5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album of mainly original songs
Alabama's first Christmas album is a fairly mellow album overall, though the pace picks up occasionally. It avoids all the obvious songs, being filled almost entirely with original material. As far as I know, the only cover is Tennessee Christmas, a brilliant song written by Amy Grant, which has also been covered by several other singers.
The songs cover all aspects...
Published on Nov. 2 2003 by Peter Durward Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Country!!
All my favorite Alabama Christmas songs. A great addition to the seasonal library! Easy to listen to and not the standard old carols.
Published on July 2 2012 by Jackie G.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album of mainly original songs, Nov. 2 2003
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
The songs cover all aspects of Christmas. Joseph and Mary's boy caters for the religious aspect. Thistlehair the Christmas bear is a great song for children. Alabama always like to praise the southern states, so we not only get Tennessee Christmas but also Christmas in Dixie - another brilliant song. They are more reflective on songs such as Christmas memories and Candle in the window. Tonight is Christmas is a song of peace and goodwill.
With so many wonderful original songs, this is definitely of interest to Christmas music fans. I did not get excited about it on first play, but I like it more each time I play it. It's that kind of album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas as a child, Dec 9 2003
Lisa (Newport News, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
I am not that old but when I hear this cd I think of my Christmas' as a kid. We would listen to this album on Christmas Eve and sit and look at the tree in the candle light. I cant wait to pass this tradition on. I wasn't in the Christmas mood til I heard this cd. I bought one for me and my parents they no longer have their record player and I know they are going to be thrilled to see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best EVER Christmas CD, Nov. 21 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
This cd is the absolute perfect cd to curl up on the couch with toasty blanket and a glass of wine or cup of hot chocolate and watch it snow. Spent some Christmas's in the south and it brings back beautiful memories of those times but living in Michigan now, the music still works to really put you in the holiday spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A family Christmas tradition, Jan. 16 2012
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
A friend bought us the "Alabama Christmas" LP back in the mid 1980s, and although we don't listen to country music that much it quickly became a family favorite. Now we have it on CD. Our kids were raised with this music and we associate it with many beautiful "Christmas Memories." This soulful CD truly captures the spirit of the season.

5.0 out of 5 stars True meaning of Christmas, Dec 28 2009
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
This cd is amazing. It's full of songs about the true meaning of Christmas, and Christmas in the country. Everyone should listen to the song Thistlehair the Christmas Bear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Jan. 8 2014
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
I received my order as promised. My daughters where thrilled with their gift this cd has great Xmas memories and will continue to be a christmas tradition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Jan. 5 2014
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
Love this cd! I grew up listening to it on cassette. I am so happy to have my own on cd now. It has so many great songs that I love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 7 2013
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
I had looked for this CD a long time and finally found it here, it is my favorite Christmas CD. Oh and PS you had a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Christmas album ever!!, Jan. 25 2013
This review is from: V1 Christmas (Audio CD)
Best Christmas album off all time. Takes me back to when I was a child; that must be why I love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Country!!, July 2 2012

V1 Christmas
V1 Christmas by Alabama (Audio CD - 2000)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available