Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

Nocturnal
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$19.81+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
on November 6, 2003
I snatched up this gem a few years ago, when I was on a summer vacation in New York (a few years after this was released, it wasn't available in Canada anymore). This album is one of my soundtracks to the summer, my boys and I listened to it straight through at least 30 times! It flows like a river.
Straight up, this is a DOPE and CLASSIC debut release from Ruck and Rock. All you need to know is Da Beatminerz produced it (except "Operation Lockdown" which was produced by E-Swift of Tha Alkaholiks ((anyone one else find that odd?)) nonetheless a perfect song to finish the album). Anyone one who knows the B.C.C knows that each of their debut albums (Black Moon, Enta Da Stage, 1994. Smif-N-Wessun, Dah Shinin', 1995. O.G.C, Da Storm, 1996. & Heltah Skeltah, Nocturnal, 1996) are all classic staples in East-Coast hip-hop, and nobody can argue that all four of the above mentioned albums have REDICULOUS production - all courtesy of Evil Dee, Mr. Walt & Baby Paul; Da Beatminerz.
We all know that "Lefleur Leflah Eshkoshka" feat. O.G.C (track #13), is one of the BEST B.C.C tracks ever created. I just had to shout that track out, but honestly every track is amazing in its own right. If you listen with an open-mind, I guarantee you will love this LP. It's perfect for a dark and/or rainy night. This album has an underlying theme, relative to darkness (in this case you CAN judge the album by the cover).
What places Heltah Skeltah above the average is the way their almost completely opposite styles perfectly compliment one another. Even if you don't like Rock's rugged and raw voice or Ruck's smooth, I don't give a sh*t demeanor; I highly recommend you cop this for the beats alone.
Bottom Line: Intro to Outro, this whole album is sick. 4 stars. Peace.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on November 10, 2003
What do we have here caught in the center of the square 4 corners
nocturnal is a solid album by helta skeltah my favorite songs are
the square soldiers gone psycho & grate unknown( i see the horizon)this album is somewhat of a classic big rock (Rockness monster) & ruckus are a perfect combination in my opinion this album is much better than their second effort magnum force
check out this old school classic! in the words of big rock (f@$* it if you wanna get hypa!) syghonara!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again