaster- terrible quad master
I never heard the CD version of this album before, only a store bought cassette many years ago. It seems to me that the best possible master was used and I couldn,'t be happier with this part of the package. The problem comes with the quad master that was used for the product used two years later. There is so much noise present that I'm shocked this was allowed to go out...
Published 2 months ago by BRIAN BOYLE, Thunder Bay, Ont

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 525 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars RevolutionaryHeavyDoomBlues, April 7 2004
Human Capote (kansas City, Mo USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
By the time this came out in 1970 Sabbath were already underground favorites. I was 16 at the time and my friends and I sat in my basement and listened to this the day it came out ( on vinyl) cranked way up. We had no idea what to expect after the first album! There was no one else quite like Sabbath. Blue Cheer, Budgie, Deep Purple, Zepplin, etc., were all great bands but Sabbath had a heavy, dark, truthful vibe like nobody else. I saw the tour that supported this album and it was incredible. The words to War Pigs could not be any more relevant in our world than right now. Planet Caravan is one of my favorite songs. It is great to "mellow out" to. It has been so cool to witness how this album has stood the test of time. "GOODNIGHT FROM BLACK SABBATH...WE LOVE YOU ALL!"

5.0 out of 5 stars phenomonal., April 5 2004
joe (san jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
Greatest f*cking album of all time.
favs: paranoid, hand of doom, jack the stripper/fairies wear boots, war pigs.
I used to listen to gangsta rap because all my friends did, yet i got sick of it, then I searched the net for something unique and solid, to my surprise i never thought i would like heavy metal.

5.0 out of 5 stars No wonder this is a classic album, April 1 2004
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
This is Black Sabbath's second release and I must say it is a great album. There are no bad songs, and they are all great. True, this is not their best release, but I think their best is Master Of Reality. Still, this album has its words. Now to rate every track on this magnificant album.
1. War Pigs/Luke's Wall: Loved the beginning, loved the middle parts, and loved the ending. For me, the ending solo is so great. 5.5/5
2. Paranoid: Who doesn't know this song? It is a great short song. As you can see, this is the album title track song, and it is cool. One problem, it is so overplayed, which somehow it made me get bored. 4.5/5
3. Planet Caravan: Sounds like someone dreaming that he/she is inside a jungle. It is calm and soft. The solo is kinda bluesy. Still, I like it. 5/5
4. Iron Man: Who doesn't like this song? Whenever I listen to this I feel like I want to smash everything. This is like my third favorite song. 5/5
5. Electric Funeral: Great riff and great lyrics. The mood is scary, but I like it. Things gets a little bit funky in the middle of the song. 5/5
6. Hand Of Doom: Loved the bass in the beginning. It is one of the best songs on the album and it is the unfamous song of the album also. But what the heck! It is great. 5.25/5
7. Rat Salad: It is cool, but it has a strange title. It is kind of annoying; don't get me wrong I love instrumentals, but this one is kinda cool in a way. 4/5
8. Fairies Wear Boots/Jack The Stripper: Alright, this is my personal favorite on the album. Great beginner and great vocals. From the first time I heard it, I directly fell in love with this song. I kept on repeating it on and on. Amazing! 6/5
There you have it. My personal review of one of the best albums in Metal history. It is still better than any nu-metal crap. Just pure and nice!

4.0 out of 5 stars Back in The day, March 28 2004
J. Martin "hoarycripple" (Durango, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
Back before Black Sabbath ruined their reputation with all those cheesy 80's albums(and that unfortunate stint with James Dio) they were a stark contrast to the hippie revolution with their realistic, brooding low tonal metal. Paranoid is a look back into those glory days. Guitarist Tony Iommi had the art of riffs down to a pure science, especially on "Paranoid", "Iron Man" and "War Pigs". The rythym section kept everything moving with surprising tightness and precision and Osbourne, in his pre "bundles of irritation" days (also known as Jack and Kelly) sounds genuinely downtrodden, resentful and scary.

