5.0 out of 5 stars Clarity, April 12 2006
This review is from: Clarity (Audio CD)
Alrite as far as I'm concerned, Clarity is Jimmy Eat World in their musical prime and creating delicate pop-rock. If you enjoy bands that provide you with catchy melodies with outstanding sound and precision, then this album is for you. Don't listen to MTV and MuchMusic to hear the best of J.E.W., because the greatest stuff is on here.
This is my rating per song:
Table For Glasses (9/10)
Lucky Denver Mint (7/10)
Your New Aesthetic (10/10)
Believe In What You Want (7/10)
A Sunday (9/10)
Crush (6/10)
12.23.95 (9/10)
Ten (8/10)
Just Watch The Fireworks (10/10)
For Me This Is Heaven (10/10)
Blister (8/10)
Clarity (6/10)
Goodbye Sky Harbor (10/10)
If you have the patience to listen to all of Goodbye Sky Harbor you will not be disappointed. This album sounds incredible, the mixing is quite perfect and the instruments blend smoothly. Jim Adkins vocals dont overpower too much and add that hint of emo, unlike some of their newer, rockier stuff. The instrumentation on this album is incredibly diverse with pianos, strings, xylophones and multiple backup vocals on tracks like For Me THis is Heaven, Table For Glasses and Goodbye Sky Harbor which all sound exceptional.
If you want a good CD to pop in and hear a diverse sound of emoey-pop rock, then Clarity is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars their best album, June 22 2004
L. Chun "s_chun" (Concord, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarity (Audio CD)
I'm not really a Jimmy Eat World fan, but I have always loved this album. Easily one of my top 10 favorite albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest over-looked CD in the 90s, May 8 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Clarity (Audio CD)
Jimmy Eat World started their career with capitol records with their dirty edged, heart scraping Static Prevails. S.P was a great CD and still is today, but Jimmy Eat Worlds greatness is in Clarity.
Clarity has a varity of tones that ranges in the mood the songwritter suggests. The overall quality of this CD is off the charts its lyrics are witty and spunky which expresses the feelings of the songs perfectly. The guitars, bass, and drums are blended too well in this CD its almost too overwellming. This is by far the greatest overlooked CD of the 90s. The Songs Are rated as followed.
Table For Glasses- 8/10
Clarity-10/10
Goodbye Sky Harbor-8/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Spend the money, BUY IT, May 7 2004
This review is from: Clarity (Audio CD)
Found amongst the utter crap of the rap-rock fad, was this gem. It is great how JEW went from a emo/punk sound to this melodic masterpiece. This was the first JEW album i bought due to a recommendation. At first it was not really my thing, but pretty soon i found myself listening to it quite a bit. I would definitely say this is the best of their full-length albums. This album is not the best introduction to JEW. This would be worth buying if you already own one or two of their full-length albums. By then you will really appreciate them and therefore appreciate this album.
It is hard to find any standout tracks on this album. They are all really good songs. But i'd recommend listening to Table for Glasses, Lucky Denver Mint, A Sunday, Crush, Blister, and Goodbye Sky Harbor. Goodbye Sky Harbor was a great way to end this album. The instrumental lasts for about 12 minutes or so. Just play it, turn up the sound and relax. I'd say get into JEW then buy this album. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 tounes de plus / 2 bonus track, April 28 2004
David Poirier (New-Richmond / Québec) - See all my reviews
...
