5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this CD!
Have been playing this CD on a regular basis since I bought it. "Amazing" from start to finish. Anxiously awaiting his sophmore effort.
Published on March 23 2004 by alexa morgan

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good
While the lyrics imply that he has taken on some of his fathers pain, it appears that he has all the emotions to be a great songwriter. You will find yourself searching for the words. His voice is nothing like his fathers, however it is soft and strong - very pleasant to listen to. I'd say Adam is on his way to much success.
Published on Jan. 5 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, Jan. 5 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this CD!, March 23 2004
alexa morgan (Framingham, MA USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars The Son Also Rises, Feb. 1 2000
This review is from: Adam Cohen (Audio CD)
Adam Cohen is a fortuante man with a heavy burden on his shoulders. He is fortunate because everyday he can watch himself in the mirror and say to himself "Your father is Leonard Cohen". But he has also decided to follow his father's footsteps and that's not easy not now or say a hundred years from now! This freshman album succeeds admirably. The songs are intelligent and some thinking has been put into the lyrics. My wish is that he'd continue to write (and next time around alone)and experience life and write based on his experiences and not what the top 40 Radio wants to hear! I was fortunate to see him perform live and meet him in person. I had the decency not to ask him about his father bacause that was his night. He is one of the sweetest guys I have ever met. I know he will do even better in the coming years.

5.0 out of 5 stars good song writing makes a comeback with adam cohen's cd, Jan. 22 2000
Ron Johnson (Fleetwood, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adam Cohen (Audio CD)
This Adam Cohen CD is uncompromisingly good. I hope Adam has more in store for music lovers like me. A friend gave me the CD, but i hesitated to play it because, hearing Adam's music for the first time, I thought it would be commercial and shallow much like a lot of music I hear today. I buy very few new releases fearing the new releases won't compare to the rock I love from the late '60s and early to mid '70's when artists had something to say about the turbulence of the times. Adam Cohen surprised me. Listening to the CD over and over, he continues to surprise me. He's good. Very good. Don't take this the wrong way Adam, but I hope you don't become a big star. If you do, please don't sell out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, May 19 1999
This review is from: Adam Cohen (Audio CD)
I bought this CD after seeing the wonderful video of "Tell me everything" and I was pleasantly surprised. Adam is a very intelligent, very talented artist and I love the CD. He has got a gorgeous voice. I do think it is unfair that he is judged by who his father is, but I will say that he very much takes after his father. Adam is just a terrific artist and I hope to hear more from him in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Catchy! A rising Star!, May 6 1999
This review is from: Adam Cohen (Audio CD)
Adam not only has a great voice but his songs are believable. His lyrics are intersting and really tell some great stories. His beautiful smile is also out of this world! I think and hope we will be seeing and hearing alot more of Adam cohen.
Robyn

3.0 out of 5 stars This CD is hazy like it's been awhile, March 29 2005
This review is from: Adam Cohen (Audio CD)
My older sister bought this CD originally as it had came out in late 1998 while I was still in high school. Tell Me Everything is dynamic as it was punchy and still is as it was back then. Him and his backup group have scored another hit on their hands called Eleanor under the moniker Low Millions. Their release is called Ex-Girlfriends. To my surprise, that is another puppy to pick up if you can find it in your music store 'cause that is the sophomore release for early 2005. It has the same meaning like this one but with a backup group and not his own.
Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Genes will out...even if it takes awhile., July 30 2002
Elaine Bergstrom (Milwaukee, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adam Cohen (Audio CD)
I admit that I am a huge fan of Adam's daddy, and that I discovered Adam via the Leonard Cohen home page. As a writer, to me the lyrics are everything, so I bought the CD at a place where I could preview the cuts and make certain I could understand the words. First play didn't impress. Though it is engineered beautifully, it was too pop for my taste. On later plays, the soul hidden beneath the rhythms grew on me. It's now one of my favorites for long drives. In one respect, he is far too much like his father. Adam, how long do we have to wait for CD #2?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good debut, June 1 2001
This review is from: Adam Cohen (Audio CD)
A promising debut, and I think it's about time he releases another album. One thing I don't understand though, is why some people bought this album just because they are fans of his father. This is not Leonard, this is Adam, and he does not try to copy his father in any way. He has his own style of singing and songwriting that is more than able to stand on its own merits. Every song on here is good, although I must admit I am not too keen on "Quarterback". I think it's a bit too angry and crude, but that aside, this album is certainly worth having. the 12 page booklet includes all lyrics.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best artisits in decades, Jan. 14 2001
"kendoll" (salt lake city , utah) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adam Cohen (Audio CD)
this album has so much heart and soul. you feel all of his pain, and all of his joy. he takes you from childhood to adulthood, with memories good and bad. i must say, why is he not on a grammy list? it is hard to believe it. after listening to adam, then seeing eminem get a nomiation, well need i say more. there is no comparison in talent. this is an album you can listen to over and over again, and get different emotions coming up everytime. i think everyone should own a copy. we all have madonna's emmaculate collection, now we all need adam cohen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa8bebe1c)

Adam Cohen
Adam Cohen by Adam Cohen (Audio CD - 1998)