5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly perfect in every way!, Oct. 25 2003
This review is from: Perfect Time (Audio CD)
Before I say anything further, I must first confess that I don't yet own an entire album by this artist but a friend of mine burned a compilation of her work for me, spanning from her debut 'Marie' to 'Misty Eyed Adventure', 'Perfect Time', and her latest, 'Whisper to the Wild Water', and I've been listening to it all day, completely entranced and loving it more and more every time I hear it. She just amazes me and I'm so grateful for this introduction to her music. The only problem is I'm not sure where to start now because everything I've heard so far has been unbelievably great! (I especially enjoy "Ce Leis", "Jealous Heart", "A Place Among The Stones", and "Hard To Break The Seal").
Marie Brennan is probably best known for her dazzling contribution on Chicane's 'Behind The Sun' where she lets loose the magic of her voice on the classic "Saltwater", which can be found on countless dance records. The feel of that song, as well as the entire CD, is filled with dreamy trance beats as her haunting operatic-style singing majestically soars with the samples from "Harry's Game" (a popular New Age song), but here on her solo albums she takes her music in a more familiar direction that's similar to her Clannad days, which might turn some people off because she doesn't really take any chances here to make it her own, but sometimes it's better to just stick with what you're good at... Her silky smooth voice glides effortlessly through endless melodies of sheer tranquility, sweeping through lovely Celtic harps and pipes that interweave contemporary pop rhythms with a tinge of world for good measure. And while I hate to compare a singer to someone else, I can't help but hear an uncanny resemblance between Marie Brennan and the Native American singer, Rose Moore, who started out with Sacred Spirit before releasing her New Age debut, 'Spirit Of Silence', earlier this year. But despite all of that, they're both very different and that is made apparent throughout their records.
Another thing I notice is how she often tones her range down to elevate the sensation of floating for most everything she sings is subtle (even if the song is upbeat), carrying an air-like breeze that's very gentle and never overpowering; almost as if she's drifting in weightless space. I'm very taken with this teaser and I definitely plan on buying every album, even guest appearances, this artist has released and I highly recommend anything Marie Brennan has been a part of! I therefore prompt you to take a chance with this glorious music.
Trust me, you'll be glad you did

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect timing!, May 14 2004
Nathan P. Couch Jr. "ncouch" (Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfect Time (Audio CD)
Enya's sister Moya has an equally incredible voice. the Celtic sound is strong and the worship of her heart is authentic. The song "Perfect Time" is worth buying the CD in and of itself. The rest of the CD is simply icing on the cake for me. Seriously, the song "Perfect Time" came when I really needed to hear it. I needed to be reminded that God is in control of all things and all things happen in His 'perfect time'. I can't say that I have always remembered this in my life, but this song reminds me that He is God and I am not. He knows what He is doing and I don't. In short, buy this CD and prepare your heart.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice for modern Celtic music., Jan. 26 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Perfect Time (Audio CD)
"Perfect Time," despite its Christian motif, has something for everyone. The music is wonderful, not at all like the pop/rock direction "Whisper To The Wild Water" begins to go in. I am not partial to the Christian lyrics, yet I like this album very much. A couple of songs get in your face with it ("The Light on the Hill" and "Heal This Land," mainly), but just try and look past the lyrics, as I did. ("Heal This Land" became my second-favorite!) Many songs are sung in Gaelic anyway, like my personal favorite "Gra De."

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Time, Perfect Album..., March 11 2006
Joseph Hancock (Maple Creek, Saskatchewan Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfect Time (Audio CD)
This is the best album I've ever heard. Perfect Time is beyond perfect. Maire Brennan is possibly the greatest singer to ever walk the earth!

Perfect Time
Perfect Time by Maire Brennan (Audio CD - 1998)