5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Christmas CD EVER!!!!!!!
Published on Dec 6 2003 by Jennifer McDermott

2.0 out of 5 stars overproduced
I can see that if you grew up listening to this album/CD how you might have some nostalgiac recollection of the holiday season and thereby relate to that innocent time in your life when any break from a choral representation of holiday standards was ground-breaking. However, with all the Christmas collections out there today, this CD is starting to show its age. The...
Published on Dec 4 2003 by Jason D Dewees

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Christmas CD EVER!!!!!!!, Dec 6 2003
Jennifer McDermott (Hamilton, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Christmas Gift For You From (Audio CD)
I finally found this on CD!!! YAAAAY!!! I'm 26 years old and I grew up listening to this Christmas CD every year...and we still have the original cassette which does't sound so great anymore!!! This is going to be a huge suprise for my Dad as he's been looking in all of the music stores every year to see if it's been put on CD!! And now it is!!! This has got to be one of the most fun and energetic Christmas CD's of all time and it will get even the scroogiest person out there in the Christmas spirit!!! It's great for Christmas parties!! Thanks Amazon for having this......it will make my Dad so happy to finally have it on CD and make our house hopping at Christmas!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, Nov. 28 2003
J. Kaas (Welland, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Christmas Gift For You From (Audio CD)
I am 19 years old. This album is older than me but it's what I grew up on for Christmas music. I absolutley love this record, and I am so excited to see it on CD. From beginning to end this album is played several times in my house every year, because I love it so much. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars all the way!, Jan. 21 2014
Love the "Wall of Sound" Phil Spector created for us all to enjoy. The Christmas songs on this album are timeless and I suspect will be around for many holiday celebrations to come. This was a last minute Christmas gift request from my husband ordered about 2 weeks prior to the big day, and it arrived less than a week after I placed my order!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, Dec 13 2013
Fabulous album and now sounding even better on 180 gram heavy weight vinyl ... Do youself a favour and buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectortacular!, Dec 24 2012
I just listened to this for the first time a few years ago. I heard so much about it for so many years prior to that though. It has influenced countless Christmas works since it's release so I can see why it is so acclaimed and well liked. It's a fantastic showcase for the 'wall of sound'. It definitely one of my favourites now as well!

1. White Christmas - Darlene Love
12. Here Comes Santa Claus - Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans
13. Silent Night - Phil Spector And Artists

5.0 out of 5 stars My Christmas Gift To Me:, May 27 2012
L. Woodcock "Golden' Oldie" (Oshawa, ON. Canada) - See all my reviews
I purchased this Christmas CD for a friend, but when it arrived and I took a close look at it and it's contents, well I kept it...One of the very very best Christmas CD's I have ever bought...If you like that "Wall of Sound" sound, then buy this...You will not be sorry...Just "GREAT" as was the price and the prompt and courteous delivery and service...This year I will reorder it for my friend and this time she will get it...

5.0 out of 5 stars The classic album, Oct. 26 2003
This review is from: A Christmas Gift For You From (Audio CD)
This album was something of a revolution in its time, at least where Christmas music was concerned, although all that Phil Spector actually did was apply his normal production style to Christmas music.
The Crystals, famous for Then he kissed me and Da doo ron ron, sing brilliant, energetic versions of Santa Claus is coming to town, Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer and Parade of the wooden soldiers. The Ronettes, famous for Be my baby, are equally brilliant on Frosty the snowman, Sleigh ride and I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus. Bob B Soxx and the blue jeans, famous for Zip-a-de-doo-da, also excel on Bells of St Mary's and Here comes Santa Claus.
Darlene Love, whose biggest success was as lead singer of the Crystals on He's a rebel, sings four songs here, a rare chance for her to be credited as a solo performer. Christmas (Baby please come home) is the only original song here. White Christmas includes the rarely heard verse about being in Beverley Hills. The other two, Marshmallow world and Winter wonderland, are also outstanding.
The closing Silent night is just a series of spoken acknowledgements set to a backing track. Don't worry about that - the twelve songs that go before set the standard for Christmas rock albums when it was first recorded and still do, because nobody has bettered it in the forty years since.

5.0 out of 5 stars santa's little helpers......., Nov. 4 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: A Christmas Gift For You From (Audio CD)
this album has made itself as traditional as turkey & mince pies.
christmas ain't christmas without these songs, they complete the season, great classics, loved by all generations, everyone can singalong, & also very danceable.
even tho' it's LA, & their palm trees, not xmas trees,
it still sets the mood! party on!

5.0 out of 5 stars I saw Ronnie kissing Phil Spector, Dec 27 2003
Johnny Heering "trivia buff" (Bethel, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Christmas Gift For You From (Audio CD)
The greatest rock and roll Christmas album of all time? Yes, it is. Great "Wall of Sound" production and great singing (especially by Darlene Love) on some Christmas classics. Okay, "The Bells of St. Mary's" isn't really a Christmas song (although it was the title song from a Bing Crosby movie), and "Parade of the Wooden Soldiers" isn't really a Christmas song either (although it is about toys), but they do fit in with the rest of the album. The rest of the songs are well known Christmas songs, other than "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)", which is a great song written especially for this album, and "Marshmallow World", which is a relatively unknown Bing Crosby song. This is a classic album that I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't listen to Negatives...Best Christmas CD EVER!, Dec 21 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: A Christmas Gift For You From (Audio CD)
I read one of the Christmas CDs for this (the only one I think that was bad) and this moron said...'it's starting to show it's age'.....'over produced'. Again, I say MORON. This album is a classic and just because of it's age or Production you cannot deny this is simply the finest Christmas album of all time. If you are going to condemn it due to a Production style that has aged, or technology that wasn't as good...then what's next? 'Mozart and Beethoven out the window because the music is no longer 'hip' ? Tear down the Statue of Liberty...it is old isn't it? This person who wrote that review either has a tin ear...and or simply doesn't know anything about music. The tracks are alive, fun and it still and always will hold up against ANY of the cliche CRAP that's out today. Britney, N'Stink, Any Rap act...anyone of the whiney, played out ...I MUST singing 150 notes for every one written...they ALL stink. Christina, Alicia Keys....Clay , Reuben...all of them are light weights (singing wise)...do you think that 40 years from now ANY of the aforementioned will be remembered? No way.
Buy the album. You won't regret it. Not even 40 years from now. Merry Christmas.
(REBEL AGAINST CRAP MUSIC...(Oops , I mean Rap Music)

A Christmas Gift For You From
A Christmas Gift For You From by Phil (Various) Spector (Audio CD - 2002)