- 14 : What I Would Say To You N
- 15 : Christmas Card
jai pas encore écouté ses deux chasons la mais sa doit etre débile !!! si vous aimez lucky denver mint, watch the firework vous allez adorez le cd. cest un des 3 meilleurs cd émo que jai jamais entendu de ma vie ya du clavecin du violon ... sans aucun doute un chef-doeuvre. PS. allez vous achetez un cd de nada surf (sauf peut-être High/Low) si vous aimez Clarity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible and Emotional, April 22 2004
Timmy P (Mississauga, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarity (Audio CD)
This album is impossible to explain in words. Everything about it is incredible and just brings you to a different place. If you want an emotional rock cd that will never get old, get clarity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best J.E.W. album - much more so than Bleed American, March 23 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Clarity (Audio CD)
This album, released in 1999 prior to Bleed American (which catapulted them to mainstream fame), is in my opinion the band's most sold effort in producing an album, a staple cd to be sure. It remains one of the single best cd's I own; each song is a masterpiece and it all flows together, making it an amazing experience to listen to all the way through. Perhaps the one exception to this is the song "Lucky Denver Mint," which seems to be intended more for radio release. However, this track holds its own by any standards, and is the 2nd track, so it doesn't disrupt the flow too much. I would highly reccomend this cd, whether you're into emo, pop-punk, indie, alternative, whatever. It transcends all labels (as cheesy as that sounds)

5.0 out of 5 stars *Sniffle*, March 13 2004
Tim (Arvada, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarity (Audio CD)
Wow. I wrote down the wrong CD name on my christmas list a year ago, and I am SO glad I did. I wanted Bleed American, but was confused and wrote Clarity. I put this CD in my player expecting more catchy punk/pop riff like The Middle and Sweetness. I was wrong. Every song on this CD has the potential to make you smile or cry. I am almost 18 and am not ashamed to tell you all that I have cried listening to this CD. My favorites are 12/23 and Just Watch the Fireworks. I had downloaded Just Watch about 6 months before I got the CD, and loved it. Little did I know that that song would become the soundtrack to the first kiss I shared with the love of my life, and it is perfect for that. Buy this CD now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crush!, March 6 2004
Jeremy123 (woburn, massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarity (Audio CD)
J.e.w. By far one of THE best if not THE best bands around since i can remenber! I just dont feel like typing to much so i'll just leave you all with this ok ? Buy it! Ha! The best song here to me is "crush" with that said...Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you still feel the butterflies., Feb. 20 2004
This review is from: Clarity (Audio CD)
As I opened Clarity anxiously, I was blown away just by looking at the cd......so poetic. It just got better from then on. All the songs are very melodic, and soothing. It is so relaxing to listen to hard rock that is this soft. This cd destroys Bleed American(self-titled)
Table for Glasses- One of the most melodic and beautiful songs I have ever heard. It takes a while for this song to kick in, but when it does it is amazing. 9/10
Lucky Denver Mint- This song sets the mood for the cd, not the greatest on the cd, but still an amazing song. 8.5/10
Your New Aesthetic- Definetely one of the harder songs. This song is incredible. Awesome lyrics, great vocals, just a masterpiece. 12/10
Believe in What you want- Another melodic song. This is probably my third favorite song on the cd. It is blended beautifully with 'Your New Aesthetic'. 10/10
Sunday- My favorite lyrics on the cd come from this song. "What you wish for won't come true. Live with that." 10/10
Crush- Blended perfectly with a Sunday. This song would fit a little better on Bleed American, but is still a great song. It just doesn't fit the mood of the rest of the cd. 8/10
12.23.95- This is an example of this cd's creativity. Filling a 4-minute song with 3 lines, and the 4 minutes are over faster than you could imagine. 8/10
Ten- The piano in the backround is so catchy. Who knew something like that could be such a great hook. And I love the end of this one. 10/10
Just watch the fireworks- The beginning of this song is kind of........brutal. But it sure makes up for it after the first 30 seconds. But for some reason, this song seems longer than #13. 7/10
For me this is heaven- Once again, I hated the first 2 lines of this song, but I have grown to tolerate them, and grown to absolutely adore the song. 9.5/10
Blister- Another hard song and this song, just like #3, impresses me throughout. The chorus is the best, it just strikes something in me, it is awesome. The best part is at about 2:30 when everything slows down for the chorus. 11/10
Clarity- This song could be a little better vocally, but I think this defines the cd. Great lyrics, catchy chorus and cretive throughout.9/10
Goodbye Sky Harbour-Wow, an amazing song, but I am sorry to say that I usually end up skipping this song around the 8 minute mark. Believe me, if I wasn't so anxious to get to the rest of the songs, I could listen to this 16 minute marathon over and over. 10/10
I want Jimmy Eat World to have a little more recognition, but I don't want anyone to know about this cd. It can be our little secret. The only one word to describe this cd would be 'art'.

Clarity
Clarity by Jimmy Eat World (Audio CD - 2007)