5.0 out of 5 stars This CD Dwarfs all Gems Out There
Published on July 12 2005 by The Critic

3.0 out of 5 stars The edges of disappointment
I personally do believe that this album has some very beautiful and haunting songs, but in terms of The Tea Party's potential, this album was rather disappointing. Out of all The Tea Party albums, I believe that this was the worst album they have made. The only really good songs featured were the popular ones: "The Grand Bazaar", "Fire in the...
Published on May 8 2000 by Anna

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD Dwarfs all Gems Out There, July 12 2005
This review is from: Edges Of Twilight (Audio CD)
I cannot say enough about this CD. If you believe in a god, you will disown him. If you are in love, you will shatter her heart. If you are alive, you will sell your soul. No one can top this CD, not even The Tea Party themselves. Dark. Mysterious. Angry. Deep. Hypnotic. Original. Powerful. They carved their own style and created a genre of their own. Too bad The Tea Party could not make in-roads into the US. That is ok, I am more than happy to keep them for ourselves in Canada :)

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, April 16 2013
This review is from: Edges Of Twilight (Audio CD)
I love this band! My new favorite groups. Order came in very quickly, and I was impressed with the quality of service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous & Unique, April 24 2004
This review is from: Edges Of Twilight (Audio CD)
This is the first Tea Party album I've bought, after downloading a few songs to see if I liked their stuff (this was after doing a search for "The Master & Margarita" on Google - completely unrelated to music ^_^)The premise of Indian/Middle Eastern flavor fused with more mainstream alternative rock sounded pretty good to me.
Turns out it's absoultely addictive! I can't stop playing this CD. Their sound reminds me of Creed and Led Zepplin, mixed with a dash of Audioslave and seasoned with sounds reminiscent of the Beatles in their East Indian/Sitar period. Don't think I'm saying they rip off these bands -- if there's one thing Tea Party has, it's originality. Nothing ever gets really hard (coming from the opinion of a metalhead, here) but nevertheless it rocks. There's a nice balance of more typical rock and rather light, folk-sy style pieces on this particular album. I'd definitely recommend it, and I plan to buy some of their other releases.

5.0 out of 5 stars EPIC, April 11 2004
This review is from: Edges Of Twilight (Audio CD)
There is nothing unoriginal about this album! It's simply amazing, from track 1-12! A cross between The Door and Days of the New! It's inspiring! This album is not for people who like cookie-cutter music, it's REAL MUSIC, not processed cheese!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rock and Roll Masterpiece., Feb. 1 2004
This review is from: Edges Of Twilight (Audio CD)
This is the crowning moment of modern Rock n Roll. Possibly the best record of the 90's. Every song is great and "Walk With Me" is possibly the best ROCK song of the 90's. Standouts "The Badger", "Shadow's On The Moutainside", "Coming Home", "Walk With Me" and "The Bazaar".
One Of My Favorites !@#$
Visit my About Me Page For More Recommendations

