5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable resource
Published on July 31 2001 by Bettina Engelman

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, kids need to really be in the mood
I bought this for my 5-year old daughter who loves litening to my classical music. She did not like it. It failed to grab her attention.
Published on April 7 2003 by EB

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable resource, July 31 2001
This review is from: Baby Dance: a Toddler's Jump O (Audio CD)
As a music educator, preschool teacher, and mother of three young children, I have reviewed many recordings for children. When evaluating a product, I do not necessarily look for songs I like to listen to, but selections that are well received by children. The producers of "Baby dance" did a wonderful job in choosing beautiful pieces with a fast tempo that encourage toddlers as young as 13 months to march, hop, and dance. Not all songs are from the typical classical music sampler tapes, introducing adults to other, lesser-known beautiful masterpieces. Most selections are less then 2 minutes long, wich proved the perfect time span for the attention of a 2-year old. I videotaped my youngest son when he was dancing to this tape as a 2-year old. He interpreted the feelings the music conveyed and moved his body according to these emotions - from wiggling to standing still and tuning in to crawling on all fours. I give workshops to early childhood educators and always recommend this title.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, kids need to really be in the mood, April 7 2003
EB "eb7228" (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A different "baby classics" album, Nov. 11 2002
Lyudmila (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Dance: a Toddler's Jump O (Audio CD)
I've bought many CDs for my son (who is now 2), including various classical compilations for babies. However, most of them seem to comprise of the same two dozen or so "favourites" from the Baroque and Classical periods. Also, most of the selections are usually in slow tempo (in order to pass as "lullabies") whereas I find that babies respond better to rhythmic, upbeat tunes. I like this CD because it includes beautiful selections that are less overused, come from different epochs and styles, and are very suitible for small kids. The pieces are brief (babies have a short attention span)and upbeat. They won't put your child or yourself to sleep, but you can listen to them repeatedly without getting tired.

4.0 out of 5 stars My preschooler really likes this one!, Jan. 29 2001
This review is from: Baby Dance: a Toddler's Jump O (Audio CD)
We first purchased this CD when my son was 18 months old, and he's really enjoyed it ever since. He's now 3 years old, and still asks for it to be played. The selections are short, but high energy and and lots of fun. This is a GREAT CD to have handy on those rainy days when you can't get out of the house! Incidentally, it's also recommended for preschoolers by Ed Hirsh, of the Core Knowledge series (What Your Kindergartener Needs to Know, What Your First Grader Needs to Know, etc), on his coreknowledge.org site.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun for toddlers, very energetic, Nov. 18 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby Dance: a Toddler's Jump O (Audio CD)
I bought this for my 2 yr old granddaughter-she calls the "sabre danse" her "running song" and the piece from "carmen" her "jumping song". I prefer longer examples of the various works but it works well for little ones.

ARRAY(0xab159dd4)

Baby Dance: a Toddler's Jump O
Baby Dance: a Toddler's Jump O by Various (Audio CD - 2003)