5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite movie soundtracks of all-time.
Published on Aug. 4 2007 by Vader

3.0 out of 5 stars good but incomplete
This CD is good, but it's incomplete. It contains all of the rock songs, but it is missing alot of Vince DiCola's instrumental tunes (Unicron's theme is missing!)
This CD was released in the 80's, the days when vinyl records were still sold, and recordings of sondtracks and albums had a limited amount of space to record on an album; so there are a not as many...
Published on Jan. 29 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite movie soundtracks of all-time., Aug. 4 2007
This review is from: The Transformers - The Movie - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Audio CD)
My favorite song on this album is the under-rated and underappreciate, The Touch from Stan Bush. I remember the first time I heard this song in 1986 when the movie opened. I can actually see Optimus Prime transform after getting off the space ship and say the words "Megatron must be stopped". The Touch is one song that stirs my emotions. I just listened to the song and it actually bought tears to my eyes. I've always been sentimental and that song, The Touch is sentimental. I remember the battle scene when Megatron transforms on the Autobots shuttle and starts to destroy some of my favorite autobots like Iron Hide, Ratchet, Prowl and others. Dare is one song when Daniel and Hot Rod are having fun near Autobot city- not aware of the trouble that was heading their way.

One of the most powerful soundtracks that is under-rated and under-appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE!!, Nov. 30 2006
Jason Walsh (Cambridge, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
IF YOU ARE A DIE HARD TRANSFORMERS FAN, LIKE I AM THIS IS A MUST HAVE CD. THE SONGS ARE AWESOME! YOU CAN SEE THE MOVIE PLAYING OUT IN YOUR HEAD WHILE YOU LISTEN TO THE TOONS. GREAT FOR THE DRIVE TO WORK OR ANYWHERE. GET IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great pop rock/metal soundtrack, though not perfect, June 8 2004
Transformers: The Movie Soundtrack(1986). Music taken from the Transformers motion picture movie.
If you were a kid of the 80s like me, you'd have to be living under a rock in a far distant land not to at least know what the Transformers phenomenon was. And that's exactly what it was, A PHENOMENON. Transformers were to the mid-80s what Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were to the early 90s and Pokemon to the late 90s: a kid's dream come true. There was the great cartoon that started the whole craze, but kids remembered Transformers the most by the impressive line of toys. I had quite a few of them, and so did most every kid I knew. The franchise slowed down a bit towards the mid 90s, but as far as I know, they are still making Transformers cartoons today.
Of course, at the height of Transformers' popularity came a full-length big-screen movie, which was excellent for its time, though it also caused the series to take a slight downturn due to the scene where Optimus Prime dies (ALL fans can agree that this greatly changed the series). But one aspect that made the movie so memorable was its outstanding music soundtrack. Armed with a score that was created by Vince DiCola (also worked on Rocky IV) and a slew of pop rock and pop metal songs by various people, the Transformers movie soundtrack ended up being an outstanding movie soundtrack that often goes overlooked in the context of soundtracks from the period. Here's an analysis of the tracks:
Tracks 1 & 4 are both Stan Bush songs. 'The Touch' is a good opener, while 'Dare' is more of an uplifting power pop song with an infectious chorus (but then again, has Stan Bush ever made a song that isn't catchy?). Both are pretty good pop songs. 'Instruments Of Destruction' is a sinister pop metal song performed by N.R.G. Never heard of these guys, but they sounded pretty good for the time, and it's too bad that they never took off. My favorite tracks are the two by a band called "Spectre General" (the actual name of this canadian band is Kick Axe, though for some reason their name was changed on here even though the band never agreed to it! Strange.) 'Nothin's Gonna Stand In Our Way' is a pounding rocker, and 'Hunger' is probably one of Kick Axe's best anthemic headbanger songs, despite the fact that it was never released on any of their albums. Then there's 3 cool Vince DiCola instrumentals taken from different scenes of the movie. 'Autobot/Decepticon Battle' and 'Escape' are both very fast-paced and energetic, while 'Death Of Optimus Prime' is melancholic and sad (just like it's supposed to be). After that is the awesome version of the Transformer's title theme performed by a band called Lion (I'm not sure if they're supposed to be an early incarnation of the band White Lion or not, it's hard to tell). However, the most bizzaire surprise on the soundtrack is the very last song called 'Dare To Be Stupid' performed by none other than Weird Al Yankovich! It's a hilarious and awesome parody of Devo's 'Dare To Be Different'. It's not something you'd expect to hear, but somehow it fits.
In the end, the Transformers Movie soundtrack is well put together, and serves as an excellent platter of good pop rock and pop metal songs to anyone who remembers them. My only complaint, besides the Kick Axe moniker "Spectre General", and the reason why I only gave it 4 stars is because there were several instrumental pieces in the movie that aren't present, especially the 'Unicron Theme'. Still, you can't go wrong with this soundtrack, and it's highly recommended to all fans of the movie.
Other similar soundtracks:
-Robotech Perfect Soundtrack Album
-Rocky IV Movie Soundtrack
-Top Gun movie Soundtrack
-Project A-Ko Original Soundtrack
Also, if you liked the two "Spectre General" songs, you'll also like:
-'Vices' by Kick Axe
-'Welcome To The Club' by Kick Axe

