5.0 out of 5 stars "There are people capable of playing this?!"
Published on Sept. 28 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Guitar transcriptions do not do justice to The Four Seasons
Hearing snipets of two mintues or less from this cd was intriguing enough to make me buy the disk, but an entire cd of this is much too much. Vivaldi wrote some works for guitar, Four Seasons wasn't one of them and it doesn't lend itself to guitar transcription. I love guitar and I love Four Seasons, but the work is far better expressed on violin.
The Amsterdam...
Published on July 31 1999 by Penumbra

5.0 out of 5 stars "There are people capable of playing this?!", Sept. 28 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Vivaldi: The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
This is what I think whenever listening to this album. Two years ago, I heard the last allegro of Winter from this album on a classical radio station. I bought it immediately (after I caught my breath). It was and still is one of the most amazing things I have ever heard - The Four Seasons played pizzicato on guitars. The trio's execution is flawless. The dynamic changes they somehow surprisingly master make this, I think, far more moving than the traditionally instrumented version we've all heard ten thousand times. I have had this disc for two years, and I still catch my breath. I am grateful that such skilled artists had the idea to present this work to us.

2.0 out of 5 stars Guitar transcriptions do not do justice to The Four Seasons, July 31 1999
Penumbra (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vivaldi: The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
The Amsterdam Guitar Trio has done some wonderful work, but repeated listening has done nothing to improve my opinion of this cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Amazing, Sept. 19 2000
This review is from: Vivaldi: The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
I heard this recording on my friends rca sound test cd. I went online the next day and found the album and bought it. It is the most amazing way I have ever heard the Four seasons played in my whole life. Anyone who loves the four seasons will love this cd. I actualy like this cd so much that I plan on buying 3 more copys for my friends as gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Through four seasons in one hour, Dec 8 2002
This review is from: Vivaldi: The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
If you want to hear habitual "Four seasons" you will be disappointed. Music on this CD is something special. Sharp, crystal clear guitars voices make the amazing musical picture - not like a traditional performance. I very recommend this CD for people who likes pleasant surprises and guitar music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the guitar renditions, May 24 2001
This review is from: Vivaldi: The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
Of the many renditions of the Four Seasons, this is among the best and it is one of my all time favorites. And it has topped my list of classical music in my collection.

Vivaldi: The Four Seasons
Vivaldi: The Four Seasons by Amsterdam Guitar Trio (Audio CD - 1994)