summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Tools Family

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on January 13, 2002
The Transformers the Movie Soundtrack is something i purchased back in 1992. I now have it on CD because i played my tape so many times that it began to warp. Stan Bush, Spectre General ( now Kick Axe ), NRG, and Lion, as well as the instrumentals by Vince DiCola are outstanding! Back in the hey-day of Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, and Ratt, the record companies wanted to continue the success of metal bands by signing anyone who had a guitar and long hair. Most of those bands had no talent, but the record companies did not care as long as they generated money.
Well, some unrealized " INCREDIBLE " artists with something to say, are Stan Bush, Kick Axe, NRG, and Lion! Artists who blow away the competition!!! These artists have been overlooked for much too long!!! For years i searched for more music from those mentioned artists, but with no find. After now using the internet, i've found several albums of Stan Bush and Kick Axe. They are highly talented who are underestimated. I will go so far to say in my opinion, that the Transformers the Movie Soundtrack is perfect! " The Touch ", " Dare ", " Nothin's Gonna Stand in our Way ", and " Hunger " are truly awesome songs that greatly inspire! I urge you to pick this soundtrack up, and i assure you that you will NEVER regret it! And if you think this album is that great, you should pick up all albums from Stan Bush, and Kick Axe! I promise you- you will not be let down!!! I also recomend " Heaven " by Stan Bush and Barrage, and " Welcome to the Club ", " Vices ", and " Rock the World " by Kick Axe. But please dont buy tapes, buy Cds. Because trust me- You will play them over and over and over and over and over and over and...
on November 22, 2002
Best known for his work on such movies as "Rocky IV", Vince Dicola has long been considered the tour de force of 1980's synthesizer movie scores. And rightfully so. "The Transformers: The Movie" soundtrack is jam-packed with hard-rockin' jams (see: Spectre General) and passionate instrumentals (the aforementioned Dicola).

While most of the bands/singers on this album are relative unknowns (with the notable exception of "Weird Al" Yankovic), I suspect it's just a matter of time before N.R.G. and Lion make it big on the music scene. Even though Vince Dicola is clearly the driving-force behind this album, the triumphant anthems, "Dare" and "The Touch", prove that Stan Bush might be able to give Dicola a run for his money.

Petty rivalries aside, this album is Dicola's baby, and deservedly so. Some 16-years later, "The Transformers: The Movie" soundtrack remains the pinnacle of Vince Dicola's career.
on August 4, 2007
My favorite song on this album is the under-rated and underappreciate, The Touch from Stan Bush. I remember the first time I heard this song in 1986 when the movie opened. I can actually see Optimus Prime transform after getting off the space ship and say the words "Megatron must be stopped". The Touch is one song that stirs my emotions. I just listened to the song and it actually bought tears to my eyes. I've always been sentimental and that song, The Touch is sentimental. I remember the battle scene when Megatron transforms on the Autobots shuttle and starts to destroy some of my favorite autobots like Iron Hide, Ratchet, Prowl and others. Dare is one song when Daniel and Hot Rod are having fun near Autobot city- not aware of the trouble that was heading their way.

