5.0 out of 5 stars Rule the World"......
A reviewer stated that the remaster job on this disc
was steller....Absolutely Right. I got my copy and listened.
The big hit "Everybody wants to.....sounds fantastic. Other
cuts come on strong and the price I paid was a gift too.
Let's face it, delivered to my door for less than $10.00...
It's hard to beat. This is a good addition to the...
Published on Dec 20 2011 by Breadmanwalking

3.0 out of 5 stars Tears for Fears - a winning combination!!
Published on June 7 2003 by Da Peace Dogg

5.0 out of 5 stars Rule the World"......, Dec 20 2011
Breadmanwalking (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
A reviewer stated that the remaster job on this disc
was steller....Absolutely Right. I got my copy and listened.
The big hit "Everybody wants to.....sounds fantastic. Other
cuts come on strong and the price I paid was a gift too.
Let's face it, delivered to my door for less than $10.00...
It's hard to beat. This is a good addition to the collection.
If you like this and need it....buy it and remember, always
checkout "sellers".

4.0 out of 5 stars Songs from the Big Chair, April 4 2004
This review is from: Songs From The Big Chair (Audio CD)
Great album! I don't have this remastered version, but I'm speaking for the original. Only complaint: it could be longer
Most people know it for the chart-toppers "Shout" and "Everybody wants to rule the world", as well as "mothers talk," "i believe", and "head over heels."
Ironically, I think my favourite songs on here are 2 of the 3 non-singles: "The Working Hour" and "Listen". Funny how it always seems to work out that way
A great album

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply astonishing, Feb. 27 2004
This review is from: Songs From The Big Chair (Audio CD)
This was one of the most moving albums I have ever listened to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Remastering Is Amazing!, Jan. 21 2004
Jason W. Bellenger (Byron Center, Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs From The Big Chair (Audio CD)
A while back I picked up "20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection" release issued by Universal Records in 2000. According to the liner notes, the songs have been remastered. I never really thought they sounded that great for remastering. I bought the remastered and reissued "Songs From The Big Chair" (which was actually issued in 1999) album a few weeks back and was blown away by the difference in sound quality. I really don't think the "20th Century Masters" collection was really remastered. Some tracks are quite dull. I've compared "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" and "Head Over Heels" on both discs and the versions on "Songs From The Big Chair" are much more crisp and clear. I have gained a whole new appreciation for these songs, among the many others featured on this disc. So thumbs up to Universal for at least offering this better, remastered version. For those who say this reissue isn't worth it, take a listen to the difference in sound quality. Then again, if sound quality isn't that important to you, then stick with your original copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essencial!, Dec 5 2003
Andre' S Grindle "Funk Meister" (Bangor,ME.) - See all my reviews
While "The Hurting" is surely an artistic triumph "Songs From The Big Chair" made Tears For Fears songs.The arrangements
are fuller and a full band sound is evident but their lyrical themes haven't changed-more people just were able to share in them.The result are the classic radio hits "Shout" and "Everybody Wants To Rule The World"-not to mention the John Lennon-like "Head Over Heals".It's obvious these guys spent alot of time not just with new wave but with John Lennon and Cat Stevens albums-the songwriting is classic and the aforementioned songs sound timeless despite this albums fairly recent vintage.The uptempo "Broken" is actually very dancable and "I Believe" is a simple,almost Beatlesqe ballad of high note.Mabye in the next twenty years or so "Songs From The Big Chair" will emmerge along with the "Sgt.Pepper"'s and "Pet Sound"s of all-time classic rock albums!