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tea Party Album Ever, Nov. 5 2003
This review is from: Edges Of Twilight (Audio CD)
This album is the Tea Party's best and my personal favorite. I listen to it almost everyday. My favorite part about the album is the fact that there are over 30 different instruments used on it, yet they all fit together perfectly somehow.
1.)Fire in Head-5 stars-This is a great rocker to open up with. Very philosophical and based on a book Jeff Martin read. That already makes in deeper than any American music.
2.)Bazaar-4 stars-Great song with awesome djembe intro. The song has a great rhythm, very catchy.
3.)Correspondences-5 stars-Very mellow, Door-esque song. Very brooding dark song about relationships and what not, but more poetic than most American music. Great solo on the guitar at the end too.
4.)The Badger-5 stars-Awesome instrumental guitar song. Ver mellow as well. Sets a nice mood, has a very irish-scottish feel to it.
5.)Silence-4 stars-Loud and surprising after such a mellow song in the Badger. Good middle eastern feel. More great poetry, similar vibe to the Bazaar.
6.)Sister Awake-5 stars-The Tea Party's opus. I would give it a million stars if I could. This album features many different instruments in one Epic song. Switches moods so quickly it makes you head spin and leaves you saying wow at the end. Once again another incredibly poetic song, awesome song and a good place to start.
7.)Turn the Lamp Down Low-4 stars- Very bluesy, slide guitar based song. Good ganja jam lol. There is another good version of this song on Alhambra.
8.)Shadows on the Mountainside-4 stars- Good folk-based song. Jeff's voice sounds excellent. I love listening to this song when I am in a mellow mood. Good segue into Drawing Down The Moon.
9.)Drawing Down the Moon-5 stars- Awesome blues based song. Very sombre and emotionally heavy. The song that first drew me into to album 6 years ago.
10.)Inanna-5 stars- Great middle eastern based song about the Sumerian goddess of the same name. Follows a similar vibe to the other eastern songs.
11.) Coming Home-5 stars- Great acoustic to heavy to acoustic song. Very poetic introspective song. It shows Jeff's guitar playing well. Just another great song, doesn't have all of the eastern instruments but still is awesome.
12.)Walk With Me-5 stars- Great way to end an album. Kind of a psychadelic song highlighting Jeff's great guitar playing. Good song about loneliness and what not. Another good ganja song. Has a cool spoken word section by Roy Harper after the song, and later on has a clip of Jeff destroying stuff while singing part of Correspondences.
And there it is, the whole album broken down song-by-song. I hope everyone finds this useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living on the "Edges", May 25 2003
E. A Solinas "ea_solinas" (MD USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
This review is from: Edges Of Twilight (Audio CD)
Finding good music is hard to do. Finding good, well-written, well-sung and original stuff is even harder, but Tea Party's exceptional "Edges of Twilight" manages to be all of the above. With a sort of exotic-rock edge reminiscent of classic bands (Led Zeppelin, The Doors), "Edges" is a treat.
Among them is the wonderful rock opener "Fire in the Head" ("I'm waiting/flowers of evil in my mind/and I'm waiting/dancing with fire on the edge") and the more exotic "Bazaar," the exquisite "Sister Awake," the amazing "Drawing Down the Moon," the strangely sexy, frightening "Walk With Me," and the very different, almost Middle-Eastern "Inanna" ("Into the starlit sea my love/into the moonlit sea/riding the crest of winds above/I'm begging you stay with me").
Even when the songs are simply written, the references to fire, "the sun in the flame," drawing down the moon, red rivers going to the sea, "the city of the evening star," idols speaking at twilight, moonlit seas, and the unnamed love riding the winds back to the narrator. There's a mystical-sounding edge to virtually every song on here, though that's not a quality usually assigned to rock-ier songs. The vocals are good, and the music more than makes up for any flaws; the guitar playing is some of the best I've heard for a long while, backed up by keyboard, sitar, drums, bells, and more.
While being influenced from some of the best of classic rock, "Tea Party" is entirely their own animal, with amazing songs that most bands can only dream of. Original, alluring, and a definite winner for fans of amazing music.

5.0 out of 5 stars The start of it all...., April 21 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Edges Of Twilight (Audio CD)
This is the disc that got me hooked on the Tea Party...
This cd is incredible. I call it gypsy type rock. They have a that down and out rock feel with all these ethnic instruments blended in. They are also at times dark and I love that. Vocals and lyrics are sheer beauty and poetry in all the albums and the music just heightens that. This cd is amazing get it... get it now...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Tea Party Sound, March 5 2002
Dwayne Follick (Taichung, Taiwan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Edges Of Twilight (Audio CD)
The Tea Party is and will always be one of my all-time favourite bands. This was their very first album that I ever listened to. I listened to Fire In The Head and loved it but wasn't too fussed on the other songs for quite some time. After the release of their next album TRANSMISSION I went back and listened to EDGES OF TWILIGHT and was amazed at what was on there. I realized that I didn't appreciate it nearly enough as I could have. It begins with two solid rock songs Fire In The Head and The Bazaar, and then with a bluesy/softer song in Corresondences. After having listened to all the Tea Party albums I rate this one the very best! It's got over thirty instruments used and each song has loads of things going on. A trademark Tea Party song is Sister Awake. This song would best define what the Canadian Tea Party band is all about! This is an album for all moods. Get it right away. It's amazing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Canada is the next musical hot spot., Feb. 3 2002
This review is from: Edges Of Twilight (Audio CD)
I got this album for the song "fire in the head" I listened to the rest of the tracks. Didn't like them, put the cd away, and didn't listen to it again untill only recently. I'm very sorry I did that because this is a very musicly rich album to own. "The edges of twilight" Has a song to fit every emotion you want to convay wile listening and it takes music from new and exsotic view points. You have everything here from Powerful rock songs, Softer more lyricly expressive songs and exsotic songs that use insterments like the 12 sting guitar and Sitar. The tea party is a highly talented band that doesn't get the attention they should for the calaber of music they make. I like to think of them as a close relative to Led Zepplin or the Page and Plant era rock. Do your self a favor and check them out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb9797240)

Edges Of Twilight
Edges Of Twilight by Tea Party (Audio CD - 1995)