5.0 out of 5 stars My new fish tank......
Earlier this year I saved my pennies and bought a 50" plasma screen. It's great for home cinema but when I'm entertaining guests and not watching the screen, it's a large black hole on the wall of my living room, until now that is.
Published on Aug. 29 2002 by Ralph Goodson

1.0 out of 5 stars A Plain Fish Bowl Would Have Been Better
Published on Feb. 24 2004 by PARISRUNWAY

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars A Plain Fish Bowl Would Have Been Better, Feb. 24 2004
This is the worst attempt of an aquarium I have ever seen. Having a plain fish bowl with one fish would have been better. Basicaly the camera stays in one spot, with may be 2 fish to look at, and they barely move around. Then to make it worst the background is void of any color, its just gray and horrible. I got my DVD and through it into the trash. If I had a fire place I would have burned it! This DVD is only worth .99 cents at the .99 cent store.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new fish tank......, Aug. 29 2002
Ralph Goodson (Whiteleaf, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This DVD is the perfect solution. Instead of being faced with a boring featureless black void, my guests can now gaze at my fabulous collection of marine fish. The bonus is, I never have to clean the tank or feed the fish! I bought the Coral Tank version but I assume they are all variations on a theme and would perform more or less the same function.
I Take on board what other viewers have said about the size of the fish on a smaller screen, but on the plasma screen, the proportions are perfect and I think, very realistic.
The DVD also has some extra features for your PC including a fishy screen-saver, which gives a slideshow of each of the inhabitants of the tank. It also has printable high-quality photos in PDF format and a copy of Acrobat Viewer if you do not already have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new fish tank....., Aug. 29 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars My new marine tank....., Aug. 29 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing, Other World DVD, Nov. 24 2002
I think the former reviewer missses the point and purpose of this DVD. It is meant to make you feel as if your television is a real fish aquarium. It is really about providing an ambience of having a beautiful fish aquarium in your television set you can watch for hours. For those of us with 43 inch screens, or plasma television, it is a god send. You can enjoy the beauty of having a real life fish aquarium without the expense of caring for one. Watching the various unusual fish and their behavior is very soothing to me and takes me to another world. We are all so caught up in our world and its manmade nature. It is refreshing to see other living creatures who aren't affected by politics.
I couldn't believe that previous reviewer gave this DVD only 3 stars. People expect way too much these days not realizing how special it is to be able to pop in a DVD and watch something like this. It was only 20 years ago we didn't have VHS, now look at what we can enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing, Other World DVD, Nov. 24 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for what it is..., Nov. 15 2001
S. Taber (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I was hoping this DVD would be a lot more enjoyable than it is. I don't know why, but it just doesn't impress me. The picture quality is good, but it's a DVD so it should be. Other than that there's not much of interest. Maybe the fish were having an off day when they were filmed? I found the music tracks ("Meditation" and "Relaxation") rather annoying. The sound effects tracks are ok, but the "Bubbles" soundtrack doesn't sound like a fish tank to me...it's too busy and too noisy. The setup that I like the most (or dislike the least) is the Classic tank with the Bubbles soundtrack. That seems to be the closest to having a real tank in your living room. If you are really serious about getting into the world of fish, then get a real tank. If you really want to learn about fish then buy a book. If you just want a mildly entertaining maintenance free fish tank in your living room then get this DVD.

1.0 out of 5 stars Aquaria The Freshwater Aquarium, Nov. 6 2003
Bernard Perzyk, Ph.D. (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
What a waste of time, money and effort! This must be the worst screensaver ever made! It looks like the screensaver was made by an 8 year old kid with a very cheap and old camcorder! Rarely in focus; this screensaver is just plain junk. I really don't know how this ended up on the retail market! Don't buy this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive w/out a hassle!, Feb. 15 2003
T. Turner (Woods Cross, UT) - See all my reviews
While I can understand the former response regarding the realism of this DVD, I will have to say that if a real aquarium is what you want, this DVD comes close, but is no substitute. If your goal, however, is to have a relaxing moving picture to brighten up your dark square, this DVD is awesome! There is a slight bit of cloudiness, but not enough to warrant a "pass" on this opportunity.
Unfortunately, the new age/mood music isn't the best. But, you're not buying this for the music. You're buying this for the visual spectacle. As for the other audio options, the fish tank sound fx are a bit hollow. However, the surround sound ocean waves is VERY good! If you have the option on your receiver, it is better to set the video to the DVD, and have a personal CD as the audio.
I am very happy with this purchase. For a [money] investment, I'm very pleased. Nice work!

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS ITEM - LISTEN TO THE REVIEWS!, Sept. 16 2002
Beleive me, I'm being generous giving them a whole star - if I could figuire out how to give them less than that I would! I should have listened to the other disatisfied customers. The video quality is terrible (no- it's not my Sony Wega 27" TV). It just looked liked someone went to the local Marine Aquarium, paid their [$$$] entrance fee and set a tripod in front of the tank. The lighting is terrible, the music is [poor]. Do I sound upset? You bet I am! I wish I had been smart enough to rent a camcoder and call myself a movie maker! I am willing to venture all the other Aquaria volumes in this series are equally as [poor]. Why else would the price fall from close to [$$$] to under [$$$] in only about a year?
My advice, save your money and just buy a real fishtank!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›