5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Excellent produit reçu dans les délais et en bon état.
Published 19 days ago by amateur

1.0 out of 5 stars did not know that I couldn't watch it on my TV
I was surprised when it didn't play. I had know idea that I was suppose to look for DVDs that are played only in like China and the UK. So in Canada it didn't play on my DVD. So far I haven't sent it back because I didn't keep the bill, thinking that I could play it. I have ordered another one that I can play here and I know I will love it. It was a really bad...
Published 4 months ago by Carol Coates

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Man vs Mouse, April 22 2004
Joshua Koppel (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Last week, thanks once again to the wonderful Patio theater located on Irving Park at Austin, I caught a delightful fantasy film. It was the Dreamworks production Mouse Hunt.
Two brothers inherit the family string business (Smuntz String) and a run-down old house. Neither is worth anything. Or so it seems at first. The house was designed by an eccentric architect named LaRue and was believed to be only a rumor. Suddenly the house is worth millions. Instead of selling outright, the brothers decide to hold an auction to get a better price. But to reach that point they need to do some restoration and get rid of a very determined mouse.
There are then some scenes of the brothers trying to outwit a mouse that could outwit Einstein. Finally they think they have sent the mouse to Castro and the auction begins. As the price reaches unheard of levels the mouse returns. The brothers are so distraught that they bring about their own ruin and destroy the house. Having nowhere else to go they return to the old string factory. The mouse follows.
Once in the factory the mouse shows some more of its intelligence by starting up the factory line and adding Gouda to the mix. The result is a new form of string cheese that becomes the rage with the mouse hired on as head taster.
This movie is truly hilarious. The mouse is great. I believe the mouse is near immortal as well as a genius. I believe this because there is a tendency for owners of the LaRue house to be found locked in a trunk in the attic. We know for a fact that the mouse defeated Christopher Walken (playing the strangest exterminator you have ever seen) and managed to get him from in front of the house into a trunk in the attic. It is even possible that the mouse was responsible for the architect going mad. Whatever the case, this movie is really worth seeing. If you can not find it in a second-run theater, look for it when it comes out on video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, I really enjoyed it !!!, March 19 2004
It's the type of movie, you can watch
repeatedly, and enjoy it every time.
It's a must have in anyone's dvd collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, I really enjoyed it !!!, March 19 2004
By A Customer
Great movie, I really enjoyed it !!!
It's the type of movie, you can watch
repeatedly, and enjoy it every time.
It's a must have in anyone's dvd collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny But Not Particularly Memorable, Feb. 18 2004
This review is from: Mousehunt (VHS Tape)
As I write this, the average rating for MOUSE HUNT is 3-1/2 stars, which strikes me as a pretty fair evaluation. The movie is funny, and the chemistry between Nathan Lane and Lee Evans is good. In fact, the performances are generally good. Walken is hilarious as the overly intense exterminator. Even the mouse is great. Beyond that, though, the broad slapstick humor is rather predictable and gets somewhat repetitive by the end. Also, for a movie that would appeal to kids, there are a couple of sexually oriented bits that are just a little too much (i.e. Vicki Lewis in a sexy outfit and Lane with his hand way down the front of a woman's dress).
If some unsubtle laughs fit the bill, MOUSE HUNT isn't a bad choice. It's funny enough that most folks will get some chuckles out of it. I have a copy on my shelf and can give it a mild endorsement. Just don't expect too much. It's not going to show up on any list of classic comedies. I'm giving it three stars. That's a strong three, but I can't quite justify four.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slapstick entertainment from start to finish!, Dec 29 2003
I really enjoyed watching this film and thought the combination of Nathan Lane and Lee Evans was brilliant. Only hope they make aonther film together!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, Nov. 2 2003
C. J. Pietras (newport, nh United States) - See all my reviews
Some of you people below need to lighten up, it's a movie, and a very well acted one at that.
I am so sick of political correctness I could throw up!
Do you think this will want to make people hurt the animals in they're lives?
Come on, it's funny, rent/buy it.
Of course unless you are offended by humour that involves animals.
cp