One of the most powerful soundtracks that is under-rated and under-appreciated.
on April 30, 2003
I saw the movie back in '86 and I must say that music definitely makes the movie!!! AND THIS MOVIE KICKED BUTT!!! I was a real big TF fan back then, and still love them to this day-- a Megatron figure sits on my desk next to the CPU.(It keeps you young) The metal/rock soundtrack was awesome and Vince DiCola's instrumentals are off the chain!!! Autobot/Decepticon battle puts you right in the heart of the conflict with so much energy in the music and lots of feeling!!!I had the soundtrack before I saw the movie, which gave away one of the cliffhangers--but I still love the music and the movie. Lion's rendition of the title theme gives the TF theme a fresh new--something different from the TV show. It's a must have for TF fans--just wish it had Unicron's theme and other orchestrations...still, it ROCKS!!!
on February 28, 2002
It is not very often when I buy a soundtrack. Trust me I am not in the least a huge music fan. However after viewing the movie and the music that went with it I knew I had to own this.
After purchasing this I can't stop listening ot it, this is some of the best 80's music I have ever heard. It surprised my friends and family.
Obviously the key song on this track is the theme by the group Lion. The remastering of the theme is marvalouse. However it is not the best track, in fact the best track is Dare which is just a tiny bit better.
If you like 80's music, or good music...than this is for you.
on January 13, 2002
Well, some unrealized " INCREDIBLE " artists with something to say, are Stan Bush, Kick Axe, NRG, and Lion! Artists who blow away the competition!!! These artists have been overlooked for much too long!!! For years i searched for more music from those mentioned artists, but with no find. After now using the internet, i've found several albums of Stan Bush and Kick Axe. They are highly talented who are underestimated. I will go so far to say in my opinion, that the Transformers the Movie Soundtrack is perfect! " The Touch ", " Dare ", " Nothin's Gonna Stand in our Way ", and " Hunger " are truly awesome songs that greatly inspire! I urge you to pick this soundtrack up, and i assure you that you will NEVER regret it! I have been in many music stores, and have not found this album. You can find it in better music stores, but the best way, and most assured way, is to order it from here. And if you think this album is that great, you should pick up all albums from Stan Bush, and Kick Axe! I promise you- you will not be let down!!! I also recomend " Heaven " by Stan Bush and Barrage, and " Welcome to the Club ", " Vices ", and " Rock the World " by Kick Axe. But please dont buy tapes, buy Cds. Because trust me- You will play them over and over and over and over and over and over and...
on June 13, 2000
The original Transformers series was a phenomenon (I'm not feeling the Beast Wars series at all...) and the music for the series/movie (like Robotech) was incredible...and I fell in love with the music (especially Unicron's Theme) as soon as I heard it. Getting this soundtrack may be dissapointing if you loved the instrumentals by Vince DiCola (like I do) which just about accompany the whole movie. But, the three instrumentals that are featured on this album are probably the best musical compositions that Vince DiCola did for the movie, especially the "Death Of Optimus Prime".
I personally think the soundtrack's hottest songs are "Dare" (I think of Hot Rod), "The Touch" (Can you believe Mark Wahlberg sang this in Boogie Nights?) and the Transformers Main Theme. As an album however, the TF:TM Soundtrack is a little on the short end. If you're just getting into the music of the Transformers, I would recommend starting here, and then searching for the complete score 'Till All Are One' if you find yourself unsatisfied. I got it, and now feel complete. (smile)
Oh, and be warned...these are only the movie tracks - I have yet to locate the music from the TV series which was almost as good. (Can anyone help me?) Just know that this album is a good place to start, and is definitely required ownership for any self respecting Transformers fanatic - closet case or not. Trust me.
I just wish there was a soundtrack for the original Voltron series...
on November 24, 1999
Okay, where to begin? The start is good place. Stan Bush's inspiration "The Touch" is a joy to behold. Upon hearing it, I can't help but grab my script and relieve classic moments from the movie, indeed, I could say that for the whole film. "Dare" is inspirational to the extreme, and always cheers me up when I feel depressed NRG's "Instruments of Destruction" fits perfectly with the film, keeping the pace throughout. Vince DiCola's three instrumental pieces are simply fantastic. "Death of Optimus Prime" brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear it, knowing that the end will herald the loss of onE of TV's greatest heroes. This is, by far, my favourite piece of music of all time. Spectre General's "Hunger" is utterly fantastic, it is the only song I play repeat ad nauseum! And finally, Weird Al Yankovich's "Dare to be Stupid" is hilarious, taking a side-ways look at 80s stereotypes, perhaps perfect for the film characters it represents.
In short, a wonderful CD accompaniment to a wonderful film. If you count yourself as even a remote Transformers fan, you NEED this CD, your life is not complete without it!
on March 27, 2003
Of corse this is a Soundtrack of a movie and not an 80's Pop/Rock collection. Some people reviewed this CD, after listening to some samples, and said that this CD is the worst the 80's had to offer. Well, Soundtracks are for those people who watched the movie and liked the music!! So am I. We have the year 2003, I am a big TF fan since about 1985 and watched The Movie two years ago for the first time!! I love the music and so I'm going to buy this CD, even now!! I'm so glad it is still in print...
on February 20, 2003
Okay, so what if people like to "go back and re-live the 80s", all I know is that this is the BEST soundtrack ever. Well, of a cartoon movie. I mean I grew up on Transformers, I already have the movie, and my brother still has all of the original transformers action figures. So this will go great with my collection. This soundtrack, for me, is like bringing back apart of my childhood. Even though I four, but I still remember Transformers. Plus, the songs ROCK.