countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout All-New Kindle Music Deals Store Home sports Tools

Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 50 REVIEWERon July 31, 2011
I really wanted to like this album. I recognized the name and her song "La Vie En Rose" is part of everything French. After "La Vie En Rose" in the "'Allo 'Allo! (1982 TV series)" I thought I would take a chance on this album. Well it turns out I like Louis Armstrong better at that particular song.

I found Edith Piaf's voice to be a tad raspy and with the exception of the songs that really sounded French, she just grated. Most of the songs on this album make me thing that Edith was the Connie Frances of her time. Maybe part of the problem is I only understand a handful of the words. But I was hoping the other attributes would make up for that (they did not).

The package comes with a paper insert that has a list of the songs.

The artist, born Édith Giovanna Gassion led an interesting life. You could make a movie from it. However it is her music that interested me. That is before buying this album. Don't get me wrong. It is not bad, just not my taste.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 20, 2013
I bought this CD because my husband was rather fond of the songs she sang on this CD. Since he received it last night, he has really enjoyed it.
on March 17, 2014
hearing her voice transports me back to my wonderful European holidays.
The variety of songs are well chosen and so beautifully sung
on March 6, 1999
All the best Edith Piaf songs are on this cd. Many will be familiar even if you don't recognize the French titles. Simply beautiful!
on May 23, 2013
I got this album for my father & he absolutely loved it!....Finding the songs he has enjoyed through the years...A good buy indeed!
on February 11, 2000
Another great woman in our Art, Culture & Entertainment!
on July 13, 2015
It is a "mono" recording and lacks depth.
on May 12, 2015
Not the songs I wanted. Will need to try again.
on February 23, 2016
loving it. excellent value.
on May 6, 2015