5.0 out of 5 stars Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young!
Published on Jan. 9 2003 by celine ellis

3.0 out of 5 stars streets of fire
I loved the movie, but was disappointed when they did'nt use Stoney and the guys on the bus for "Countdown To Love" on the CD.
Published on June 25 2003 by PITCALKIDS@AOL.COM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young!, Jan. 9 2003
This review is from: Streets of Fire: A Rock & Roll Fable (Audio CD)
This soundtrack is one of the most enigmatic accompaniments to a movie I know! It maybe the fact that the movie is my all time favorite but each song tells a story. None more than the epic "Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young". One of the strongest songs on the cd it will take you on an extensive journey and just when you think you have reached the end - theres more!
A great crew worked on the soundtrack - you wont be dissapointed
An absolute must buy cd for fans of the movie - but even if you havent seen it, the CD can certainly hold its own as a classic Rock album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, you'll love it, Jan. 29 2005
This review is from: Streets of Fire: A Rock & Roll Fable (Audio CD)
More great pieces by Jim Steinman and Ry Cooder. Great "doo-wop" with "Count Down to Love". See the movie for great visuals of the concert footage - puts most music videos to shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best you've never heard of, March 6 2004
The Tailpipe (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Streets of Fire: A Rock & Roll Fable (Audio CD)
The music on this CD is incredible. It boggles my mind that someone hasn't turned this into a Broadway musical yet (if it ever happens, you heard it here first). It would run for years! I just don't know who they'd find to match the power and range of Laurie Sergeant.
But back to the CD - The order of the tracks is not the same as the movie and the alternate version of "Countdown To Love" is somewhat lacking compared to the movie version. Also, "Deeper and Deeper" by the Fixx is good, but seems out of place. These minor quibbles aside, this atypical classic 80's rock soundtrack should be in every music lover's collection.
Jim Steniman, Ry Cooder, Tom Petty, Bob Seeger... the array of telent on this disc is outstanding. Most notable are the Jim Steniman compositions ("Nowhere Fast" and "Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young") - pure GENIUS. If TIWIMTBY doesn't send chills up your spine, you're dead or ought to be.
Often overlooked are two numbers performed by the Blasters ("One Bad Stud" and "Blue Shadows"). These tunes HOT. "Sorcerer " (penned by Stevie Nicks) is a haunting lament that really suits the mood of the movie (as do mosst of the songs on the disc).
Fire, Inc. does an incredible job (who were these studio musicians and where are they now) and Dan Hartman's "I Can Dream About You" was a huge single that played on the radio for months during the mid 80's. It's a shame much of the CD got little air play.
Anyway, do yourself a favor, buy the CD if you don't own it. Buy the DVD too. Hearing the music is one thing, but hearing it in context is another. You'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars STREETS OF FIRE [ SOUNDTRACK ], Jan. 25 2004
Good movie! Great soundtrack! Best song on this cd is
Blue Shadows by:The Blasters also Hold That Snake by:Ry Cooder.
Overall,I don't think there is a bad song on the whole cd...

4.0 out of 5 stars fire Inc. !!!, June 30 2003
This review is from: Streets of Fire: A Rock & Roll Fable (Audio CD)
the fire inc. songs alone are a reson to buy this cd

5.0 out of 5 stars Steinman blesses us with his songs once again!, June 29 2003
This review is from: Streets of Fire: A Rock & Roll Fable (Audio CD)
Here's my advice: Buy this CD. Put this CD into your CD player. Skip to track 6. Turn off the lights. Experience "Tonight is What it Means to Young". (It's best if you have surround sound as well). It's the kind of song you don't merely listen to, you "experience". I am a hardcore Jim Steinman fan and this was one I bought solely to add to my collection. I now don't know how I lived without "Tonight is What it Means to be Young". I would have to say it has become one of my favorite songs. I can't fall asleep at night without having listened to it. Steinman is a genius, he truly is. I have to admit I bought this soundtrack, as I mentioned, because I am a Steinman fan. I actually bought the soundtrack to a movie I've never seen or heard of! But I have to say, after listening to it, I presume the DVD will be arriving in my mailbox soon! Both Steinman songs are awesome, I also like "Never Be You", but they're all great. As another reviewer said, this is the kind of CD you can put on loop mode and listen to over and over again. Don't hestitate, you won't be disappointed!

3.0 out of 5 stars streets of fire, June 25 2003
PITCALKIDS@AOL.COM (Moreno Valley,Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Streets of Fire (Audio CD)
Where can I find out who the members of Fire Inc. are? Nowhere Fast and TIWIMTBY are the Bomb ! I give the movie "5 stars" but the CD "3 stars" because I felt cheated that "Countdown To Love" was not even close to being as good as it was in the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lost Steinman is gold!, Jan. 9 2003
Mark F. Braun (Norridge, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Streets of Fire: A Rock & Roll Fable (Audio CD)
Some people have knocked this mix of soundtrack of the movie, but being a Jim Steinman fan, I still love the disc. OK, some of the 80's electronic sound is too pop and click for my taste anymore, but the Steiny compositions are masterfully delivered and as symphonic as pop music can get: the kind of stuff that can send chills up a spine. My CD came by way of the UK import; if you can nail it here at these prices, man, why wait? Tonight is what it means to be young...

5.0 out of 5 stars The movie soundtrack that made me love Meat Loaf., Oct. 6 2002
Chip Dobbs "Game Publisher" (Powder Springs Ga.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Streets of Fire: A Rock & Roll Fable (Audio CD)
First heard this sound track when I was 11 on the movie. For some reason I knew then that I really liked it. How was I too know that it was because Jim Steinman wrote it and most of Meatloafs songs who I really like! Great music. Track 6 is the best one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another "underground" classic, July 22 2002
tehuti (Fullerton, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Streets of Fire: A Rock & Roll Fable (Audio CD)
This is one of those records that I haven't listened to in a long while but definitely had an impact on me back when it first came out. I saw the re-grouped Blasters perform at a blues festival yesterday and all of the memories of this record and the movie came rushing back. Prior to hearing "Blue Shadows" in the movie I had not heard the Blasters. It is still one of my favorite cuts.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Streets of Fire: A Rock & Roll Fable
Streets of Fire: A Rock & Roll Fable by Ry Cooder (Audio CD - 1994)