2,742 Reviews
 (2,054)

5.0 out of 5 stars Matrix Steel book
This steel book is easily one of the best steel books out there. I'd recommend to anyone who collects steel books, to add this to his/her collection.
Published 1 month ago by Mikki Deleary

3.0 out of 5 stars Crafty filmmaking lacking substance
In this movie, the Wachowskis obviously have a ball working out the technical details of the photography and the digital effects. There's a nice gloss and attention to detail that's lacking in many other films. The brothers have an eye for small details, such as reflections and color tints. What The Matrix lacks is any real intelligence. As an synthesis of comic books,...
Published on Feb. 29 2004 by Vstmxo

5.0 out of 5 stars Matrix Steel book, March 15 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars A Modern Classic, Feb. 21 2014
For me this movie is now already a classic. I previously owned this title on DVD, and surprisingly, I noticed less improvement going from the DVD to the Blu-ray than other titles. Why is this? Well, the original DVD was anamorphic with excellent mastering, if also looks quite good when upscaled and has a pretty good surround mix. All that said, the blu-ray is impressive. Watching both back to back I noticed better color, better resolution and more defined sound. I am still not sure whether it was really worth the cost to upgrade to blu-ray in this case, but I do know for certain that I now have 2 DVD copies of the Matrix to get rid of versus the one I have previously (my old copy, plus the one from this Blu-ray + DVD combo package).

I would like to add one more thing, for those who have not yet seen this movie, the great story and excellent picture and and sound makes this a five star rating. For those that already have the DVD, it is a 3 star. Therefore, I give it a 4 start overall rating

5.0 out of 5 stars Very different when it was originally released, Jan. 20 2014
Steven Aldersley (Oshawa, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
When The Matrix was released in 1999, it gave audiences something new. Some of the ideas had been used before, but the overall combination had not. It can be viewed as a cool action/sci-fi movie or as something a lot deeper.

Thomas Anderson/Neo (Keanu Reeves) has a regular job working in an office cubicle, but searches online for the identity of someone when he's at home. One day, his computer communicates with him by text messages and his life is forever changed. After following suggestions made by the messages, he meets Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) and Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss).

Morpheus gives Neo a choice and shows him how the world really is. It's been taken over by sentient forms of artificial intelligence and humans are nothing more than fuel. Human life no longer exists in the sense that we know it. Instead, experiences are artificially created in the minds of the imprisoned humans. Morpheus and a small group offer Neo the chance to fight back.

After the initial setup, we see Neo undergoing his training. Morpheus and his crew are able to impart knowledge of any kind within seconds by loading information directly into Neo's brain. We see him learn many different martial arts and his skills are tested in a fight with Morpheus. Success depends on Neo's belief in his ability rather than actual physical prowess. He's capable of jumping huge distances and moving at speeds which aren't possible in the world as we know it.

Morpheus leads a fight against the A.I.'s and believes that Neo is The One, as predicted in a phrophecy. If true, Neo might have the ability to liberate all humans and allow them to live real lives.

Action scenes are frequent and use slow motion to emphasize some of the moves. It's a cool effect and is part of the reason that The Matrix is one of the most popular science fiction movies ever made. As I mentioned earlier, it can be viewed as something deeper. It's up to you whether you see it as a comment on religion or on life itself. It's definitely a movie which can be enjoyed on more than one level.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD came quickly and arrived in great shape. Pricing was fantastic, Jan. 4 2014
This review is from: The Matrix (Widescreen) (DVD)
Missing Link to my set of Matrix Movies. Pricing was fantastic. Easy to find on the site and order. Came quickly and in perfect shape

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Action Movie, Dec 18 2013
The Matrix is one of my favorite movie. I like the action, Mandarin's action fight with Hollywood taste. The bullet time is awsome....

5.0 out of 5 stars Matrix rocks, Sept. 12 2013
I had never seen the matrix in theatres or ever on blurry and it is so good surround sound I can't believe how awesome it was

5.0 out of 5 stars a hardware review..., Aug. 27 2013
I'm not going to review the film, since most people have already seen or at least know the plot.

It's not true 1920 x 1080, but it does appear to be very close. (The only reason I know is because I work in television).

The shipment came ahead of schedule (only took 3 days).

Unfortunately I cannot comment on the quality of translation, for I do not speak French, but this is definitely worth the money
!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st order awesome!!! <3, Aug. 25 2013
This review is from: The Matrix (Widescreen) (DVD)
My disc was in great condition and arrived on time, sooner then I expected actually... The movie was the amazing, eye-opening story of our world being a fake matrix with "The One" coming to save us and set us free, just as I remembered it to be!!! If you like fantasy, action, and deep-thinking storyline, such as Morpheus' challenge "Do you think that's air you're breathing?" this is a must-get for you!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for your movie collection., June 20 2013
Great price! The Matrix collection is a must have for Home Theater gurus that like great surround sound and action.

5.0 out of 5 stars A World Without Borders or Boundaries..., March 27 2013
This review is from: The Matrix (Widescreen) (DVD)
I consider this movie to be one of the greatest sci-fi movies of all time, right up there with the first two 'Alien' movies and various anime like 'Cyber City: Oedo', 'Ghost in the Shell' (which played a role in inspiring this movie), and 'Akira'. Being the hardcore anime fan that I am, I found 'The Matrix's' style very appealing and fun to watch. Everyone fit their roles perfectly in this movie; despite the fact that I'm not a fan of any of them (except Hugo Weaving), Keanu Reeves was much more likeable and believable than Will Smith would have ever been (he was originally considered to play the role of Neo, but he himself turned it down because 'he wasn't a serious enough actor'. I like Will Smith, but I totally agree with him). And let's not forget Hugo Weaving's brilliant performance as Agent Smith. Like this movie, I consider Hugo Weaving to be one of the greatest things to have ever come into existence. He has maintained his status of being the highlight in the entire Matrix franchise, alongside the action sequences that are nothing short of amazing.
Now, many people complain about the middle of this movie up until the point where Neo sees a deja-vu cat to be super-boring, but I disagree, and I tell them to open their damn ears and listen to what the characters were saying so that they are so frigging confused later on, because everything that's said in the movie is said with a purpose. Not to mention, everything that's said is actually very interesting.
"Whoa."
Anyway, I'll be closing this review by highly recommending it to any sci-fi lover who's been crazy enough to NOT view it yet. This movie is like the 'Pulp Fiction' of... well... science fiction.
***** out of *****

ARRAY(0xaece2330)

The Matrix (Widescreen)
The Matrix (Widescreen) by Lana Wachowski (DVD - 1999)
CDN$ 15.83