5.0 out of 5 stars I`ve seen over all 265 episodes. i plan a head.
Published on April 17 2001 by John Frink

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't live up to Songs in the Key of Springfield at all.
Published on Sept. 2 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars I`ve seen over all 265 episodes. i plan a head., April 17 2001
John Frink (Weston, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons (Audio CD)
This cd is great. I love Apu and the jolly bengali theme.When you see the mr.Plow episode you will laugh at Linda Rondstat and also Adam West guest stars in this.And the garbage men song with U2. In a lot of songs(or only 2 at least) they have a little Kelsey Grammer. You can tell who sings Whip it,Lollypop,And I want candy(twice.) Also Fox forgot some songs such as: Martin Prince singing Frank Sinatras Summer wind.( from Bart of darknes.) The Kids song (from Wild Barts can`t be broken.)Bart singing Jingle bells.( from Simpsons roasting on an open fire.) Cindy Lauper singing the star spangeled banner( from Wild Barts can`t be broken.)But Poochie is enough to start MY day. You can tell the diffrence about Lisa and Lisas replacement in the Simpson family smile time variety hour.The Ramones were mean to mr.Burns but 2 years later somebody shot him. MAGGIE!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha.Why would a baby shoot a 104 year old man? A brief speaking is at the end of this cd about the preparations for mr.Burns birthday=the Ramones insulting him=Homer mooning him.Oh this cd is cool. Whew i`m bored. This message is dedacated to the memory of dr. Shaner and Joey Ramone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny.... and good-quality music, too, Feb. 4 2001
This review is from: Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons (Audio CD)
After wanting this CD for months, I finally caved and bought it. I don't know what took me so long- after all, I own the first one as well, and love it.
My first reaction to this compilation was pretty much the same reaction I had to the first CD: "People who don't watch this show aren't going to get much out of this album." Although that might be true (I would love to give it to somebody who has never seen the show, just to see if they find it funny), I then realized two things: 1. People who purchase this CD are most likely die-hard fans already anyway, and 2. Listening to these songs out of context actually forces you to appreciate how good this music really is. Considering how quickly much of it had to be composed and performed to meet deadlines, you couldn't ask for sharper lyrics or for crisper instrumentation.
That said, I do have a few (minor) gripes. The demo version of "The Garbageman" may include lyrics that didn't make it to the TV show, but it's only a few short lines that were cut.... not really enough, in my opinion, to warrant putting this version on the CD. I'm not really sure why they felt the need to put "Senor Burns" on here either, since it was on the first disc, albeit in a shorter version. Finally, I thought this CD didn't "flow" the way the first one did, chronologically or musically. I can see how that would have happened, though... they obviously found a few tracks ("Union Strike Folk Song", for example) that missed the first disc for some reason, and were put on this one instead.
Overall, an excellent album. My personal highlights include "Those Were the Days", "Cut Every Corner", "The Garbageman" (the final version), "Canyonero", "Everyone Loves Ned Flanders", and "The Land of Chocolate".

