5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Get Better
Published on March 28 2004 by galadannun

3.0 out of 5 stars Great tracks but horrible mixing
The track selection is great! Probably the best out of the previous three chapters. Anabolic Frolic has outdone himself again with Chapter Three. I am a proud supporter and attendee of the Hullabaloo parties in Toronto.
But don't kid yourself about the mixing. The mixing is lack-luster at best. This CD might as well just be a compilation. Tracks noticably...
Published on April 30 2001

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Get Better, March 28 2004
"galadannun" (Storrs, CT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3 (Audio CD)
My brother is a techno dj, got me hooked on H2bH, and chapter 3 was the first CD in the series I'd heard. I'm listening to chapter 7 (which I just bought today) and it's great, but BY FAR chapter 3 is my favorite - it really grabs you and makes you get up!! I'd love to tell you my favorite song but I love all of them...Sensation and the track after it are kind of a lull but it picks up again and ends with just as much energy as it started with. Overall, terrific. I didn't know anything about electronic music before I'd heard it but H2bH 3 turned me into a lover of electronic!
If you're even the slightest bit into it, H2bH three will hook you and you'll never go back!! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Series, Nov. 16 2003
Amazon Customer "avrilsfiance" (Sierra Vista, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3 (Audio CD)
I'll start off by saying that I own all 7 cds in this series, and this one is the best by far. Anabolic Frolic really outdid himself with this one...easily one of my top 10 cds of all time (not exaggerating).
The first 8(!) songs are all just crazy good. "Break of Dawn", "Eurolove"...I'm not gonna name em all, but sheesh...too cool. They'd all be 9's and even a few 10's if I had to rate 'em.
I wont lie to you now, songs 9-12 are kind of a drop off point in my mind. All are just "average-slightly above average" songs. It seems all his cds do this toward the middle...makes me sad:(
Dont worry though because song 13, Demo's - Pleasure and Pain, kicks it back up a notch. 7.5 rated song I think.
And then...the finale. The next 2 songs: "Eyeopener" by Brisk and Trixxy and then Hyperactive's "Let Me Play" are just SO unbelievable. Eyeopener is, hands down, the best Happy Hardcore song ever. And then follow it up with the male/female swaping vocals and INSANE happy beat of Let Me Play. I can't help but shake my head in amazment and grin when I hear those 2 back to back. I would pay twenty bucks just for a cd with these 2 songs.
In the end I'll say that without those 4 songs in the middle, this would be an absolute perfect cd. Its still very much a 5 star disc though because every other songs is still...godly, and they EASILY hold the weight of those few duds.

5.0 out of 5 stars a new sound of hardcore, Dec 21 2002
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3 (Audio CD)
this cd starts off with the early sounds of trancecore "distant skies", " sunrize", and "dont got away" are just some examples. there is still some old skool on here, but the entire cd is only 172 bpm, the slowest in the set, but this cd features some good anthems though, "eyeopener" being the best. check it out if you wanna hear the beginning sounds of trancecore

5.0 out of 5 stars last night, this CD saved my life, Nov. 21 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3 (Audio CD)
this is my absolute favorite cd. when i first heard it three years ago, i couldn't stop listening to it. it made me fall in love with happy hardcore and made me buy every hhc available in vancouver!

5.0 out of 5 stars happy....., July 10 2002
daniel (north carolona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3 (Audio CD)
hey ppl yall forget what i said about the cd reaching the 140 bpm limit. this cd is 172 beats per minute ALL THE WAY THROUGH! this is actually the slowest in the serires but hey, its still good.

5.0 out of 5 stars YEA BABY!! HAPPY HARDCORE, June 3 2002
Kelsey (Calgary, AB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3 (Audio CD)
i love this cd! my ultimate fav song on this cd would have to be brisk and trixxy "eye opener" i love it! i listen to it like, three times in a row! i have a friend who hated techno and after listenin to this cd, she doenst bash it ne more! hahaha! happy 2b hardcore own!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, April 10 2002
"alexs7" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3 (Audio CD)
How can you possibly not like this? I've heard songs from other Happy Hardcore series CDs and so far this one is the best. Some of the best songs here are Sensation (9), Break of Dawn (2), and Let Me Play (15)- I mean all of them are just great. The previews do no justice, so be sure to hear the whole versions. Unfortunately, if you're not a techno fan, you might not like it right off the bat- this isn't your top 40 pop mix. But, I urge you to listen to it, it's impossible to just sit still while listening to this CD. The beats are fast, furious, and very catchy. The vocals provide a little cheese factor, but hey who cares? A nice CD to get you to work or school way faster in your car... I'm surprised that I don't have a speeding ticket. So, in conclusion- buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars anabolic frolic at his best!, March 12 2002
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3 (Audio CD)
this is so far the best cd in the whole series! all these songs give you happy to be alive feeling. all these songs are slow enough to sit and listen to and fast enough to ge up and dance too. if you arnt ready to buy this cd, i suggest you but chapter 1.that cd gives u a feeling of what this one is like, only faster. NOTICE: this cd is only for people who love this type of techno. if you dont like techno or happy hardcore, it will be a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST CD! GET IT!, Feb. 25 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3 (Audio CD)
this is so far the best happy hardcore in the HAPPY2bHARDCORE series. all the other ones are good too, but this is my favorite. you may notice that that chapter 2 outsold chapter 1, and chapter 5 outsold chapter 4, but nothing so far has been able to outsell this cd! there is really alot of bass action in it and it is all smooth and dancetive. all the songs are laid out in order ,slow-fast. the song "distant skies" is a great opening for this cd and "let me play" is a fast, couldn't have been better ending! i cant express how good this cd is, but it is a must have. all the songs are slow enough, (THEY DO GET UP TO THE 140 BPM LIMIT) to listen to, and fast enough to dance to. well, a review can olny be so long, glad you took the time to read it! !!!!WARNING!!!! THIS CD IS FOR ELECTRONIC LOVERS ONLY!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars best c in the set!!!!!, Feb. 15 2002
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3 (Audio CD)
this is one of the best happy hardcore cd's i have heard! there is a lot of bomb in it, really gets you pumped. but most of all the songs get up to 140 beats per minute, but never under 135 beats per minute! it is a good dance cd or a good just sit there and listen to it cd. there are, as you know, 6 cd's in the whole set. this one really proves how hard Anabolic Frolic worked. i really liked the 4th and 5th too, but this is my favorite. well, i hope this was helpful to ya, it is worth every penny!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xf704e34)

Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3
Happy 2b Hardcore - Chapter 3 by Various (Audio CD - 1999)