5.0 out of 5 stars Hell Yeah!
I'm not even bisexual but this guy nearly dawn turn me on. Sweet, sexy, groovy and really intense at the same time, I think he's my favorite singer of all time, he might seem feminine at first but throw down your damn predjudice wall, he's masculine as can be, virile, macho, physical, give him time and he's gonna snuck by you, this thing is perfect
Published 1 month ago by Nicolas Auclair

3.0 out of 5 stars let's say ok
sound,not very good at all,thought it was digitally remastered on LET'S STAY TOGETHER TINA TURNER makes him sound---ugh ... so much for AL!
Published on Aug. 3 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Hell Yeah!, March 15 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Al Green's Greatest Hits, Aug. 24 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Rm) (Audio CD)
I am so happy to have a copy of Al Green's hits. My Audio CD can earilier than I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is oozing with sensuality, tenderness, passion and string's of majestic hits, June 23 2007
Jenny J.J.I. "A New Yorker" (That Lives in Carolinas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Listening to these Soul classics of Al Green creates a spirit of sexual energy that scores a hit right into the center of the limbic system of your brain: takes away hostility, stress of the day, and other petty worries, and recharges your same brain circuits to fire up thoughts of love, romance, and many other wonderful happenings inappropriate to spell out in this Amazon.com review; prompting heavenly thoughts and feelings you may not have had in a very long time.

Thank GOD Al Green didn't find the aforementioned sooner, otherwise it may have been gospel that Green was remembered for as opposed to these seventies soul gems. Few soul artists come correct like this anymore - this is still a brilliant compilation in which every song carries a hook or melody so naggingly good that you wonder how it's legal. Notice how people react when you play a song as heavenly as 'You Ought To Be With Me', 'Call Me' or 'Livin For You' - they start to wonder where AL Green has been all their lives that is the seductive charm of this record.

Unfortunately 'Greatest Hits' doesn't include some of his more subtle, affecting work like 'How Can You Mend A Broken Heart' or 'I Didn't Know', but the Rev. Al Green can still send a rapturous chill up your spine and make your world that much more joyful by owning this record.

5.0 out of 5 stars overpriced classic, March 2 2005
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Great music and worth any price you can afford. Too bad I can't afford this price and can't order it from amazon.com where it's only $9.99 US. C'mon amazon canada; why does it cost so much here?

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My favorites, July 8 2004
C. BULLARD "Charlene" (LANSDOWNE, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I love the Best of Albums, and this is one of the best. Al Green is awesome and I love how this was comprised. By the time the CD gets to Love and Happiness, I am in tears. Yet, it is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 70's Soul, April 23 2004
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I only knew 3 of the songs on this album, but I love the rest of it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, April 19 2004
L. SOMMERVILLE "lovestoread" (MI, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Simply soulful and reaching! Great example of Al Green's work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, April 19 2004
L. SOMMERVILLE "lovestoread" (MI, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This CD is simply soulful and electrifying! It is an excellent example of Al Green's catalog.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could sing like Al Green, March 21 2004
K. Oda "tkoart" (Silver Spring, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
If I could sing like one person in the world, I would choose Al Green. There are other singers with wider ranges and bigger voices, but no one could express human emotions as simply and directly as Green. The timbre of his voice is sexy without being syrupy, and his phrasing is soulful without melodrama. His singing makes you want to sing along, even as you realize you have no chance to keep up with him.
In addition to a great voice, Green has a great ear for songs with crossover appeal. He combined the funky edge of the Stax Volt sound with a smooth crooning vocal texture. My favorite all time Al Green song is "Here I Am," on which he uses an extended bridge to show off his effortless transitions between tenor and falsetto modes. But every song on this CD makes you want to tap your toes or snuggle up with your honey, or both at the same time.
Green switched from secular r&b to religious music later in his career. This CD includes his biggest hits from his secular period. If you had to pick just one Al Green album to own, this is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE MUSIC, Feb. 29 2004
KJUICYS (ALBANY'GEORGIA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: V1 Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I LOVE HEARING ALL TYPES OF MUSIC.ESPECIALLY AL GREENS MUSIC HE IS A LEGEND TO ME PLEASE LET ME SAMPLE A FEW SONGS FROM HIM.

ARRAY(0xa5329ce4)

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits by Al Green (Audio CD - 1995)