5.0 out of 5 stars Huey Lewis is Amazing!
The album is amazing. From beginning to the end is the movie's music. I feel like I was transferred to 1985 listening to it.
Published 1 month ago by Chris Matalski

3.0 out of 5 stars "You are my density".
Published on May 12 2004 by H3@+h

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Huey Lewis is Amazing!, June 12 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best, July 17 2003
Shawna G (Germantown, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Back To the Future Soundtrack (Audio CD)
I had this tape when the movie first came out. Due to extreme heat and sun in my car, the tape melted and I never replaced it. So 10 or so years later, here I am buying the CD and I LOVE IT. It is one of my all time favs!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars "You are my density"., May 12 2004
H3@+h "Over 1500 reviews!" (thanks for the helpful review votes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Back To the Future Soundtrack (Audio CD)
This is a decent soundtrack overall, but nothing too impressive. The best tracks I think are the "Huey Lewis And The News" songs. The last two songs are good ones from the film as well, however the rest of them seem to be filler. I also like the two "Back To The Future" tracks, but think they should have opened and closed the album, instead of being randomly stuck among the other songs. This is something good to own if it's one of your favorite movies, otherwise I'd leave "Back To The Future" in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright "Future" Ahead - Wear Shades, May 31 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Back To the Future Soundtrack (Audio CD)
The now almost classic(?) soundtrack to the 1985 film boasts the only #1 hit that "Huey Lewis & The News" ever had. This, I think, is the first soundtrack that features the music of Alan Silvestri. The sad part, and the major flaw, is that there are only two tracks that feature any score material of his from the film ("Back to the Future Part II" is pretty much the same style score as the original "Future"). They are worth listening to, as well as "The Power of Love", and "Back in Time". "Time Bomb Town", and "Heaven is One Step Away" should have been replaced w/ Silvestri's memorable score (I'm positive that Lindsey Buckingham, Phil Collins, and Eric Clapton aren't putting these songs on top of there most proudest moments lists). Great soundtrack all around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Soundtrack, May 31 2003
This review is from: Back To the Future Soundtrack (Audio CD)
I like this CD. It's full of obscure music from the 80s and two tracks of Back to the Future score.
I can't believe that more people don't like "Time Bomb Town" (The melody is taken from guitar chords in the song
"Go Insane" by the same artist, BTW).
This CD is usually in my 3-disc along with Phil Collins' "No Jacket Required" and Genesis "Abacab".

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but funny, March 9 2003
THOMAS M REILLY JR (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Back To the Future Soundtrack (Audio CD)
The music in this really is great. I'm a big fan of the oldies and the 80's so for me there was no going wrong. The orchestral piece written by Alan Silvestri is totally awesome too. It's inspiring almost. Make's me wonder why I can't write music like that. Anyway, the music is really great, but here's what I think is funny... if you look on the track list is says that Jonny B. Goode is performed by Marty McFly. Um, maybe I don't understand the way crediting artists on soundtracks works. But I don't think that is correct. Especially since Marty McFly's real name is Michael J. Fox (D'uh), and the voice singing it was definately not michael j. Fox's, and third Marty McFly is a fictional character. Why oh why do they give credits to a fictional character and not to the guy who actually sang the song in the movie? I just think thats funny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Could have been Great, Jan. 25 2003
John H. Morrison (Stafford, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Back To the Future Soundtrack (Audio CD)
This CD consists of music from "Back to the Future." It consists primarily of the rock and jazz oriented music used in the movie (even that heard on the homeless man's radio). The CD also has two tracks of the soundtrack theme. I would like to have heard more of the score, and also a couple of the popular tunes from the fifties, such as Mr. Sandman and The Ballad of Davy Crockett. As it is, when the orchestral music comes in on the third track, the change surprises one out of complacency.
It has probably the effect that jazz clarinetist Benny Goodman had on the listeners to one of his weekly radio show in 1937, when he invited a string quartet up and played a movement from Mozart's Clarinet Quintet.
Earth Angel, the song from the Enchantment Under the Sea dance, also developed an orchestral background near the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot Stop Listening To This, Jan. 2 2003
K. Kainula "kevinkainula" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Back To the Future Soundtrack (Audio CD)
I just can't stop listening to this cd. It is so great. Here's the list:
1. Power of Love - Huey Lewis & the News
7. Wallflower (Dance With Me Henry) - Etta James
8. Night Train - Marvin Berry
9. Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine) - Marvin Berry
10. Johnny B. Goode - Marty McFly
I would recomend buying this soundtrack if you love the movie like so many other people do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music for a Great Movie., Dec 31 2002
This review is from: Back To the Future Soundtrack (Audio CD)
This is a fine collection of original music scored for the movie and the pop songs recorded by Huey Lewis and the News, which suit the story very well. The Back to the Future movies still remain the best Alan Silvestri has worked on.

3.0 out of 5 stars This made me a Silvestri fan., Oct. 10 2002
This review is from: Back To the Future Soundtrack (Audio CD)
When I saw "Back to the Future" as a teenager, not only did it become one of my all-time favourite movies, but it also played a major part in turning me on to movie scores; I know a lot of people bought it for the two Huey Lewis cuts and the other songs, but Alan Silvestri's score was what drove me to get this. Both Silvestri and the score have many fans - there's actually a website petitioning to get the actual music from the movie released, as the 11 minutes or so on the soundtrack [the short main theme and the 8-minute "Overture" - basically a suite, mostly taken from the storm climax] aren't heard that way in the movie; the version of the theme over the end credits has a more thrilling ending than the album version, for instance. (I heard some sound clips of the Varese re-recording and was NOT impressed.)
The songs are okay, but nothing really essential; more of the score would have made this a 5-star release. But fans can take heart from "Romancing the Stone" [finally released after 18 years]... we might get lucky!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Back To the Future Soundtrack
Back To the Future Soundtrack by Various Artists (Audio CD - 1985)