5.0 out of 5 stars Flow that'll drop your jaw!
Published on Oct. 23 2003 by Trevor Campbell

3.0 out of 5 stars Big Del and Souls fan, but...
... really this album has some ups and downs. It has some standout tracks, such as You Never Know and At The Helm. Unfortunately many other tracks do not match this level of production or lyricism. I much prefer their new album, which features tighter ryhthms.
Published on Feb. 2 2004 by ML

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Flow that'll drop your jaw!, Oct. 23 2003
Trevor Campbell "Trevor" (Troy, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Third Eye Vision (Audio CD)
These guys are the smoothest hip hop artists I've ever heard. I discovered these guys a few years back watching a snowboarding video, it had the songs "you never knew" and "at the helm" and I got hooked. Now I'm not one to listen to hip hop normally...there are few people I will listen to, but these guys have so much flow it's addictive. I skateboard to this stuff, it really gets you in a rhythm. This whole cd is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hieroglyphics....Best Hip Hop Group everrr, June 22 2004
Done And Said. Hieroglyphics dont stop. Tru Hip Hop

5.0 out of 5 stars Hiero, May 14 2004
Kevin G. Pitchford (Augusta,Ga) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Third Eye Vision (Audio CD)
Hiero has been in the game since the early 90's. And I have loved del since "I wish my brother george was here" .
When I heard he was teaming up with Souls Of Mischief and Casual
I knew a classic album was in the making.
3rd eye vison is hip-hop in it's purest form. Just a bunch of guys
spitting lyrics. This is what hip-hop was like before
it was bottled up and manufactured for a mass audience.
Since I don't think we will ever get back to a point where they will play good hip-hop on Tv again. Thank God for independent labels like Hiero - Imperium.
I like every song on this album.
Especially One life one love and oakland blackouts.
This album is classic material. Go see these guys live if you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars F#$king tight ass hip hop, April 26 2004
Steve "Seventies" (Pacific Palisades, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Third Eye Vision (Audio CD)
The hieroglyphics crew out of oakland is f#$king tight and you can see that through this album. You can listen to pre Third Eye Vision albums such as 93 til infiniti and many of the albums by Del but none are as good as this family album. Del brought together the Souls, Casual, Pep Love, and of course himself into this album. This album is also much better than the other family album, Full Circle. Although Full Circle is good this is much better. If you are a hip hop enthusiast and even if you aren't you should still check out this album. Look for the new Tajai album, comes out april 27th, 2004, Power Movement

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk about great music..., April 17 2004
This review is from: Third Eye Vision (Audio CD)
As a fan of non-mainstream rap, this CD represents every thing I love about underground rap. Once I listened to this CD for a month, it was the only thing lying in my cd player. Top two rap groups I've ever heard next to Talib Kweli. Beats and lyrics are amazing. Some great songs are: You Never Knew, Oakland Blackouts, At the Helm, Off the Record, and many more. I would encourage anyone that is a fan of rap to listen to this EXTREMELY GREAT rap group. Nothing I can say to tell you how good it is without you listening to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars hip-hop supergroup, March 31 2004
Mr. Aaron H. Levine (tallahassee, florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Third Eye Vision (Audio CD)
that is what hiero is, in case you didn't know. this album is almost as breezy as the video for "you never knew", which features del and company running around on some tropical beach. each track is a treat because there could be any of 10 guys rapping. del's verses are rare, which makes them a treat. besides that, i don't think there is a wack verse on this whole cd. a who's who of reputable bay-area rappers. good for a sunny day.
"mr. del wouldn't tell you nuthin that ain't true"
yes del, i believe you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Big Del and Souls fan, but..., Feb. 2 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars True Hip Hop at its best, Nov. 8 2003
ryan traeger (Ft. Collins CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Third Eye Vision (Audio CD)
This is the best large group I've seen and heard since the Wu-Tang Clan. Every member has their own moment and they all shine on this great collection of tracks. With Domino producing, the beats are unlike anything I've ever heard. I was overwhelmed by their talent when I saw them live in concert a few weeks ago. Del, Pep Love, A-plus, and Opio are my personal favorites but they all have blessed talent. My favorite songs on Third Eye Vision are probably At the Helm, Oakland Blackouts, See Delight, Del, Opio, You Never Knew, After Dark, and why waste my time listing more tracks because they are all musically and lyrically brilliant. If you are sick of mainstream rappers and like underground hip hop, check this CD out. If you love this than get Soul's of Mischief's "93' til infinity", or the new Hieroglyphics album, "Full Circle".

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Review : Good and Bad , The Catch There is Liitle Bad, Oct. 24 2003
L. Fletcher (Georgia , ATL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Third Eye Vision (Audio CD)
Man , this is one of best cds probably every to come out especially in light of many other good cds that have come out in times since. This remains the truest hip-hop cd every to come out by a group execption would be (Wu-Tang's early work) ,but besides that this cd is sick , ill , and lyrically unmatched , truly unmatched by any other group. The engery on this cd is just masterful especially on the freestyles each memeber has. If you don't own this album then damn your missing the proof that hip-hop is still here.
Fav. Songs. - 'The Who' , 'You'll Never Know' , 'At the helm' ,
'No Nutz', 'Oakland Blackouts' , 'After Dark' and all of the other songs.
My only complaint was the production and the new hiero alblum "Full Circle"(10/7/2003) made up for that as far as production. Just masterful , inspiring , and unrivaled.

3.0 out of 5 stars Up and down, March 18 2003
G. A. Anderson "austintayeshus" (Reno, Nevada United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Third Eye Vision (Audio CD)
At times, this album is great, at others it's pretty boring. I know I'm in the minority here, but honestly, I've never thought very highly of this album. Don't get me wrong, it's good and a fun listen. But five stars? Not a chance.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xc15be030)

Third Eye Vision
Third Eye Vision by Hieroglyphics (Audio CD - 2004)