4.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe or not so much.
FYI to other collectors, this is not the Sanctuary Edition digipak. It is a 2cd jewel case edition. The only distinguishing way to tell is look for Sanctuary as the label and not Fab Distribution. The album is 4.5 stars, the lack of description from Amazon is 0 stars.
Published 8 months ago by Cd Collector

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for post-Ozzy
Published on Jan. 9 2003 by Richard C. Jensen

4.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe or not so much., Aug. 11 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars All Heaven No Hell, Aug. 30 2013
This review is from: Heaven and Hell (Audio CD)
Every track is a winner. Great guitar sound plus the power of Dio's vocals make this one of my favourite Black Sabbath albums.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sabbath re-energized.., Oct. 2 2004
B. W. Wilson "Rocker since birth" (Boylston,Nova Scotia,Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven and Hell (Audio CD)
This album is a hard rock classic..Iommi's guitar tones on this album, along with great vocals, neat songwriting, and a real sense of purpose (we're back without Ozzy, so check it out) made this the dio-sabbath mothership. Mob Rules, although it had a few good tunes, cannot touch this. Is it only me that finds Iommi's vibrato a bit spooky?? He is the irreverant man in black.
You will not find a better album on this site for the price they want for it. Unfortunately, I have this, and everything else that I want on the site is like 23.99 and up :-(. Plus the S&H. Bummer.
Rock on........even if your music is from the past, and you are 35 and losing your hair. :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for post-Ozzy, Jan. 9 2003
Richard C. Jensen (San Diego, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven and Hell (Audio CD)
I liken the switch of Ronnie James Dio for Ozzy Osbourne to the switch of Sammy Hagar for David Lee Roth. The first albums succeeding the original singers (Heaven and Hell, and 5150) were pretty good, but then the succeeding albums faded fast. You just can't replace a David Lee Roth or an Ozzy Osbourne. Ozzy's intensely psychological lyrics made the band, and although Dio does a good job on Heaven and Hell, the style of the music is totally different. Yes, there are some good songs on here, and it's worth buying, but don't assume that you will get genuine Sabbath material in this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars "The World Is Full Of Kings And Queens Who Blind Your Eyes And Steal Your Dreams,Its Heaven And Hell"-Heaven And Hell, May 18 2008
Tommy Sixx Morais (The Great White North) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Heaven and Hell (Audio CD)
In 1979,After Ozzy left Black Sabbath,Dio became the new singer of the band giving the band a new life and new energy.You can feel right from the opening song "Neon Knights",that something about them has changed.Some tought,are quick to criticize Dio and of course those people just want Ozzy and nothing else,if you have an open mind then you will probably like Sabbath-Dio,if not then just don't like it that's all.Ronnie James Dio,has an amazing voice and in my opinion,he's a way better singer than Ozzy and can really bring a song to life.I can understand those people because I was once like them,beleving that Ozzy was the only true singer of the band but once I heard them with Dio it all changed.I think that Sabbath was great with Dio,maybe not as much as they were with Ozzy,but Dio certainly had his place in Sabbath and the albums he did with the band are memorable and classics ones with some great songs.

One big change is of course the fact that lineup is now consisting of Toni Iommi,Geezer Butler,Bill Ward and Ronnie James Dio,but another change is that Iommi's guitar playing has changed in the transition of Ozzy to Dio.He plays awesomely in my opinion and comes out with some rocking riffs that really stick to your head.In a way Dio is much more of a musician while Ozzy is a singer.This album has much more melody than previous albums and its a masterpiece that can sometimes be overlooked.The lyrics can also be more profound and real,they are different than in their previous album,you'll notice.Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio is still Black Sabbath to me lets make this clear.

The albums starts out with one of the best metal songs ever in my opinion,"Neon Knights" which has a great riff by Iommi and at this point already you know you're in for something special."Children Of The Sea" is considerably slower and more of a rocker.Dio sounds amazing on this one and its really an emotional song about courage,one of the best songs on the album."Lady Evil" is another great song with a good chorus and there is really nothing to complain about.I often have some of the lyrics in my head,"Lady evil,evil,she's a magical,mystical woman..." its got a good groove what can I say?"Heaven And Hell",the title track is amazing starting out slow and gradually becoming more intense.The solo in this song is amazing!A highlight of the album."Wishing Well" is pretty good,there's nothing really special,the song is just great."Die Young" is excellent no less."Walk Away"'s the song I don't really like,it's good at what it is,no more."Lonely Is The World" is a good bluesy closer but nothing exceptionnal here.

