Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$26.95+ $3.49 shipping

on July 28, 2001
These are tough, unsentimental readings of these symphonies. Unsentimental, yes...but not without feeling! Indeed, without the schmaltz, von Karajan brings out the sincere pathos of the music.
on June 28, 2000
I've known Schubert's "Unfinished" Symphony since I was a little kid, and it's always been one of my favorite classical works. But until I bought this disc, I never really *experienced* it.

Karajan's interpretation is very different from most of the others in that it's much, *much* slower. Maintaining the enormous energy level required for this symphony over a significantly *longer* period of time by playing it slowly - and startlingly evenly - is an amazing feat, and Karajan's ability to draw this performance out of these musicians demonstrates his genius.

Okay, Karajan was an anti-semite, and I don't relish giving money to his estate (or heirs, or whatever). But my experiences listening to this recording have been visceral, primal, and purely powerful. That's an awful lot to say for a piece of music.
on July 30, 1999
Karajan's this CD is one of the best interpretation of schubert's unfinished. It has depth and serenity of this symphony. His no.9 changed my view. I never like 'The great' But now I understand what Schubert intended. Especially trio part of third movement is so beautiful that I almost cried. You will never regret buying this CD.