5.0 out of 5 stars The Music That is Loved by All!, Dec 29 2000
I. Hsieh (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons (Audio CD)
The greatest thing I love about The Simpsons is how easily it can be brought up in conversations (at least with my group of friends). A short line can bring a smile and a laugh to everyones face. That is the magic that this special show has brought to all who love it.
This CD is the second Simpsons music CD. The first being "The Simpsons: Songs in the Key of Springfield." I personally believe that the music that Alf Clausen creates is the very soul of the show. When you listen to this CD is has music that often contains short clips from the show. The memories of those episodes flood back and you cannot help but laugh...loudly. This is a wonderful CD to play a parties or any "get-togethers". A sure fire way to break the ice.
The CD has all the music from the show starting from where the first CD left off and ending off around the 8th season of the show. That is a lot of music. The CD insert has a nice blurb from Alf Clausen and he discusses how the music is composed and comments about some of the songs on the CD. This is an all around high quality CD. Worth purchasing for yourself or the Homer or Bart in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Musical Compilation From The Simpsons Yet!, Oct. 5 2000
This review is from: Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons (Audio CD)
This release is Light Years ahead of the last release (Songs In The Key of Springfield) for 3 Simple Reasons: 1. Not as many nagging & repetitive (but still well done and nice to listen to) end themes to worry about! 2. Fewer Non-Simpson Songs (Capitol City and those Bleeding Gums tracks, technically Simpson characters but I was tempted to skip to see what funny songs were next) 3. Unreleased Material and more of my most Favorite Tracks. No offense, but when I listened to the first disc there was a tiny feeling of disappointment. When I heard there was a second disc, I thought it would be similar. I was dead wrong! I am what you would call a music lover, especially when it comes to humorous music. I love Funny Songs. The first disc was funny at times but there were too many instrumental tracks for me to get into the Simpson Mood. I felt that it lacked the personal Simpson's charm that is so well represented in "Simpsonic". "The Simpsons Sing The Blues" is a great disc as well and is better than the first disc, but I prefer Simpsonic. If I had to choose between the 3 of them, it would be a landslide...I guess I've gone Simpsonic!

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't live up to Songs in the Key of Springfield at all., Sept. 2 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons (Audio CD)
I think the main problem with this CD is that they tried to cram in as much material as possible, which didn't nessicarily work. A good example of this is Lisa's Sax and All Singing, All Dancing. These two tracks are from episodes that were centered around new music, and if put on CD, would probabyl take up a full disks' worth. Too much of the funny bits are left out of it, and you're left with only a snippet (in partiular, Apu's line "For no reason heres Apu" is left off the CD, which was the best part of the entire Lisa's Sax set).
The rest of the CD is very hit and miss. Most of the good ending variations are found on the previous disk, although you do get Sonic Youth's take on it here. I still wish they included the hockey stadium organ version on here though. A few of the songs you'll have to REALLY know your Simpson's history since they were taken out from the syndication airings.
Overall, I was disappointed in this album, and I'm still hoping they release a 3rd volume of Simpsons' music, including on it whatever is missing from this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for Simpsons fans!, July 2 2000
MC (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons (Audio CD)
This is an absolute must have for fans of the 'Simpsons' series. This is on par with, and in my opinion slightly better than, the other 'Simpsons' album "Songs in the Key of Springfield," though I highly recommend both. However, be aware of the Simpsons' CDs which contain songs not produced for the television show.
The songs themselves are crisp and in stereo. When dialogue occurs between character, it will switch between left and right audio. One thing I did notice, however, is that they removed some parts from the songs. One example is in track 32 "Plow King - Linda Rondstadt/Barney/Moe." In the television series, Homer spits out his drink upon hearing the commercial, but on the CD this is not heard. But there are very few examples of these and I believe these are the actual songs used on the television show and not re-recordings made specially for this CD.
The book that comes with it give a brief description of which episode the song comes from.
I should note that one of the songs on the CD, track 51 "Garbageman, The - (previously unreleased, Long Demo version)" is not sung by the regular cast. I did not like this at first but when I played the whole song I realized why they released this song with a different group singing it. There are a few extra lines which were supposed to be sung by Milhouse but never made it to the final cut of the episode.
I highly recommend this song to any Simpsons fan, both the fanatic, and the casual watcher.

