5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Debussy Sampler of Light, Lulty Sounds, Nov. 18 2003
rodboomboom (St. Louis, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Debussy For Daydreaming (Audio CD)
Debussy is easy on the mind and this collection captures that sound magnificently.
Known for style of rhthym and color, here is grouping of snapshots of serene landscapes, seascapes which take the listener away to these serence, romantic scenes.
With a wide array of instruments, such as harp, piano, flute, viola and orchestra, this flowing work captivates and charms.
Especially fond of "Maid with the Flaxen Hair" with its oboe intro and sensuous, lulling melody which envelopes the ears bringing its warmth and peace. Along those same musical lines, the piece "Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun" is enchanting in its tenderness.
Some of the most beautify piano classics come from this composer, i.e. Claire de Lune (here done by full orchestra) and Arabesque No. 1.
Whether Debussy fan or newcomer, this CD is worthy in one's collection to relax, and even daydream with.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most beautiful music ever?, June 21 2003
Surf "surf501" (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Debussy For Daydreaming (Audio CD)
This is my favorite classical CD of all time. I can't even put into words how much I love "Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun", lush music that transports my mind to the islands of the South Pacific. I love the impressionist era in art, and this music is from the same time. It fits. "Images for Orchestra - Perfumes of the Night" is my other favorite track. Much of the music exhibits a highly cinematic flair. Sometimes I listen and feel like I am watching old movies. Beautiful images flood my mind; intense emotions, color, and dramatic scenes. Highly recommended. Listen and dream.

5.0 out of 5 stars Found again, Nov. 9 2002
Lisa Sawyer "Chai_girl" (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Debussy For Daydreaming (Audio CD)
I purchased this cd with several others in the series - Mozart for Meditation, Beethoven at Bedtime, and Liszt for Lovers. My ex managed to spirit away all but the Beethoven. I missed them so much that now I have to buy them again. These CDs can definitely be used to either heighten or change your mood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and relaxing, March 23 2000
Ce commentaire est de: Debussy For Daydreaming (Audio CD)
Me being a great fan of Debussy, I was instantly attracted to this cd when I saw it. And it is a good mix of music reflective of Debussy's style. I love listening to it while drawing or writing, or just to daydream, like the title says.
One thing I liked a lot was the chamber music. I had never heard a string quartet from any period after the Romantic Era before, and his string quartet was awesome, as was the trio for flute, viola and harp. I also liked the orchestra arrangement of Clair de Lune, one of my favorite songs. Actually, I could sit here listing ALL the songs I liked, but that would be all of them. Overall, a wonderful sampling of Debussy. I am definetly going to try similar cds in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, May 22 2001
Ce commentaire est de: Debussy For Daydreaming (Audio CD)
Claude Debussy is my favorite composer. I first listened to his music my freshman year in college 23 years ago and have been hooked ever since. I enjoyed this CD but have one major reservation. The rendition of "Reverie" was played by a pianist who obviously had someplace to be in a very short while. Maybe he had a "duelling pianos" thing going on with a friend to see who could play it fastest, or maybe the pianist was a very talented 10 year old who suddenly realized he had to go to the bathroom. The phrasing and dynamics were good, but the piece was played way too fast.
This was too bad, as "Reverie" is my favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Music, June 26 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Debussy For Daydreaming (Audio CD)
I bought this CD sight unseen through a music club, and loved it so much that I have bought it for others. I've become addicted to the "Set Your Life To Music" series because of this CD and my brother's fondness for the "Bach for Breakfast" CD. However, this one will always be my favorite because of the lovely "Claire de Lune", which is so beautiful it makes me misty. Debussy reminds you how great it is to be alive. I highly recommend this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply enchanting; a must have for music ALL music lovers!, March 15 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Debussy For Daydreaming (Audio CD)
I had no familiarty with the music of Claude Debussy before buying this album, that's why I can honestly say it's for everybody. It's soothing, yet not "New Age-ey". Allow the music to get in your head, and it will create astounding fantasy worlds! As a poet, I find this CD to be a great aid when I'm needing some inspiration! I also heartily recommend any album in the Philips' "Set Your Life To Music" series!

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!, Jan. 18 2000
K. Maurine (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Debussy For Daydreaming (Audio CD)
Definitely one of the better in this series. I grew up knowing "Clair de lune", and am happy to be introduced to the rest of the music on this CD. This music will lull you into a wonderful sense of well being and relaxation. Very easy to listen to and if you are unfamiliar with this music you will be a great fan in no time - no doubt!

5.0 out of 5 stars A rich, mesmerising collection, Jan. 3 2000
Maattii (Southern California) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Debussy For Daydreaming (Audio CD)
The first time I heard this CD I could do little more than be still and just listen.
Yes, it's that enchanting.
Debussy's piano Arabesques were so beautifully performed they could have been the first notes after creation - light, happy, rich, and amused.
A truly marvelous collection. Be still and listen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and transporting intro to unique composer, March 14 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Debussy For Daydreaming (Audio CD)
Debussy's compositions can take you away to another world, or bring you to a fantastic vision of your own. This collection brings together heartfelt productions of some beautiful compositions. I especially enjoy En Bateau, which makes me feel like I'm rolling in a boat...

Debussy For Daydreaming
Debussy For Daydreaming by Various Artists (Audio CD - 1995)