5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 13 2004
This review is from: Great Organ Works (Audio CD)
I find myself a Bach fanatic, and I have very decisively studied him. I find that his pieces are without a doubt the pinnacle of Baroque style and composition. I am an organist and I must say that you don't have to be an musician to appreciate the difficulty and talent here! This is without a doubt a wonderful CD. I feel that this CD will most definately get you addicted to Bach, although there are other CDs you might consider advancing to. After years of use, I felt a desire to hear it all, and so then I bought Marie-Claire Alain's box set of complete organ works. It was wonderful. So in all i believe this is a great CD for people who enjoy Bach, but for those who wish to step up to the next level I would recommend Alain's Box Set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've Ever Heard, July 3 2002
Andrew Agave "Andrew A." (Melrose, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Organ Works (Audio CD)
I am an organist myself, and I must say that Peter Hurford is the number one master of playing the organ. It sounds as if he has become the organ and creates outstanding music that will give you very intense emotions that you have never felt before. His omnipotent playing abilities are unreal. This is one CD no one, not even the average person, would send back for a refund. You do not have to be a music lover to enjoy Bach's almighty works. This is a very good deal; 2 CDs for less than the price of one new-release CD at a store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've Ever Heard, July 3 2002
Andrew Agave "Andrew A." (Melrose, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Organ Works (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great recording of the Bach organ masterpieces, July 7 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Great Organ Works (Audio CD)
Peter Hurford, one of the great organists around, has produced a great recording of the great organ masterpieces of one of the greatest organ composers ever! In this recording you have almost all of the most famous Bach works. I was quite impressed with the quality of his playing, and his interpretation and style is very good! This is a great recording for the "light" Bach lover to the serious Bach lover!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bach at it's best, July 11 2000
Carsten Moenkemoeller (Bielefeld/Germany, now CT, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Organ Works (Audio CD)
As a former organist and lifelong Bach fanatic this compilation of some of Bach's best known works is simply as good as it gets. Peter Hurford, nearing perfection at the "Queen of Instruments", puts the five organs from around the world through their paces like nobody's business. Bach himself would have been proud of Hurford's interpretation. Master Composer meets Master Performer - a must have for every organ lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational recording, Aug. 12 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Great Organ Works (Audio CD)
Hurford 'gets' this music. This disc will bring tears to your eyes. The fact that you get 2 CDs for a bargain price makes it sweeter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 17 2000
Mr. R. Van Schelven "Ries" (Leidschendam, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Organ Works (Audio CD)
Apart from that Peter Hurford is an excellent organ player, you have to hear this organ. Especially on the BWV 552 Prelude and Fugue in E flat major. It is majestic.

Great Organ Works
Great Organ Works by Johann Sebastian Bach (Audio CD - 1995)