4.0 out of 5 stars THE REAL CLARENCE CARTER, Jan. 31 2003
This review is from: Snatching It Back-Best (Audio CD)
Of the the many soul artists of the mid-60's, Clarence Carter was underated by many of the northern radio station D.J.'s and program directors. Living in Baltimore at the time Clarence was recording on the 'Fame' label, only 1 station would play his music with any consistancy and that was WANN in Annapolis, Md..
I'm happy to see this album available but miss cuts like;
Funky Fever, Thred the Needle, The Court Room and a few others.
Overall, this album will fill the soul gaps in anyone's collection. Now, if I could only find some original Andre Williams.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite CD's, Sept. 14 2000
Pizzlefoof@aol.com (New Paltz, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snatching It Back-Best (Audio CD)
Wow. what a cd. The whole album is full of classic tracks. I play this CD so much. His voice is one of the most amazing that I have ever heard. It blows me away every time I listen to this CD. I wish that he would tour through NY. This CD is a must for anybody who ever remotely likes soul music. Buy this CD. BUY THIS CD NOW!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarence Carter is one of the greatest soul singers, Aug. 1 2000
This review is from: Snatching It Back-Best (Audio CD)
Clarence Carter's work for the Atlantic and Fame labels is my favourite soul music. In my opinion his music from the sixties and early seventies is better than that of Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin or any other southern soul man or woman. I feel that he was greatly under-rated during that era. He had a great voice, catchy tunes, and beautiful horn and guitar work. Many of Carter's greatest songs from that period are on this particular album, and I think that it is a must-have. For those to whom Clarence Carter is new, I advise them to get the following albums as well: This is Clarence Carter, The Dynamic Clarence Carter, Patches, Testifyin', Sixty Minutes with Clarence Carter, Heart Full of Song, Loneliness and Temptation, and the original The Best of Clarence Carter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunnning Stunning Stunning, Dec 21 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Snatching It Back-Best (Audio CD)
In the UK he's only known for the execrable "Patches" but Clarence Carter is truly one of soul music's greats. He has a shrewd sense of humour ("I can't see myself" and "I'd rather go blind" are strange song choices for a blind singer) but his writing delivery and SOUL are superb. A must have.

Snatching It Back-Best
Snatching It Back-Best by Clarence Carter (Audio CD - 1996)