5.0 out of 5 stars No Hard rock ,but have wonderful lyrics and music.
i start listen to their songs since 2001 ,i love their hard rock albums ,but this CD is different , its all about great deal of muscial and good story telling lyrics , you will love it if you a fan of pop music.
Published on June 19 2004 by Law Cheuk Yui

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not Scorpions
The album cover looked suspicious. It was not a good sign.
Then came music itself, but wait, something was wrong with it. By the track #4 I forgot I was listening to new Scorpions' CD; I thought it was some R&B band playing.
Frankly, it is beyond me why the supergroup would release something like this even if they attempted to be 'modern'. Loosing fans is...
Published on March 12 2003 by SK

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars still Scorpions, Dec 14 2002
jon (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye II Eye (Audio CD)
I can't understand why many people here write bad reviwes for this lovely album!!!, By the way I am a 17 y.o. scorpions fan and i have bought every single album of scorpions, i really like this album like all the others, there are some great songs here such as the amazing "A moment in a million years" which i consider a thrilling song. This album is maybe somehow lighter than Blackout, In trance, Love at first sting, crazy world..... etc, but you'll see.. it has some great songs in it.. it is still a good scorpions album, i must say that in the begining i didn't like it as much but now i really enjoy it.. i really love it because now i can understand it better.. i think each scorpions album is unique and there is a lot variety in their music! All scorpions albums are great because they are the greatest rock band ever ...yeah !!! Don't get me wrong by the way... well they are! Since they are German, why not? Germany, the Capital of Classical music, can also have great rock too!

2.0 out of 5 stars Eye II Eye is Boyz II Men, not Uber-Arena Rock, July 10 2002
This review is from: Eye II Eye (Audio CD)
Sure, Klaus Meine has a killer voice, Schenker's guitars can still make you nod your head, but what is this? The opening to "what you give you get back" sounds like boyz 2 men. Now, any Scorps fan relishes their harmonies laid over blistering riffs, or soft melodies a la wind of change, but be forewarned: this album attempts to infuse a more 'modern' sound like you would find in a club or hip-hop radio station. The ratio of songs I skip to songs I listen to is pretty sad. To give credit, songs such as Yellow Butterfly are by no means a failure, it's a song I dont think many people could complain about. In short, if their hard rockin/balladeering 80's hey-dey is your thing, dont come within 10 feet of this. If hip-hoppish, dance music from rock gods is your thing, then embrace this with open arms. If you are just somebody looking for a Scorpions album, try "Acoustica", an MTV Unplugged style album with a number of hits (and some songs most American radio listeners arent so familiar with) or "Moment of Glory" which is a short symphonic rock album (sort of but not really like Metallica's S&M) and features a few guest musicians. Btw, this album wont stop me from seeing them LIVE in another 2 weeks. Rock me like a hurricane...

1.0 out of 5 stars Ewwwwwwww, May 3 2002
This review is from: Eye II Eye (Audio CD)
This is cleary the worst Scorpions album ever made. Don't get me wrong, I love the Scorpions but the band is way off kilter during the making of this transistional album, instead of just going by pure instinct and feel. Don't buy this record if your a die hard Scorpions fan during the Blackout/Love at First Sting era. You will be very disapointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shocking!!, Oct. 1 2001
This review is from: Eye II Eye (Audio CD)
As you can see by all the other reviews here, either you'll like it, or you'll hate it. At first listen, I too, was like, what the heck is this?!! By second listen it began to grow on me. Scorpions are trying something radically different which I commend them for. The Scorpions first "pop-sounding" record. I've got all of their records since Lonesome Crow and have often thought of them as the German Led Zeppelin. It has been very amusing to read all the bad reviews this album has got and had I wrote this after first listen, I might have concurred. I like this album, but I'm not sure I want them to continue with this sound. That was U2's downfall: they changed their sound and stayed with it. If next album somehow fuses the guitar virtuosity they're known for it should be very interesting. Keep an open mind and definitely give it more than one listen if you're unsure about this one. It will grow on you.

