5.0 out of 5 stars Tahitian Dancing/Tamure Fun!, Oct. 23 2002
M. Kalaveras (San Mateo, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tahiti Kaina Party (Audio CD)
I've been hanging around the Polynesian Dance community in the SF Bay Area for over 20+ years. I even danced with a Polynesian dance school and we participated in solo and group competition at the annual "Tahiti Fete" held in San Jose every year. I really love the culture and dance of the Tahitian people. So when I got married, my husband took me to Tahiti (of course!) and the Marquesas for our honeymoon. We boarded the freight ship, Aranui, to take us to the Marquesas and every night in the cocktail lounge, the ship's sailors and staff would gather their 8 string "uks" (ukuleles or mandolins, as some may call them) and jam all night long!
The music on this CD reflects what I heard and danced to while on the Aranui, and it reminds me of the wonderful people we met and the beautiful places we visited while enroute to the Marquesas. I swear, sometimes I could hear Coco, the bartender, yell out, "Aita peapea! (Don't worry!)", while listening to this CD!
When I became pregnant with our first son, we would bring him to dance practices so he could hear the drums and uks jamming. Like me, he loves the music!
Today, we have two young boys, I'm no longer dancing, the Tahiti Fete only comes but once a year and until my kids get old enough whereas we can take them to Tahiti and the Marquesas (via the freight ship), the music on this CD will quench my thirst for fun and lively Tahitian music! Tamure on!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, happy, high-energy sound, July 29 2000
b remington (Eureka, ca USA) - See all my reviews
I have 15-20 CD,s like this & it is among very best, as per the sample sounds

5.0 out of 5 stars Exiting, pleasing party songs to dance and listen to., April 11 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Tahiti Kaina Party (Audio CD)
This is the type of Party songs that I have been looking for. Obviously the person that put this CD together is a traveller of the Polynesian Islands who knows what popular dance songs favoriates most of the island nations like. All the songs in the album is fantastic. It won't be a mistake buying this one.

Tahiti Kaina Party
Tahiti Kaina Party by Tahiti Kaina Party (Audio CD - 1994)