5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Live Albums Of All Times
Published on Sept. 21 2009 by Stephen Bieth

2.0 out of 5 stars NO HD DOWNLOAD Made In Japan (Limited Edition Deluxe)
Like many others (see amazon.com) who bought 'Made In Japan (Limited Edition Deluxe)' I didn't find in the box set the HD download card advertised as such on Amazon and others website and on the box set itself. This was an incitative for me to buy this box set and I did pay fo that. Another high price misfit product from records companies.

Update: heres is...
Published 1 month ago by Johnny D.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Live Albums Of All Times, Sept. 21 2009
Stephen Bieth (Mississauga/ Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Made in Japan (Audio CD)
Found this two LP set in my older Sister's record collection when i was in high school. All i ever put on was "Smoke On The Water" until i was home sick one day and board out of my mind. I put side one on and only moved to fip the record. I was blown away. This is by far the best Deep Purple line up and they were on tour for "Machine Head" their best studio album. This CD has now expanded the original double LP to include the full set. It was recorded over a few nights but the sound is perfect all the way thru. Ian Gillan voice is at it's best, Blackmore and Lord's playing is as good as ANYBODY playing at that time and it's all locked in by the rythem section of Glover and Pace. The best thing about this live CD is it's a live CD. There are no overdubs and no studio upgrades.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest live ROCK album?, Dec 28 2003
A. CAMPBELL "Tony" (Montreal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Made in Japan (Audio CD)
I think so. The new Led Zep dosent come close.Music wise I would say Zep have the edge, because they wrote more classics, but recording quality, not on the same planet. Who ever produced this was well ahead of the game. You just dont get live recordings like this, when the band,venue and producer were there for a one off piece of rock history. My comments are based on the gold dcc version, which I only have a copy off now. Lets have it reissued on SACD with somebody like Bob Ludwig from Gateway Mastering doing the transfer.That is the only way this can be betterd.Music this gets 92% and recording 90%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally - All the songs from the shows, June 20 2014
Gary Poronovich "Gary" (Canada) - See all my reviews
Ok - let`s be clear - this is not only the best live album ever but it is the perfect live album. It captures Deep Purple not only as godfathers of rock but a force to be reckoned with and a force that would ultimately prove that their talent is beyond mere human!
The recording is magical. It has a clarity not found in any live recordings and this harkens back to the 72-73 era. The extras, the booklet, the 45 reproduction the DVD, are all neat but it`s the shows them selves are the real worth. The collection includes all the "missing" encores that have been scattered about through other releases. Is it worth the cash out lay? For me , yes! The packaging is a record album sized box that recaptured the feeling of holding the original Made in Japan all those years ago. Glorious!
Get it

5.0 out of 5 stars Masters of Rock, May 28 2012
Richard T. Daoud "Richard D." (Toronto-Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Made in Japan (Vinyl) (LP Record)
I always felt that if you want to know and feel Rock music, you only have to listen to Deep Purple, the Masters of Rock, I have this on CD and love it, but listening to it on Vinyl, holding the cover and watching the record spin as I listen to the thunderous sound of these guys, you can feel trhe power of Rock like no other, the album is well made, the cover is hard board, the sleeves double covered and the records are heavy, and the sound when you play it loud, it's like you're there at the concert, love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blackmore, Feb. 22 2007
This review is from: Made in Japan (Audio CD)
OK, the entire album generally is smashing. The only problem I have with Made In Japan is Ritchie Blackmore's solo in Child In Time. When he plays it live, it always seems to me that he's holding back his true talent. He let it all go in the studio version. But the rest of the album is fantastic, Deep Purple rocks!

2.0 out of 5 stars NO HD DOWNLOAD Made In Japan (Limited Edition Deluxe), June 5 2014
Johnny D. (Trois-Rivières Québec.) - See all my reviews

Update: heres is the amazon.ca answer after having a complain (not the same as amazon.com):
I completely understand your concern regarding this issue. Upon checking our website, I see that there is no "HD download card" provided with the item. Since "HD download card" is not mentioned in our website, we're not able to send it.
This download card of the item is currently not available in Amazon.ca website. Therefore, we're unable to send the card. I hope you understand our limitations in this regard.

Update2: After 2-3 emails, Amazon propose me a 40 % reduction of the price. That allows me the order the pure audio fidelity HD tracks (original 1972 playlist. Customer service was prompt and understanding. Rhino and company are the faulty people for this mess and are not assuming their responsability. Shame Rhino.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!, June 11 2013
This review is from: Made in Japan (Audio CD)
One of the greatest live albums ever recorded and shoe the Deep in great form.
This is one hot album!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 15 2014
This review is from: Made In Japan (2 CD) (Audio CD)
It's purple. What can I say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Live Album Ever?, Jan. 26 2004
Roy Haarstad (Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Made in Japan (Audio CD)
Yes, it is!!! If you are going to buy just one live record, ever, this is the one you should buy! It's impossible to write anything negative about this album- JUST BUY IT!!!
And, yes, Deep Purple are still out there doing their thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Musically and technically inspired, Nov. 13 2003
John (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Made in Japan (Audio CD)
I just finished listening to Highway Star and had to write. This is one of the greatest recordings of the one of the greatest rock songs played by one of the greatest bands I have ever heard. Perhaps the greatest. Deep Purple had the perfect rock intonation, phrasing, tone, and dynamics that one expects from a band (they performed from 1969 to 1973), but their musical intelligence, their sense of abandon, and their intense and continuous concentration was extraordinary. I listened to the great Child In Time with tears running down my cheeks, I don't remember that happening since a performance by the Moody Blues many years ago. The recording is technically perfect, clean and clear with appropriate channel separation. It sounds like the mix was done by a musical and technical expert. I can not believe this band is NOT in the rock and roll hall of fame?!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Made in Japan
Made in Japan by Deep Purple (Audio CD - 2012)