5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
This is one of the albums I listened to as a teenager. I enjoy it. I am glad to have it again.
Published 2 months ago by Raydene Nash

3.0 out of 5 stars Bon Jovi rocks!
This is the fourth Bon Jovi's album. The tittle is very good, a nice tribute to New Jersey, the place where they were born.
There are wonderful ballads, as "Living in Sin", "I'll Be There For you" and "Wild Is The Wind".
"Ride Cowboy Ride" is a little song, but even so it's a beautiful song. It's one of my faves in this album. "Love For Sale" is very funny...
Published on Aug. 6 2002 by rosana aippe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 9 2014
This review is from: New Jersey (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Old Rock & Roll...Bon Jovi shows how it is done!!🎶🎸🎶🎸🎶🎸, July 27 2014
Amazing!!! Both CDs and the lyrics' book are great!!
Access All Areas - DVD is a must-have for any Bon Jovi fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of songs I have never heard but really liked. Glad I got it as a long time ..., July 27 2014
Lots of songs I have never heard but really liked. Glad I got it as a long time Bon Jovi fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 26 2014
Awesome!!!! What a great access to the one and only Rock band!!! WOW! Thank you JBJ

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything o. k.! The package was too ..., July 28 2014
Everything o.k.! The package was too big, so I had to pay tax for import duties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 25 2014
perfection as always from bon jovi

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless. A masterpiece from Bon Jovi!!, Oct. 2 2006
This review is from: New Jersey (W/Newpk) (Audio CD)
I'll be there for you is one of the best ballads from Bon Jovi and this album is a classic metal album and one of the best metal albums of all-time. Bad Medicine, Born to be my baby and Lay your hands on me are three classic rock songs. Bon Jovi shines with the ballad- Living in Sin.

New Jersey is flawless.

5.0 out of 5 stars garden (state) of hair metal heaven, July 11 2004
Davy (Athens, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Jersey (W/Newpk) (Audio CD)
seriously, people. i really do believe this album has merit. perhaps the greatest hair metal album released. the ballads are all pitch-perfect, the rockers are catchy, the album feels like an album and not a few hits with filler...they did a great job with this one.
trivia: the first album i ever owned, period. (and no, that doesn't make me biased...ahahaha).

4.0 out of 5 stars Ear Candy of 80's Commercial Rock, Loads of Fun, July 5 2004
andy (Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Jersey (Audio CD)
While maybe a bit shallow lyrically, "New Jersey" is still loads of 80's rock-fun. The album is pretty strong from the beginning to the end, and is loaded with catchy melody hooks, and powerful choruses. It's loaded with extremely polished and mainstream radio-friendly songs. A great album to sit down and unwind to.....or go crazy, whichever you prefer.
Jon and Richie wrote some songs by themselves, on others they had some professional help.
My personal favorite (both melodically and lyrically) is "Wild is the Wind". It's an Awesome and Powerful song with a Great mellow intro. It was co-written by the always great composer Diane Warren.
And of course the great Desmond Child co-wrote some Powerful and Catchy anthems here. These are "Bad Medicine", "Born to be My baby" and "Blood on Blood". All are 100% Hits.
Jon single-handedly wrote the beautiful ballad "Living in Sin", and together with Richie he wrote another great ballad "I'll be there for You". Also Richie and Jon wrote "Lay Your hands on Me", "Homebound Train" and "99 In the Shade". All are catchy and energy-filled rock tunes.
"Love for Sale" is a bit more Country style. Very catchy tune.
This is a very strong album with many potential hits on it. A must-have for any fan of 80's Commercial Rock or Pop. Fun stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars The "Essential" Bon Jovi, May 15 2004
Darrin C. Matter (Lynden, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Jersey (W/Newpk) (Audio CD)
You know an album is great when it sounds better every time you hear it. I picked "New Jersey" up on audio cassette for a dollar, and it was my introduction to Bon Jovi. Now I own 3 Bon Jovi albums, and I love them all.
"New Jersey" is different than the other albums I own ("Slippery When Wet", "Crush"). It feels more like a concert than an album. Whether it was intentional or not, the songs just flow nicely from one to another. The first two songs kind of get you going, though they're kind of repetitive and more of a "warm up" to the rest of the album. Then, with an authoritative "1, 2, 3, 4", the drums come in and "Born to be My Baby" opens. Then the album hits its stride. "Living in Sin" follows...it's beautifully written and sung, and shows off the band's ability to harmonize. If you have the cassette, like me, the 1st side finishes with "Blood on Blood", a high energy song about the band members' wild boyhood.
But if I could only have one side (speaking in tape terms again), it would be the second side. "Homebound Train" opens, continuing the energy that the first side ended with, and then comes "Wild is the Wind", a passionate and upbeat song about what it feels like to be seperated from the one you love. Then comes the mono, record-like recording of "Ride, Cowboy, Ride". It sounds kind of weak, but I'm still glad it's there, because it makes "Stick to Your Guns" sound that much cooler when it kicks in with it loud drums and beautiful chords. What follows is probably the best song on the album, "I'll Be There for You". I don't know how to describe its greatness, other than to say that it's the song that all of us guys wish we could sing (if we had Jon Bon Jovi's voice) to that one girl who we love, but never seems to love us in return. And just when you think the song is done, it hits its key change, and you'll just sit back and breathe a sigh. It's that cool.
The last couple of songs on the album aren't that special, but they kind of serve the purpose of "letting you down easy" so that you're actually ready to let the album stop playing. "99 in the Shade" is a fun song, but nothing special. The last song, "Love for Sale" isn't really a song, and you'll hate it at first, but after a couple of times, you'll start to find it funny, and you'll like the way it literally finishes the album off with one of the Bon Jovis requesting that they just "say the record is done".
This album may not be for everyone, but it's still undoubtedly a great album, and one of the reasons I still have a cassette player in my house. Give it a try.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

New Jersey (W/Newpk)
New Jersey (W/Newpk) by Bon Jovi (Audio CD - 1999)