5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Mike Must'!
Published on March 20 2004 by Akali

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame
I would be ashamed to put such a weak effort on tape. If you like Mike Oldfield playing guitars, don't buy this. If you like Tubular bells, Omadawn, Amarock, you should not buy this pop-celtic for little old lady's album
Published 12 months ago by Jean-francois Champoux

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Mike Must'!, March 20 2004
Akali (Westfield, Massachusetts USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Voyager (Audio CD)
VOYAGER IS A MASTERPIECE born of musical genius. Rarely will you find an album that just gets better, and better, and better... the first time I gave Voyager a listen, I realized half way through that Mike had created something very special here. Voyager continues to sound as good, or better, to my ears every time I listen to it... and I've been playing Voyager for years. Over and over...
Particularly outstanding are "The Song of the Sun", "Voyager", "Celtic Rain", "Dark Island", "Women of Ireland"(Super Seductive!) and ... get the picture? It's great from beginning to end! The pieces never fail to elicit a powerful emotional response.
I often play this album for friends, dates, etc., and most comment on the mystical, dream-like quality of the music, as well as it's seductive power!
If you've never bought any of Mike Oldfield's music, Voyager is the perfect place to start -- but be forewarned, you might very well feel compelled by an irresistable force -- to aquire all of Mike's music.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Oldfield album of the 90's, Sept. 22 2003
B. W. Wilson "Rocker since birth" (Boylston,Nova Scotia,Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Voyager (Audio CD)
Ok, I know that this album is not all original material, but Mike really touched gold with his remakes of some of these timeless celtic classics. High points (well, to me, it's all high points) are "Women of Ireland", "Flowers of the Forest" and "The Voyager". This is one of my top 3 favorite Mike albums, and I pretty much have them all on CD. If you were disapointed in "Guitars" and the "the Milennium Bell", pick this album up to get you back to normal. My 3 month old son loves it, (puts him to sleep) and my wife and I had one of our most romantic weekends with the cd in the background..you can't lose with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame, Sept. 1 2013

Voyager
Voyager by Mike Oldfield (Audio CD - 1996)