march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 24, 2004
If you are looking for a good solid traditonal Christmas CD to add to your collection this is it.
If you can only afford one Christmas cd and you want a soothing, uplifting, beautiful and magical cd........this is it.
Simple yet complex.....The voices are pure ethereal, like angels. Words to discribe this album would be magical, beautiful, light, pure, spiritual, moving, comforting, joyous.
This album captures the true essence of the season.
I have spent almost double on most of my other Christmas cd's and yet this is destined to be one of my very favorite.
A reviewer from Georgia said "breath taking" and I agree.
on February 24, 2004
This album captures the essence of the season.
A reviewer from Indiana said "breath taking" and I agree.
on December 12, 2002
After listening to this album once, I immediately ordered several copies to give as gifts. This beautiful disc conveys the joyful mystery of the Christmas season without a hint of commercialism. It is pure and simple, and quite soothing in the face of the chaos that the holiday has become.
on November 30, 2002
I never get tired of listening to this, one of my all-time favorite Christmas albums. My kind of Christmas is listening to beautiful music performed by incredible English choirs, not so much the Rudoplph & Frosty things (although I am a sucker for that too!). This CD does not disappoint, and while I do prefer all-male choirs (those heavenly trebles and such), the inclusion of female voices does soften and sweeten the overall sound. A lovely addition to the Christmas Cd collection!
on December 16, 2000
Another quiet and delightful Christmas cd to play on a snowy December night in front of a crackling fire and a scented candle with a snifter of cognac. "Donkey Carol" was one of my favorites. But check out "Child in a Manger", it's definately the inspiration for Cat Stevens "Morning is Broken" A beautiful cd worth listening to even after Christmas.
on December 21, 1999
One of the absolute best choral Christmas CDs I've ever heard. The performance of Wexford Carol, In the bleak midwinter, Gabriel's message are just incredible. The sensitivity of the singing, the arrangements, the selections -- it takes the breath away.
on November 24, 1999
I had a vinyl copy of the import version ("Christmas from Clare" - now unavailable) and I'm so happy I found it under the new title. This album has so many unique qualities. There is some instrumental accompaniment, but it is clean and spare and devoid of the usual holiday bombast. The blend of the voices is perfect. Many of the selections are different from what usually clogs the radio waves in December. I can't really do justice to the beauty of the singing here, but it has a lovely peaceful quality that I treasure at this time every year.
on December 21, 1998
This is the best Christmas album that I have EVER heard. It would not surprise me if it became for you the definitive album of Christmas. It was released in Europe under the title "Christmas from Clare," which is now available only from collectors. Good news though! This IS that classic recording. Buy this one up quick.