summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Family

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on July 22, 2001
Although many highlights of his 80's albums are in their original versions and has a great song called "If It Should Please You" available nowhere else, everything else, including "Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald" is all re-recorded and the remakes are not good at that. You are better off getting the "Songbook" boxed set or the original albums for what you would be buying this for. If It weren't for the highlights of the 80's albums and the new track, this would rate 1 star, but since the 1980's original recordings are well chosen and "If It Should Please You" is a decent song, I give it 2 stars.
on January 15, 1999
Gord's Gold Vol 1 is one of my favorite CD's, so I had high expectations for Vol 2. The majority of songs have been redone, losing a lot in the process. I was highly disappointed. 2 stars only because I have heard worse! (Not by Gordon, though!)
on March 10, 1999
I, too, loved Vol 1. On this album it sounds like the band is asleep. It's so uninspired that I threw it out. I didn't see a warning on the packaging that he'd rerecorded the songs... I wish I'd had the web then.