5.0 out of 5 stars like, totally AWESOME, dude !!!, March 17 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
I got so excited by this CD when I first got it, I went right out and got a job at McDonalds.
What more need I say ? Paranoid totally rocks, dudes!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Insanity, Feb. 29 2004
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
This record is has some of the best sabbath songs ever.
1.War pigs- HEAVY! cool bass lines, awesome solos, great lyrics that can apply to today (President Bush)-10/10
2.Paranoid- great to bang your head to, way ahead of it's time-10/10
3.Planet Caravan-soft, cool bass lines,psychedelic, and a very jazz inspired solo, feels like an acid trip-9.5/10
4.Iron man-classic! very quick bass from geezer during the solo, and the opening chords give me goosebumps.-10/10
5.Electric funeral-One of my favorite songs, so simple, yet so dark and evil. Brilliant!10/10
6.Hand of doom- awesome riffs, lyrics about drugs, tempo changes, GREAT!-10/10
7.Rat Salad- very cool instrumental with an amazing drum solo-10/10
8.Fairies wear boots-this song is some of geezer's finest bass work, and overall very bluesy feel, pure genius.-10/10
So buy this record now, and if you play guitar or bass learn every song on here and then buy the other great five sabbath records, but DO NOT buy anything but the ozzy era. peace

5.0 out of 5 stars paranoid, Feb. 18 2004
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
tonyhawk is absolutely right. hand of doom is the best song on paranoid. it's my all-time fave black sabbath tune. the way the song changes during the middle and the cool bass hooks at the beginning + towards the end. everyone likes war pigs, fairies wear boots, iron man. blah blah. all that radio friendly stuff! ;). although, those tunes do rule. here's my top 5 sabbbath songs(in order) hand of doom, into the void, behind the wall of sleep, iron man & supernaut.

5.0 out of 5 stars A metal Classic!, Feb. 15 2004
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
Paranoid, the dawn of Heavy Metal. A Classic album by one of the greatest bands of all time Black Sabbath. I've said it before Black Sabbath have the greatest rythm section in all of rock and roll, and Pranoid shows it perfectly. Tony Iommi's guitar playing is the best that it was Tonys hole carear. Ozzys voice sounds great, and like I said Geezer and Bill's ryhtm is tight as ever.
Paranoid starts of with Black Sabbaths all time best song, 'War Pigs' the lyrics are Black Sabbaths best, the guitar solo is Iommi's best and if you didnt beleave me about Black Sabbath having the best rythm you will after you hear this! 'Planet Caravan' and 'Hand Of Doom' are among Black Sabbaths heavist songs on the album. 'Rat Salad' is the best instrumental Black Sabbath ever recorded. 'Elecric Funeral' is a killer song about acid rain, who knew Black Sabbath was concernd about the world? 'Fairies Wear Boots' is one of the best songs on the album and classic Sabbath. 'Iron Man' is one of Black Sabbath's biggest hits and one of Tony Iommis best performances ever. Then we have the tittle track, the reason everyone under the sun buys this album, the band is perfect on this song and the guitar riff is one of Tonys best. Ozzy is perfect and so are Gezzer and Bill. And 'Paranoid' was suppost to be filler, who knew?
This is Black Sabbaths most poular album and for good reason, its one of the greatest albums of all time! This along with Sabbath Bloody Sabath are two of the greatest albums of all time, you wount be let down, this I can assure you!

5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC, Feb. 13 2004
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
This is one of the best Hard rock/heavey metal Albums ever made by anyone. This CD and Led zeppelin - IV, The WHO - Who's Next and Deep purple - Machine head, are 4 Landmark hardrock albums wish any serius music lover must have in hes collection.
(all Black Sabbaths first 6 albums + Heaven and hell are must have for any hard rock lover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sabbath Release...Period, Feb. 1 2004
Iron-Man (the backwoods of texas...not really) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paranoid (Audio CD)
I can tell you right off the bat this Black Sabbath album is like a Greatest Hits compilation. Here are all of the songs and my opinion of them.
War Pigs / Luke's Wall: This would be one of Black Sabbath's best. It is about the Vietnam and well, you should know the rest.
Paranoid: This is another of BS's best, no BS does not stand for anything else. This song explains me a whole lot. I was kidding. Ha Ha. Whatever.
Planet Caravan: I never really listen to this song at all. I know it is slow, it's worth a listen though.
Iron Man: My second favorite BS song. This is easy to play on guitar but that ain't my point. I listen to this song and the next to get me in a good mood. Long Live The IRON MAN! That made no sense.
Electric Funeral: This is my favorite BS song ever. It has an awesome guitar sound. This could have been a good title track, but oh well.
Hand Of Doom: You have to listen to this song for a minute to get into the BLACK SABBATH METAL kind of sound. Awesome song.
Rat Salad: INSTRUMENTALLY CHALLENGED! This is my favorite instrumental of all time. Its a little to short though. This song has an awesome-cheesy name. You probably already noticed that.
Jack the Stripper / Fairies Wear Boots: This is one of my other very-favorites. I love this song to creeping death.
I am not a bad guy, i'm just a little PARANOID! (chainsaw cranking in background)
Please Note: What I just said is not a line in any of the tracks on this #1 BS cd.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 525 | Next ›

Paranoid
Paranoid by Black Sabbath (Audio CD - 1987)