5.0 out of 5 stars Roland Lets it all out, Sept. 7 2003
This review is from: Songs From The Big Chair (Audio CD)
Not as raw and emotional as their debut "The Hurting", "Songs From the Big Chair" is the album that catapulted Curt and Roland into the international consciousness and captured them a place in music history.
Big Chair gave TFF two #1 hits, one for the primal "Shout" and the second for the pop perfection of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World". My personal favorite on the album is the dark and thrashing combo of "Broken" and "Head Over Heels/Broken (Live)", which is every bit as good as the chart topping singles. Other standout tracks include "The Working Hour", "Mother's Talk" (which also placed on the charts) and "I Believe". All of the eight original songs are of exceptional quality, and highlight the songwriting and vocal talents of these two young artists. The remastered version also offers an additional seven bonus tracks, which aren't strictly necessary, but add a great glimpse into their creative process. Even if they're not up to the level of the original cuts, the bonuses are definitely enjoyable to listen to, and I'm not one to complain about getting extra TFF music.
Overall Big Chair is a phenomenal release from a pair of artists whose angst and raw energy permeates their work. It's unfortunate that this is the only Tears for Fears album that receives significant attention, as their entire catalogue is of exceptional quality. This is one of those rare albums that is able to transcend its origins ('80's pop), and it belongs on any list of all time classic albums.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tears for Fears - a winning combination!!, June 7 2003
Da Peace Dogg (Hollywood, California - livin' humble) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs From The Big Chair (Audio CD)
When I was but a wee lad, I made the important and fortunate decision to purchase this masterpiece album by T for F. This record album was so listener-friendly even me stodgy mum and pa enjoyed it. In fact, the record album spun on our record player non-stop. As a family, we literally played this record all the time, and I think we wore it out. Sometimes I'd play it outside and the music would blare and echo amongst the hills of beautiful Scotland. At any rate, there are some very diverse sounds on this T for F record, which will please all listeners of the world. The bursting energy of "Shout" is a stellar leadoff tune, and I used to sing this song to myself a lot before getting ready to play golf (a fun game that began in Scotland). Quickly, however, this record delves into a jazzy sound on the second song, and from there the music is wide-ranging in terms of depth and sound. There were several hits from this record album, but even the ones they never played on radio were quite good. It was made in the '80s and is thus a little shorter than record albums made these days; but shorter albums in the '80s seemed to have better songs, because the artist had limited recording space. Yeah, these guys were creative, and they went on to make other great albums. They kind of have a pop/adult contemporary vibe, so that even your pa and mum will enjoy them.
I have many other favorite American pop bands, but T for F might be one of my favorites.
From Scotland, signing off...

5.0 out of 5 stars One great Tears for Fears album before the group implodes, Nov. 16 2002
Lawrance M. Bernabo (The Zenith City, Duluth, Minnesota) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Songs From The Big Chair (Audio CD)
"Songs From the Big Chair" was the first CD I ever bought; about four months before I actually had a CD player. But this was one of the first really hot CDs and it was where I got my infamous "three song rule." This rule states that if you are interested in an album by a new group all you need to justify the purchase is for the album to have three solid songs you would like to have. This one offered by "Shout," "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" and "Head Over Heels." I still listen to it about once a month and there is always a touch of regret that Tears for Fears self-destructed. The group produced a rather unique blend of synth-pop that made it stand out from most of what was going on in 1985 and the lyrics would have made for nice essay questions on a psychoanalysis exam:
They gave you life
And in return you gave them hell
As cold as ice
I hope we live to tell the tale
Who would have thought that primal scream theory would result in deep lyrics? Ironic to say the least. But then when you start talking about four leaf clovers you are just going to lose people who are going to go back to the melodies and not bother to figure out the words. Looking at the writing credits on these songs you would have said Tears for Fears was clearly Roland Orzabal's group, but by the time Curt Smith bolted they had produced only one more album in three years which had one decent song on it. So Tears of Fears does not exactly come under the heading of a One Hit Wonder, but they certainly only had the solid really great album. However, unlike other groups you might point to in similar circumstances from this same time period (e.g., A-Ha, Mr. Mister), this was the group I really thought had the musical talent to build on. My bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Compilation, Nov. 1 2002
W. Sullivan "Designer/Photographer" (Portland, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs From The Big Chair (Audio CD)
This "Greatest Hits" is just that-the best of the tracks we know and love. Tears for Fears has a place in all of our hearts and memories, and while listening to the songs brings me back I enjoy them for what they still are-amazing songs. Definitely a must for your collection, and the best collection of their hits to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stunning 80's album, March 30 2002
This review is from: Songs From The Big Chair (Audio CD)
It's a classic effort that should be in everyone's music collection. I seriously don't believe it is possible for someone to NOT like something on this cd. Pay attention to the very underrated "Listen" and the soft humming of the piano in the masterful "I believe" This cd is for everyone and it is the best TFF cd and in my opinion the best cd of the 80's.

ARRAY(0xa33262ac)

Songs From The Big Chair
Songs From The Big Chair by Tears for Fears (Audio CD - 1999)