Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:$234.68+ $3.49 shipping

on June 21, 2016
Such a great collection of some hard to find tunes. Couple of stinkers but 90% great stuff.
on December 15, 2015
A great collection of 60s' rareties. I had this in vinyl and finally got around to the CD format. If you love 60s' psychedelia, it's a must-have. Several pop/hit parade pieces on it, but others what never got much (if any) air play so you get to hear songs that weren't chart toppers. And a few garage bands. Some great songs I remember fondly, although I wish they had included at least one piece by the West Coast pop Art Experimental Band.
on December 3, 2015
There's nothing like the sixties
on February 21, 2015
Product description is lacking. Like album but was anticipating more.
on November 25, 2013
Great 60's songs not exactly gold nuggets great songs by the original artists but well worth the money for this cd
on April 17, 2010
I have never written a review about any item I have purchased before, but I just received my Nuggets box set and I LOVE it! You get four CDs of great music, a fantastic booklet with artwork, photos and information about each track, and a beautiful box to hold it all. I have been a fan of the psychedelic era since the 60s, so I already new a lot of these songs (my favorite being Psychotic Reaction by The Count Five), but I have now discovered some great songs that I hadn't heard before like Primitive by The Groupies and The Mojo Men's She's My Baby. Yes, I know there are a few obvious omissions, but there is enough great music here to keep you dancing all day long. I put off buying this box set for years, because of the price, but it honestly is worth every penny. If you're a fan of this music, buy Nuggets! It is a PERFECT box set.
on August 2, 2005
This is the 60's rock I loved the most.Many of the songs I had forgoten the titles and or artist.This box set saves you a lot of time and energy to find all this material. I lived in the Detroit area where these songs played the air waves of the 60's to early 70's but very few are heard on radio any more, even on the so called oldies station's. The same narrow selection of songs are played over and over mostly the big hits and artist get played. Some of my fav. on this box set are Dirty Water,Night Time, Oh yeah,Farmer John,Little Girl,Beg Borrow & Steal,She's About a Mover,Little O'Soul,She's my Baby,Open up Your Door,Just Like Me,Hold me Down,Loves gone Bad,Black out Grety,There is enough music here to make two very solid cd's for the car for those hot summertime drives.
on June 30, 2004
This is possibly the greatest collection that Rhino has ever come up with. I had the original three Nuggets releases that Rhino did in the late 80's/early 90's and they were among my favorites in my early cd buying years. This set eclipses my discs, and adds so much that the extra money spent isn't difficult to think of as an investment. I've found that my favorite songs were mostly from the original three discs;
Lies - The Knickerbockers
Public Execution - Mouse & the Traps
Psychotic Reaction - The Count Five
Let's Talk About Girls - The Chocolate Watchband
Open My Eyes - The Nazz
Incense and Peppermints - Strawberry Alarm Clock
Can't Seem to Make You Mine - The Seeds
Live - The Merry-Go-Round
I've also found some new favorites through listening to this set;
Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love) - The Swingin' Medallions
It's Cold Outside - The Choir
Put the Clock Back on the Wall - The E-Types
What Am I Going Do - The Dovers
7 and 7 Is - Love
Don't get me wrong, these aren't the only great songs in this collection, just my favorites off the top of my head after a quick look through the list. This is a fascinating collection that gives a look at the songs that were regiional hits around the country, but occasionally also made little noise on a national scale. For a box set it's among the best money I ever spent.
on June 12, 2004
Collecting the complete Lenny Kaye NUGGETS double-LP set that has gone down in the history books and adding 3 more CD's chockful of garage/punk/psychedelic classics you've never heard of, the NUGGETS boxed set is better than essential. It's QUINTESSENTIAL, the end-all meet-all of all 60s garage compilations.
Hardcore collectors will champion the PEBBLES and BACK TO THE GRAVE series as a better representation of the genre by unearthing rarer than rare singles, but the NUGGETS set is far more accessible and covers everything from Beatles-wannabes to guitar-slammin' pre-punk to trippy folk-rock to rhythmic vocal showcases. I won't bother pointing out all the highlights, as each disc is a non-stop smorgasbord of excellent music. Only a handful of songs could have easily been left out ("Louie Louie" by The Kingsmen and "Wooly Bully" by Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs are a little too obvious, and "At the River's Edge" by The New Colony Six is awful), and if the music wasn't enough, you get a thoroughly researched book packed with essays and track-by-track history on each song, including personnel and record info!
If you don't have this one yet, what are you waiting for?! Shame on you for hesitating this long!!
on May 23, 2004
The original Nuggets double album is THE most influencial rock album in history.It has been lovingly recreated on the first disc of this set. If anything, the other discs are even stronger.The artwork and historical care that has gone into the info book in this package sets the standard for all who shall follow.If you are a young person who has drifted towards classic rock because of how bad the current scene is, this will demonstrate to you just how correct you are.You will still be listening to this set when you are eighty years old.Knock Knock by the Humane Society and Primitive by the Groupies are almost worth the price by themselves.And let us not forget the Voices Green and Purple.
Some of these were hits. And some of these go to auction when the originals are sold among collectors. It is a nice mix between the two.
As with everything however, this set is not perfect. The info booklet has an incredibly fragile binding and it will come apart on you in short order if you are not aware of it.Rhino should of hard bound it like a owners manual for a car.A small oversight that in no way diminishes that the fact that you MUST own this if you have any interest in Rock's history.