5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album of mainly original songs
Alabama's first Christmas album is a fairly mellow album overall, though the pace picks up occasionally. It avoids all the obvious songs, being filled almost entirely with original material. As far as I know, the only cover is Tennessee Christmas, a brilliant song written by Amy Grant, which has also been covered by several other singers.
The songs cover all aspects...
Published on Nov. 2 2003 by Peter Durward Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Country!!
All my favorite Alabama Christmas songs. A great addition to the seasonal library! Easy to listen to and not the standard old carols.
Published on July 2 2012 by Jackie G.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album of mainly original songs, Nov. 2 2003
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
The songs cover all aspects of Christmas. Joseph and Mary's boy caters for the religious aspect. Thistlehair the Christmas bear is a great song for children. Alabama always like to praise the southern states, so we not only get Tennessee Christmas but also Christmas in Dixie - another brilliant song. They are more reflective on songs such as Christmas memories and Candle in the window. Tonight is Christmas is a song of peace and goodwill.
With so many wonderful original songs, this is definitely of interest to Christmas music fans. I did not get excited about it on first play, but I like it more each time I play it. It's that kind of album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas as a child, Dec 9 2003
Lisa (Newport News, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
I am not that old but when I hear this cd I think of my Christmas' as a kid. We would listen to this album on Christmas Eve and sit and look at the tree in the candle light. I cant wait to pass this tradition on. I wasn't in the Christmas mood til I heard this cd. I bought one for me and my parents they no longer have their record player and I know they are going to be thrilled to see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A family Christmas tradition, Jan. 16 2012
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
A friend bought us the "Alabama Christmas" LP back in the mid 1980s, and although we don't listen to country music that much it quickly became a family favorite. Now we have it on CD. Our kids were raised with this music and we associate it with many beautiful "Christmas Memories." This soulful CD truly captures the spirit of the season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best EVER Christmas CD, Nov. 21 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
This cd is the absolute perfect cd to curl up on the couch with toasty blanket and a glass of wine or cup of hot chocolate and watch it snow. Spent some Christmas's in the south and it brings back beautiful memories of those times but living in Michigan now, the music still works to really put you in the holiday spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Title Says It All., Dec 17 2011
John Murray (Fredericton, NB, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
The personal and original nature of each song on this CD makes it the pinnacle of Christmas albums by popular artists...I'm not even a big country music fan, but the warmth of Randy Owen's voice makes him ideal for such a project. "Santa Claus (I Still Believe In You)" is the best unknown Christmas song ever written, and the album is filled with more songs that really should be Christmas classics - "Joseph and Mary's Boy", "Thistelhair the Christmas Bear", "Tonight is Christmas" and "Tennessee Christmas" are all as good as any Christmas song written in the past two generations. If you haven't heard this CD - get it. You will NOT be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars True meaning of Christmas, Dec 28 2009
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
This cd is amazing. It's full of songs about the true meaning of Christmas, and Christmas in the country. Everyone should listen to the song Thistlehair the Christmas Bear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Holiday Songs, Jan. 16 2012
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
I bought this album for my husband. I don't normally buy cds, but the song he wanted (Thistlehair the Christmas Bear) wasn't on itunes, so I found the album here. Love the cd! They aren`t the usual 10 or so Christmas songs you hear, which is nice. Thistlehair and Christmas in Dixie are probably my two favorites, but the whole album is worth listening to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas, Oct. 21 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Xmas (Audio CD)
I love the Christmas by Alabama so much that I have wore out the tape and I need to purchase a cd. Everything on that tape tells all.
The tape is a must have around the Christmas Holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Jan. 8 2014
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
I received my order as promised. My daughters where thrilled with their gift this cd has great Xmas memories and will continue to be a christmas tradition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this CD my oldest granddaughter used to dance to ..., Dec 5 2014
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
Love this CD my oldest granddaughter used to dance to Thistlebear when she was a little girl so it brings back wonderful memories to us

V1 Christmas
V1 Christmas by Alabama (Audio CD - 2000)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available