5.0 out of 5 stars Good CD
Published on June 27 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, fun, bubble-gum rap at its best...
Before Will Smith made 20 million dollars per box office flick, he was the funniest, funkiest Fresh Prince alongside his sidekick DJ Jazzy Jeff.
Published on May 28 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, fun, bubble-gum rap at its best..., May 28 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
In-between the hardcore gangsta rap of N.W.A. and the political mindedness of Public Enemy, we met young JJ and FP with their 1988 mega-hit "Parents Just Don't Understand". Jazz and Prince followed with "Nightmare On My Street" and "Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble", which samples the 'I Dream of Jeannie' TV theme.
The best song on this CD is the timeless "Summertime", a jam that still sounds fresh to this day. "Ring My Bell (Mr. Lee's Radio Mix)" is also a dance-friendly song, as is the previously unreleased "Lovely Daze". Plus, any Fresh Prince fan will love the full version of "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air".
Other goodies include the Teddy Riley-produced "I'm Looking For The One (To Be With Me)", "Boom! Shake The Room!" and Will Smith's own "Men In Black". If you want to know and revisit Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince, this is a great CD to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good CD, June 27 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This CD has Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff cuts, spanning their entire history. Jazzy Jeff, creator of the transformer scratch, is one of the best DJs ever, he started out playing at parties with the Prince to founded his own record label, A Touch of Jazz. The best two tracks on this CD are "The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff," which displays Jeff's scratching skills and "A Touch of Jazz," whose title speaks for itself.

Will Smith aka the Fresh Prince adds smooth flows of comical lyrics to Jazzy's fresh beats. The tracks have the best flows are "Summertime," describing scenes of summer, and "You Saw My Blinker," which has got the funniest Prince lines.
Also, you got to give props to the old school tracks, "Parents Just Don't Understand" and "Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble." My only complaint about this album is it loses it's replay value after a while. But when that happens, just put it away for a year then bring it back out. This CD is a must have for any Will Smith, Jeff Townes, or hip hop fan. Even though the Prince doesn't have to cuss to say what he's trying to, any true hip hop fan will like this.

4.0 out of 5 stars They advanced Hip Hop's popularity significantly....., July 8 1998
Ce commentaire est de: Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
In it's virtual "eye blink" time span of existence, Rap, and the Hip Hop house it lives in has been rapidly and constantly changing. Just as we look back on our Afros and bell bottoms and can see our development since then, with this collection, we can look back, even if just ten years, at a group that as weathered some changing times. By that, I mean musical tastes. Rap is as diverse as the population it serves. And those who consider themselves "the true and the pure", can't resist promoting their style at the expense of trashing anothers. DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince have been extremely popular, yet also have been unfairly maligned by a large part of the industry. I guess I have to admit that I'm partial to fellow West Philly natives. I am also West philly born and raised, and the playground was were I spent most of my days. I wasn't frontin', trying to emulate a gansta, or felt my role models were those who participated in "the thug life". I was a regular brother, trying to catch the eye of the pretty girl, keep my head low when bullets were flying, and survive the drama of the inner city. DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince reflected this attitude, as did Kid and Play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eminem could never live up to this!!, Feb. 8 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Prince and Jazz are apart of the changing of the guard in mid 80's rap. They reflected an expanding genre where groups like Public Enemy and The Beastie Boys where apart of the mainstay. Jazzy Jeff is by far one of the worlds greatest DJ's and Fresh Prince is one of the most talented and intricate rappers to come along. Anyone who disagrees has never seen them live. I find it shameful that when Eminem had bad words for Will Smith, no one in the rap world stood up to defend Will. Eminem needs to show respect for a legend and understand that his unique "character trait" is what makes him rich and famous - not his skills. There have been thousands of emcees since 1975 and most of them have been much more skillful than Eminem but have not been as successful. Is it coincidence that Vanilla Ice was just as big as Eminem... I doubt it. I can't beleive the rap community was so spineless in defending this legend - Will Smith. We gotcha back Will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goin' ol' school, Willie style ! :), Dec 9 2002
Krista-Lea (New York, United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
If you cant let go of your youth, like myself, and you like upbeat rap with "no cussin'" as Eminem said of Will Smith and his recordings, (not to mention what Emimen says after that to Will) this is the CD. Almost every track was a favorite, from 'Parents just dont understand', 'Nightmare on my street', 'Summertime', and even the full length version of the theme from his hit TV series 'Ther fresh prince of Bel Air'.
Total Will Smith, with Jazz here, and it is great. Very lively and those creative lyrics you just cant get enough of..well, almost. But it really remains one of his best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof That Nice Guys Can Finish First!, June 23 2004
Ervin Griffin (Bluefield, WV) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Before the rage of hardcore rap, there was a young man out of Philadelphia named Will Smith along with DJ Jazzy Jeff showed that rap can be fun and can still make the charts! Nearly all the classics I remember are on here plus a few that I had never heard until this CD!
Will still can flow but to me, he was much better as The Fresh Prince! I have to agree with one reviewer about Eminim. I feel Em is talented but I also agree he should show more respect to one of the veterans of the game. Get this to hear the original "Bill Cosby" of rap!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gangsta Rappers Just Dont Understand, June 4 2000
Ce commentaire est de: Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I used to be a huge fan of Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince,so when I heard they had a greatest hits cd,I just had to have it. And I was actually surprised at how good it is. The cd has several hits including my favorites Girls Aint Nothin But Trouble, Men In Black, Summertime, I think I can beat Mike Tyson,and the only song that Will Smith( Fresh Prince),ever curses in-You saw My Blinker. One of the greatest collections of hits,put onto one album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some of the best Hip Hop ever, Jan. 23 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
They never take themselves too seriously. Girls ain't nothin' but trouble is funnier thatn h***. it has the theme from Dream of Genie. Boom!Shake the room is some of the best ever. Parents just don't understand is something everyone can relate too. If you like new stuff it also has Men in Black theme. The best one of all is The Fresh Prince of Bell Air. Now you can listen too it as often as you want. Get this and see if you like others

4.0 out of 5 stars A great CD, with one exception, June 11 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This CD is great. Summertime is a personal, one of the best alltime summer songs, along with 'Today was a good day' by Ice Cube and 'Schools out for summer' by pink floyd. Every other song on the album is worth listening to.... with one exception.
I gave this album only 4 star for one reason: You saw my blinker. What a miserable excuse for a song. Will Smith attempting to be a gangsta. Painful to listen to. But other than that, a great CD

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great collaboration of Jazzy & Fresh Princes hits!, July 4 1999
Ce commentaire est de: Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This is a great CD if you like Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff. It has all of thier great songs and my favorite "Summertime". This is a great CD to bump in your car during the summer. It a classic style of rap for 3 or 4 years ago and it is great. So if you like that style and you like Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff you should get this!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits
Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince Greatest Hits by Jazzy Jeff And Fresh Prince (Audio CD - 1999)