5.0 out of 5 stars "Brooke MemorieS My Island Girl"
Published on March 7 2004 by dawnpatrolrockermark

3.0 out of 5 stars Blue Lagoon is a minor jump into the tropical Pool!
In this remake of the 1949 movie drama.
Ms.Brooke Shields and Mr.Christopher Atkins play two teens.
Who are marooned on a South Sea isle.Who are trying to cope
with their repressed sexual disires and their navie'outlook
on life.
The two actors playing their characters of "Em"and "Richard"as two overgrown children.Who play and they are unable...
Published on Oct. 26 2003 by Kevin S.Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars "Brooke MemorieS My Island Girl", March 7 2004
"dawnpatrolrockermark" (1313 wednesday ricci lane) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Blue Lagoon (DVD)
I had seen this movie in theater on its day of release..June 20 1980..In matter of fact at the very first showing..I was then a month away from 14..And like every boy my age i was captivated by this young teen beauty..Still as captivating today as it was then..To say this film is beautifully filmed is a massive understatement..And the DvD only heightens the exsperiance..I still wish they would release the original i believe from the 1940s..It is said that this is somewhat based on a true story of 2 children a boy and a girl who become stranded on a island..And grow up there together..When they hit teenage years they fall in love..There was much scandel about this being their age..But what these so called critics failed to mention in all that hoopla is that they grew up on the island..And didn't know how to deal with things such as puberty & sex..So they depended on their God given instincts..The movie is well acted by both Brooke and Christopher..And is a 1980s must if you are a collector of 80s movies..But sad to say there is some drawbacks on dvd *none of which are the movie itself..The movie is more then 5 stars*..And the scene of Brooke's Midnight Hour Swim in the Moonlight is erotic and i remember just heightened how much i was into her back in 1980..This scene is more then pure Magic and Mystical..
Pure Fantasy at its finest..As Brooke swims laser lights dance with her in the water..Now that is what you call Paradise a Oasis..And listen to Brooke's commentary for more secrets about that ever CLASSIC scene..
They are involved with the extras..The "Original Featurette" is in very pitiful terrible shape..And worse yet when it plays it stays on the "title" fuction so you can't even check into the running time of the featurette..The featurette is soooo hard to watch coz of the poor quality i never got more then 3 minutes into it..It looks like the footage is 100 years old..Shame on them for calling this a featurette..This great movie deserves soooo much better then this..The same with the "Theatrical Trailor" even though that did bring back memories of seeing that same trailor back in 1980 and it then made us know about the movie and the following weekend went to see it..And it is one of those double sided dvds which i find to be a real pain..They are hard to take care of ect ect ect..But don't let this all stop you from seeing this great film..
But there is some great extras too..There are 2 different commentaries that you can listen to while viewing the film..1 is with Christopher and the other one is with Brooke..Wish they would have had them together instead of separate..Both comm are very fun to listen to..And the memories they share are priceless as well..They try to make you feel like you were there with them..Listen to both mostly the Brooke one *which of course is my fav*..
I wish they would rerelease this in the theater coz to see it again on the big silver screen would be the ultimate..1980 was a year of 2 movies like that "Windwalker" and this movie..Filmwork at its finest..Get this dvd and relive the Magic..If you never seen it get it and be introduced to a 1980s movie that set the decade..And meet Brooke at Midnight In The Oasis..I Know I WiLL..

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable movie to watch, Feb. 7 2004
This review is from: The Blue Lagoon (DVD)
Contrary to the previous postings infomation they do not die at the end; in fact it's clearly stated that they're 'sleeping' and not dead.
Very enjoyable film even 24 years after it was originally made.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a Friend..., May 30 2013
Leah-S - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Blue Lagoon (DVD)
My friend asked me to order this for her as she's a fan of the book & the movie.

She said the DVD works well, there were no issues. Overall she told me to give it a 4/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars ATKINS & SHIELDS - BOTH GREAT, July 19 2004
Henning Sebastian Jahre "Judy-Viv" (Oslo, Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Blue Lagoon (DVD)
I remember that it was banned in Oslo when it came in 1980, but we saw it out of town hehehe. The DVD is perfect. The cinematgraphy and music as good as it gets. The film was dissected by critics, but I think at the time it was strong stuff to see sexual frankness from a major Hollywood studio. Christopher Atkins and Brooke Shields are both at their best in this film. It is the perfect film for two people in the beginning of their love-affair.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tale of Natual Love-Brooke Shields finest, Feb. 23 2003
justine ryan (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Blue Lagoon (DVD)
The Blue Lagoon is a true classic, never have I seen a film shot as beautifully as this one. It is a true story about natual love, the discovery of one's self, their bodies, their confusing feelings for one another as they hit man and womanhood. This film deals with a lot of issues- growing up on their own on a deserted island, their sexuality, masterbation, menstration, sex,parenthood. This film is wonderful. Never have I really seen a film that's not set in civillisation but is so entertaining for one but the story is just beautiful, and Brooke Shields as Emmeline and Christopher Atkins as Richard are fantastic. The musical score is truely beautiful and makes me feel a range of emotions. The first time I saw this film I was so fasinated by it, and was about the same age as the characters so I could relate to some of the emotions they were going through, the confusion of everything. Anyone thinking about buying this film-Go for it- You woun't regret it. As for the fans who have loved this film throught out the years, it was worth the wait. The Extras on the DVD are excellent. The two commentaries are very informative and I love listening to the Brooke Shields track and hearing her insight about the film and that time the film came out. It's also interesting looking at her own personal photo album and the featurette from 1980 is very interesting.This film will always be one of my favourites.-Brooke Shields is just beautiful and is one of the best actress' of her generation.