Dio was the best choice for a replacement singer,some bands after loosing such important members as Ozzy was decide to quit but sometimes continue and in some case do very well and Sabbath was one of those bands.Everything is top notch,the songs,the playing,everything is there and the result of "Heaven And Hell" is a masterpiece and one of the best Sabbath has ever done.I can't say it enough,this album is a must-have and it should be in any serious rocker's collection.Its a highlight in both Sabbath and Dio's careers.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums ever!, April 14 2008
Customer from Quebec (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Heaven and Hell (Audio CD)
I still remember the first time I listened to Heaven And Hell. I was in awe. I couldn't believe that Dio fits like glove to the band. You have the impression they've been together forever. Coming from Rainbow, which is more of a Deep Purple sound, Dio made Black Sabbath darker and and created with them three masterpiece albums! Who would think, that a group that everybody thought was losing it after the horrible Never Say Die, will come back so strong! After so many great albums with Ozzy, they wrote some stunning material-Heaven And Hell, Die Young, Children Of the Sea, Lonely is The World, Neon Knights. It's about the whole album. One masterpiece after another. I love Ozzy, but I get mad when I hear people saying that Black Sabbath with Dio isn't Black Sabbath! It is! And no less than 100%
Now touring like Heaven And Hell (and sounding better than ever, I saw them last year), I cannot wait to hear the new album they are recording together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheerly Awesome-They Still Got It Without The Ozzman, June 24 2004
This review is from: Heaven and Hell (Audio CD)
MY OPINION-To me Black Sabbath has and always will be Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, and Bill. My first response to this album was "Crap. It's not the same without Ozzy". But my closedmindedness (if thats a word) soon fell away and I opened my eyes to a truely awesome album. All the songs are masterfully done and the songwriting is the best since Sabotage. On to the review
1.Neon Knights-The concept of this song is weird in my opinion. One thing Dio added to the songs was a mystic, midievil feel to them. This song proves that right away. 9/10
2.Children of the Sea-2nd best song on the album. Some of the lyrics are not really that good (Then we did the demon dance and rushed to Nevermore)but still an awesome song. 10/10
3.Lady Evil-Strange, yet the music is so good that it's overlookable. 9/10
4.Heaven and Hell-The single best song on the album. The riff is deathly catchy (even if it is sorta reminiscent of the Snowblind riff) 10/10
5.Wishing Well-Not the best song by far, but still a decent rocker that'll get ya goin. 8/10
6.Die Young-Amazing song. The intro thingy is really cool and the main riff is great. Probably the 3rd best on the album. 9/10
7.Walk Away-The riff is good and sorta sounds just a fuzz like Marilyn Manson's song Lunchbox (to me anyway). Not the best song on the album, but still good. Probably the weekest song though. 7/10
8.Lonely is the Word-Sounds sort of generic, but the riff is good. Once again, not the best song but not the worst. 8/10
BOTTOM LINE:This album should appeal to everyone who is even remotely interested in metal/rock music. To everyone who think Sabbath couldn't make it without Ozzy, listen to this album and tell yourself that again. Sounds stupid to say that dont it?
Rock on

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Rock at It's Best, July 8 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Heaven and Hell (Audio CD)
As a 12 year old guitar player (if that's what you call it back then), a friend introduced me to the mighty Sabs with their "brand new" album, 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath'. I thought it was the wierdest thing I had ever heard, even moreso than Bloodrock's DOA. But I was enthralled. Then when they basically broke up in '78 (there was a rumour...remember, there was no internet then), I was bummed. But then they reformed with Dio (who is, I think, a fantastic vocalist but a sorry human being) and released 'Heaven and Hell'. This was the only time I caught them live. I truly believe this album defines heavy metal (and that has become such a cliche, considering the chainsaw garbage out there now, or I should say in the last 20 years). This album shuld be in everyone's collection. Iommi is certainly the master of sludge. No one can touch him. 1980....Rush's Permanent Waves and Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell. A guitar player's dream year. A must have!!

3.Lady Evil-Strange, yet the music is so good that it's overlookable. 9/10
Rock on

5.0 out of 5 stars A new beginning, June 17 2004
Michael Rindt - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven and Hell (Audio CD)
Two albums turned me on to Sabbath, pretty much simultaneously in the early 80s - Paranoid and Heaven and Hell. Isn't that something! Quintessential Ozzy and Dio! It's easy see Paranoid in the upper echelons of Metal History, but I think this one gets a place there too. I can't, to this day, hear Neon Knights without getting chills. And the title track...are you kidding me! Tony Iommi displays for all the hear why he is a god amongst metal guitarists everywhere, why even James Hetfield gets nervous around him. Nobody should ever make the mistake of thinking Sabbath died when Ozzy left.

ARRAY(0xab7bad2c)

Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell by Black Sabbath (Audio CD - 1987)