1.0 out of 5 stars What have you done, Scorps?, Sept. 10 2001
This review is from: Eye II Eye (Audio CD)
This is for sure not the best Scorpions album (I don't want to say "the worst" because I am a big Scorpions fan . . . but let's say it: it is the worst). It is the same as Slang for Def Leppard: a transition album with bad results. For me, the period of glory for the Scorps was between 1979 and 1991; Crazy World closed 12 extraodinary years, which started with Lovedrive. Although Pure Instinct was not a bad album, the pop direction was obvious, but Eye to Eye was too much. I like very much the record with the Berlin Orchestra, but I believe that the Scorps are trying to survive thanks to their old hits. Acoustica is a good example, isn't it? Will we hear a new Blackout style album? I hope so.

4.0 out of 5 stars We Love You Callllllliiiforrrrrniaaaa! (Wordwide Live), Aug. 29 2001
"snkplskn" (Alexandria, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye II Eye (Audio CD)
Metal fans love AC/DC like a jolly uncle but the Scorpions realize that you can't keep banging your head to the same song forever and take a chance on this one, I am pleasantly suprised. I'm sure you have been told that this is like no other Scorps disc, but do not be swayed until you hear it. Sure, there are very poppy songs on here but gee....haven't the Scorps always supplied the killer hooks? The hooks are here, just not the "Rock You Like A Hurricane" variety. Klaus, Rudolph and Jabs show a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor along with their poisonous licks. As always, the Scorpions have excellent production and Peter Wolf makes thier sound very textured but clean.
These madmen from Germany are the undisputed kings of the power ballad. "Obsession" rates right up there with "Still Loving You".
This is a very good album and has not been very far from reach. I play this one quite often and like it better every time I hear it. This is an album that is good from track 1 all the way to 14. It sounds like they had fun and played what they wanted on this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a very good Scorpions CD..., Aug. 24 2000
"samster" (Fremont, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye II Eye (Audio CD)
I think that the guys wanted to mellow out and try a different style of music. That is not a bad thing is essence but it was for me and probably the vast majority of their fans. Let's face it, it is natural for fans to want their fav bands to continue the same style of music. If a rapper decided to do country, he too would come up against the same criticism as are the scorpions now. I do think that the previous album, Pure Instinct, was the best album ever for them simply because it was a very solid album with very strong songs (all but one I loved) and who could not love Wild Child!
I encourage you to check out Pure Instinct here on Amazon and read the reviews. I think the vast majority agree with me on this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars What the heck is this?, July 18 2000
John P. Altgelt (taylor, mi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye II Eye (Audio CD)
I am getting tired of bands that are trying to change their music to flow with the times. Yes there are some decent songs on this cd, but overall it is their worst effort in a while. If you want a great Scorpions album get the one that came out before this one 'Pure Instinct' that is probably their best album ever, yes better than 'blackout' and 'love at first sting'. THis album has way too many tempo and 'un-Scorp' like tunes and simply does not have enough hard stompin' songs to keep anyones interest long enough. This is definitely only for true Scorp fanatics. Again there are a couple good songs just not enough of them, here they are: Mysterious, Eye To Eye, Skywriter, Du Bist So Schmutzig, Aleyah......remeber I WARNED you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Still Rockin' After All These Years, June 15 2000
KB (Woodbridge, VA. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eye II Eye (Audio CD)
What many Scorpion "fans" who have downed this album fail to realize is this is the new century...the rock & roll lovers (who, now days are young kids)don't want to hear 80's type music on new albums. Rocking out is what these guys do for a living...if they continue to make the same sound over and over, they'd be out of work. What the Scorpions have done with "Eye II Eye" is show the rock indusrty they even after all these years, they, too, can still rock and roll. I strongly think that this is one of the best new cd's that is out on the market right now. So, to all those "fans"-it's cool to hear the old stuff in concert...but for the older bands it's do or die time...Scorps are just keeping up with modern times!

4.0 out of 5 stars Still Rockin' After All These Years, June 15 2000
KB (Woodbridge, VA. United States) - See all my reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Eye II Eye
Eye II Eye by The Scorpions (Audio CD - 1999)