5.0 out of 5 stars This film should be hailed as a classic, Nov. 18 2001
This review is from: Blue Lagoon, the (VHS Tape)
After things don't go like they should, a boy and a girl get stranded on an island in the South Seas. The two children are forced to stay together for years on the island with no other place to go. As you might imagine, once these two reach their teenage years, they might begin to feel a little differently about each other.
I was born the year this movie was made and I grew up watching it a lot of times. When I was a teenager, I never really paid much attention to the movie itself because I was head over heels for Brooke Shields. Now that I'm grown, I decided to watch it again and see if it was really as terrible of a movie as I've always heard it was.
Sure, the movie is somewhat controversial and it's not all that deep plot-wise, but to be honest, I still like this movie a lot.
In my opinion, "The Blue Lagoon" had and still has a lot going for it. For one, I don't see why everybody cuts down Brooke Shields for her horrible acting. Granted she's not the best actress in the world, but I don't think she did that bad of a job. Another thing, I saw that the movie doesn't concentrate hardly at all on how the couple actually survives for years on the island, it's mainly just a movie about two teens who fall in love on a seemingly deserted island. But that's all the makers intended for this movie to be about, it's not supposed to be much of a story of survival. It kept me interested the entire two hours and I never got bored at all.
Finally, I've always heard about "The Blue Lagoon" winning the 1980 award for best cinematography, and I can see why. Throughout the movie, there are several captivating underwater sequences along with the views of the island itself and the ocean. Equally as impressive is the film's musical score. The music couldn't have been any better for the parts of the movie that it signifies.
If you like great movies and if you can tolerate watching a classic romance/drama film, do yourself a favor and purchase "The Blue Lagoon." I really don't see why many people throughout the years have bashed it flatter than a slice of cheese because it's a great movie, and in my book, it's a classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, July 19 2004
Henning Sebastian Jahre "Judy-Viv" (Oslo, Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Blue Lagoon (DVD)
The film was dissected by most critics, but I have always enjoyed it. The stars; Christopher Atkins and Brooke Shields shine in their youthful beauty and performances. The movie was banned in Oslo when it opened in 1980, but it played to full houses in the provinces. The docu on this DVD is good, but the sound is not on par with the movie.
I think the critics at the time was embaressed by its sensual frankness and therefor tried to "kill it". It was a huge hit though and still is a film you should see with your loved-one:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Celebration of emotions, March 10 2004
Pratap (Delhi, India) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Blue Lagoon (DVD)
What if a man is not influenced by any thoughts of others and stays totally isolate of all human hypocrisy? What if a man has only nature around him and nothing else to prejudice his sense of right and wrong? This is exactly what this movie is all about.
Two children, stranded in an island, form their own set of ethics and morals...as they have to with no adults around. Their lives, as the Director wishes to convey, are a voyage of discovery. They discover the best food to survive on, they discover the places they should not visit, they discover adoloscence, they discover the rebellion of the teenage, they discover love, they discover passion, they discover the joys of family and finally, the irony of life. They have nothing to influence their discovery and that, in itself makes the movie an adventure and enchanting.
This is one movie that's a must in all collections.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Movie, March 5 2004
Quynhnhu Tran (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Blue Lagoon (DVD)
I was like 10 when I first watch this movie. I rememeber I loved it so much. now ten years later, I watch the movie again. I must admit the acting isn't exactly perfect but for newcomers, they tried their best. I still love. The love scene seems a bit forceful though. I guess its because it is an old movie. I would still recommend to those who haven't seen this movie to go out and buy or rent it. you won't regret it. two beautiful teenagers stranded on a beautifu deserted island, what more can you ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars PRETTY GOOD, Feb. 16 2004
Linda K. Paff (USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Blue Lagoon (DVD)
I saw this movie several years ago when I was a lot younger. I remember I liked it quite a bit but was sad in the end when I thought they had eaten the poisonous berries and died. Now I guess according to some reviewers they were not really dead?--Well I hope that's the case but I guess it really doesn't matter either way. Brooke Shields is absolutely beautiful in this movie and does a wonderful job in this role played opposite Christopher Atkins (who is not too bad himself.)It's basically about 2 kids (a boy and a girl)that accidentally get left behind on an Island and end up growing up there together. Since they hadn't learned much about sexuality prior to their being stranded there they have to discover it for themselves. And before too much longer there is a baby!---Much to their surprise! The neat thing about the movie besides the beatiful Brooke and the beautiful secenery is that it is about the innocence of two young children and how they have to make it on their own on a deserted island. We get to see some of the things they go through (some of their "growing up"). It makes for an intersting movie that is somewhat stimulating if I may say so. It's a neat story with some great footage. Everyone should see it at least once. I have just ordered a copy so I can watch it again. And again...and again..... You really should see this one for yourself.

The Blue Lagoon
The Blue Lagoon by Randal Kleiser (DVD - 1999)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 8.03