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, Oct. 23 2003
Jim Warnke (West Palm Beach, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mousehunt (VHS Tape)
Although you'd think this is a children's movie, it's much funnier. Ernie (a realistic/pessimistic cook who's teetering on the line between polite buisnessman and used car salesman) and Lars Smuntz (clumsy, try-to-be-nice guy with occasional psychotic outbursts) inherit an old string factory and run-down house from their dead father. When both of them are cast out of society (the mayor eats part of a cockroach at Ernie's restaurant and Lars' wife throws him out of the house) they head to their only home: the creepy house their string-obsessed dad left them. When they found out it's actually the missing link in a famous architect's designs, it turns out to be worth over a milllion $. But the house's resident, an intelligent mouse who has kept intruders out of his house for the longest time, begins a chain of laugh-out-loud catastrophic events and outsmarts the brothers, a cat, and even an exterminator (a weird performance by Christopher Walken.) You will like this movie. It's smart, the acting is great, the physical comedy is funny, and I like the little theme music the composer did for this movie. Wonderful film.

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE FUNNIEST MOVIES EVER MADE!!, Oct. 20 2003
Tim Mullins (Cairo, WV United States) - See all my reviews
I am glad I didn't see this movie in the theater. I would have been CARRIED OUT IN A STRAIGHT JACKET!!!! I was laughing so hard watching this movie I almost passed out! My kids started laughing at me as much as the movie!! If you are depressed, watch this movie. If you are not crying while laughing like a hyenia by the end, you are in ba-a-a-ad shape!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, Aug. 16 2003
By A Customer
This movie is grotesque and cruel. The movie is incredibly mean. (i have a soft spot for animals.) Watching a coffin fall into a sewer, look at a man throw up a cockroach, and see a sewer system explode in people's faces is not my kind of movie. I used to cry every time the Alperts commercial (the one with the old man and the bed folding up on him) came on, so im suprised i didn't throw a fit when i saw this movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mouse Hunt Movie Review, May 15 2003
Artistic Value: B
Entertainment Value: A
Interest Level: A-
Production Value: A
Mouse Hunt, one of the most hilarious movies that DreamWorks produced in 1997 is just fantastic! After Peacemaker (1997), DreamWorks produced another children's movie, this time with a mouse. Even though this movie did not get huge attention like Cinderella or any of the Disney movies, it sure did capture not only the children, but also the adults' attention. It gives children laughter and happiness.
Two greedy brothers, Ernie (Nathan Lane) and Lars Smuntz (Lee Evans) inherit the string factory and a house, which is worth ten million dollars from their father (William Hickey). Two brothers try to sell this old and scary house for money, but there is an obstacle; a tiny mouse. With the tiny mouse, who is afraid of losing his house, and these two brothers, who think this mouse would reduce the value of the house, they get into big chaos which leaves a big mess at the end.
The story gets intense and hilarious via the effect of the shots and different media. The mouse, which has been shot with CGI, looks pretty realistic and gives extra comedy to it. The setting of the house and its effect permeates the mood to this movie. The sounding of the thunder and lightening, shouting, and all sorts of sounds add to the great amount of intensity. The destruction of the house, also shot with CGI, is great! My heart almost fell down as this gigantic house fell down!
Ernie, acted by Nathan Lane, is great fun both physically as a character of his own. Ernie is the oldest son of the two, and he is greedy and blinded by money. In other hand, Lars, played by Lee Evans is skinny with a very heart warming character. These two opposite characters bring out the conflicts and humorous events that make the story more amusing. The mouse, one of the cleverest characters in this movie, has created lots of brilliant ideas to prevent him from losing his house. They are all very fantastic!
This movie can be entertaining to everyone, including adults. Even though it is rated as PG, some scenes aren't proper for young children. There is a part where Lars's wife suddenly takes off her clothes. Also, some of the black jokes are inappropriate. The way they fight and joke might overwhelm some of the young children. It is likely that youngsters may also follow some of the inappropriate scenes in their daily lives. Mostly, it is very entertaining and everybody should see it!
For this movie, I can rate its overall grade as A-. Even though there are some parts which could have been improved, I think it is an excellent movie which puts a smile and laughter in everyone's mind. I strongly recommend this movie to anybody in any age. Why won't you follow me and adventure into this hilarious world?

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Mousehunt
Mousehunt by Gore Verbinski (VHS Tape - 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 15.31