4.0 out of 5 stars Brings back great memories., Jan. 30 2004
By A Customer
This isn't really a review but a critique of mr_bigshot for his "What is this?," February 18, 2003 review.
It's called nostalgia bigshot, plain and simple.
Some of the tracks are a cheesy, but what do you expect from a soundtrack album for a children's cartoon from the 80's.
I enjoy listening to it and so do many others. And as for you ever so insightful observation, and I quote "Mark Wahlberg performed it in Boogie Nights as a mockery". I don't think you're right. The producers of the film wanted to include what helped to define the 80's. Whether you like it or not, the Transformers are a big part of that. So the next time you feel like expressing your opinion is such a pitiful way, don't.
You just end up making yourself look like the joke and we're all laughing at you.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, Aug. 22 2003
L. Zimmerman "Burning Angel" (Nebraska) - See all my reviews
this soundtrack takes me back to when i was about 7 i can't tell u how many times i saw this movie. the soundtrack rocks. If u consider yourself a fan of the transformers or love the movie u owe it to yourself to get this cd u won't be sorry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, Aug. 10 2003
Soujiro Seta "skillionare" ('Frisco in da house, 415) - See all my reviews
C'mon! It's Transformers!!
And who cannot love a soundtrack that includes "Dirk Diggler?"
Seriously though "Dare" is a good "driving" song and brings back memories of the Hot Rod and Daniel scene.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite CD EVER!!!!!, June 10 2003
Bad Mr Frosty (Fort Frosty, Alaska) - See all my reviews
This cd is so stinkin' awesome!! What really stinks though is there are a whole mess of tracks from Vince DiCola that never made onto the cd, such as the awesome Unicron's Theme. I luckly found mp3's of almost all of them including 2 different remixes of Unicrons Theme.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best soundtracks, May 18 2003
Kevin Kim (Gold River, CA United States) - See all my reviews
You need to watch the movie before listening to the soundtrack. The music is clear and it brings the movie back to mind. I definitely recommend this soundtrack to all transformer fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music makes the movie, April 30 2003
I saw the movie back in '86 and I must say that music definitely makes the movie!!! AND THIS MOVIE KICKED BUTT!!! I was a real big TF fan back then, and still love them to this day-- a Megatron figure sits on my desk next to the CPU.(It keeps you young) The metal/rock soundtrack was awesome and Vince DiCola's instrumentals are off the chain!!! Autobot/Decepticon battle puts you right in the heart of the conflict with so much energy in the music and lots of feeling!!!I had the soundtrack before I saw the movie, which gave away one of the cliffhangers--but I still love the music and the movie. Lion's rendition of the title theme gives the TF theme a fresh new--something different from the TV show. It's a must have for TF fans--just wish it had Unicron's theme and other orchestrations...still, it ROCKS!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for "The Movie" lovers, March 27 2003
By A Customer
Of corse this is a Soundtrack of a movie and not an 80's Pop/Rock collection. Some people reviewed this CD, after listening to some samples, and said that this CD is the worst the 80's had to offer. Well, Soundtracks are for those people who watched the movie and liked the music!! So am I. We have the year 2003, I am a big TF fan since about 1985 and watched The Movie two years ago for the first time!! I love the music and so I'm going to buy this CD, even now!! I'm so glad it is still in print...

ARRAY(0xc4f252ac)