5.0 out of 5 stars Fun stories to keep the kids amused
Thomas and Friends never fail me in entertaining my three-year-old. The stories are always short and simple, but interesting enough to keep a kid's attention. This one is especially entertaining because of all the flooding, crashes, and angry characters who eventually learn a lesson or two in the end.
Published on July 22 2003 by John W. Crockett

3.0 out of 5 stars Death and disaster, not much depth.
Not the subtle emphasis on attitudes and work ethics found in "Thomas and his Friends Help Out." Also scarier for smaller children. In "Friends .." a train gets stuck on a hill, or gets his fire put out by rising water. In "Races .." people actually come close to dying gruesome deaths -- smothered by an avalanche, or plumetting down a...
Published on Dec 27 2000

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Not great but entertaining, Feb. 14 2004
Mr. Bey (Riverside, CT United States) - See all my reviews
I've critized Alec Baldwin again and again but i'm sorry he's ruining great characters such as Percy and James. In my Thomas listmania I called Percy a whiner. Well I think he know is. In this one and then in Percy's Chocalte Crunch he whines about hard work. I mean some of them complain but he whines. That's just plain annoying. The best episode one this tape was probably the Lorry one and i'd like to point out the fact that Butch does not have a face. Bye George was just plain stupid. Oliver was good in his episode and I wish he'd have more of those. This tape is ok and it would be good for Thomas fans to have. Before you buy this one take a look at some of George Carlin's works first belive me their better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good video!, Jan. 8 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Thomas the Tank Engine: Races, Rescues & Runaways (VHS Tape)
This video has lots of exciting stories that I like. There's "Toby and the Flood", "Put Upon Percy", "Horrid Lorry", "By George", "Something in the Air", "Oliver's Find", and a GREAT music video "Accidents will Happen." Alec Baldwin's storytelling is good too. I like to watch this video!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun stories to keep the kids amused, July 22 2003
John W. Crockett (Huntington Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Very great DVD!, April 9 2003
Thomas & his friends like to race to the rescue when in trouble.
In this release, Thomas & his friends teach some horrid lorries a lesson, say bye bye to George the steamroller, & get to see Henry in trouble. But it was really the driver's folt Henry had a accident. Sir Topham hatt should blame it on them! I say this DVD for all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and Cool!, April 6 2003
By A Customer
This Thomas video is one of the best. My favorite story was Horrid Lorry becasue at the end of the story you get to see some funny scenes. I'm still wondering why people say its scary for kids when it really isn't. I thought Percy was brave when the mine was collsasping and when Toby was floating down the river.
This is a must have for your collection. You are going to like it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Scary!, Feb. 17 2003
By A Customer
My almost 3 year old son adores Thomas, but these stories scared him and made him cry. He begged us to "skip" almost every story. I'm sorry we bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Video After All, Jan. 21 2003
Jeffrey T. Munson (Dixon, IL) - See all my reviews
In this installment of Thomas and Friends, Alec Baldwin takes viewers on yet another set of Thomas adventures. My son is a huge fan of Thomas, and we watch his videos almost every day. This tape in particular has become one of his favorites. The first story especially grabs his attention due to the dam breaking during the flood, Toby floating helplessly past the sign that says "Beware the Waterfall", which my son has memorized by now, and the heroic rescue by Harold the helicopter. He also enjoys the story of the Lorries; three spunky little trucks which are supposed to replace the engines, but in the end its the Lorries who can't perform their work.
As with other Thomas videos, this is just the right lenght to hold my son's interest without him becoming distracted. The stories are bright and cheerful, and Alec Baldwin makes an excellent narrator. I highly recommend the Thomas video series. Buy one or several of this series and enjoy them with your children. You might even learn something along the way!!

1.0 out of 5 stars TOO SCARY FOR MY 2-YR-OLD, Oct. 4 2002
By A Customer
My two-year-old gets too upset watching this one. I don't recommend it for this age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas and Friends, Sept. 21 2002
Kelly "Kelly" (Glencoe, AL United States) - See all my reviews
My sons now have about 12 VHS and DVDs with Thomas, and this is their favorite!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 year old's favorite!, Dec 13 2001
By A Customer
We have several Thomas videos, and this is our favorite. Even my seven month old watches it with rapt attention!The crashes are exciting, but the video is overall not as scary as Spills and Chills (too many ghosts in that one!). My son watches this one over and over again. Alec Baldwin does an excellent job narrating, he really makes each engine its own personality. This is a must have for your collection.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xaa8a8708)

Thomas the Tank Engine: Races, Rescues & Runaways
Thomas the Tank Engine: Races, Rescues & Runaways by Michael Angelis (VHS Tape - 2002)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.41