4.0 out of 5 stars They Put the Sound in Soundtracks, Jan. 23 2000
This review is from: Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons (Audio CD)
Most people will agree that The Simpsons is the wittiest, most timely, and enjoyable show on television. It pokes fun at the drab monotonous sitcoms were used to, but still doesn't take itself to seriously either. One of the greatest strengths of the show is its huge cast of characters, each with its own personality. Almost every one gets a chance to shine on this CD. Troy McClure, Patty and Selma, Skinner and Chalmers, the Flanders, etc.
Everything is made fun of. My personal favorite is the parody of banal Saturday morning cartoons, "The Itchy+Scratchy+Poochie Theme" and "Poochie Rap".
There are two shortcomings which can't be avoided, though. First, you miss the hilarious visuals that accompany the music. The strongest case is the "Mr.Sparkle Commercial". I nearly died laughing when I saw the bit when Homer found his face on a Japanese box of laundry detergent that "banishes dirt to the land of wind and ghosts". Seeing Homer's head float around and yell at housewives admiring his awsum powa and yelling SHEEEENOOOOOKKEEEEE WHAAAAAZOOOOO!
The second thing is that comedy albums tend to fall flat after a while. The upside is that this CD has pretty strong staying power.
The parody of Mary Poppins is priceless in Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala (annoyed grunt) cious. Annoyed grunt is what the script puts down for "D'ho"

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 gems still missing!, Nov. 5 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons (Audio CD)
First off, this and the first "real show" CD are both priceless. The Simpsons remains the best show on TV and we all know it is more than just a cartoon. I do not own the other song oriented CD's and I really don't want them, they don't have the same charm as these.
BUT (a huge Homer size but), there are still 2 glaring, unforgivable omissions.
#1 - The whole family singing "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer" at the end of the very first show! Hilarious, WHERE IS IT? Sure you can wait for the few times that one is shown during the year and try to record it, but the idiots who run the stations always choose to run their voiceovers for upcoming shows over it.
#2 - Homer singing Steve Millers "The Joker", this was in one of the flashback shows while Homer was driving along in his car. And at the end of that episode a longer version is played over the end credits, same problem.
I would happily pay for a CD single of those 2 alone, can anyone explain why these were left off? Mr. Burns would not say Excellent to this!
Otherwise, buy these CD's and enjoy the Simphony!

4.0 out of 5 stars I LAUGHED, I CRIED..., Nov. 2 1999
Scott Lahti (North Berwick, Maine) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons (Audio CD)
...and then I listened to this CD. What a hilarious trip - with virtually every beloved Simpsons character from Ned Flanders to Mr. Smithers making a star turn on this nonstop collection of musical-comedy parodies, with many numbers done to the melodies of TV-show themes past, with lyrics chocablock with references both popcult and esoteric (my favorite from the first half of this disc was a lyrical nod to "the extra arms of Vishnu"), this collection belongs in the Christmas stocking of every honorary Springfieldite on your list. The CD, like the show that inspired it, embodies the American pop culture of our time at its best: refusing to take itself seriously, fondly reworking popcult motifs of years and decades past, and cracking a rancor-free, politically-incorrect equal-opportunity-offender whip upon the humorless and self-important in every sphere, GO SIMPSONIC WITH THE SIMPSONS deserves to be the runaway CD hit of the 1999 holiday season. Make sure not to lend your copy - you may not see it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars "I'd just like to say this gig [stinks]!", March 5 2003
This review is from: Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons (Audio CD)
While not quite as good as "Songs in the Key of Springfield," this one gets an extra star both for the Ramones' take on "Happy Birthday" for the clueless Mr. Burns and, of course, the hilarious "Rappin' Ronnie Reagan."
Burns: [nodding at the Ramones] "Have the Rolling Stones killed."
Smithers: "Sir, those aren't..."
Burns [emphatically, with menace]: "DO AS I SAY!"
Of course, very honorable mention goes to the entire "Cape Feare" sequence, as Kelsey Grammer's Sideshow Bob does a very droll set of selections from "H.M.S. Pinafore" and other Gilbert & Sullivan light operetta hits--as a desperate Bart tries to keep him too busy & preoccupied with this to get around to killing him.
Bart (chorus): "What never? No never! What never? Hardly ever! He's hardly ever sick at sea!"
So, in general, I like this CD. It brings a grin to my face while I listen to at home or at work.

Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons
Go Simpsonic With the Simpsons by Brian Langsbard (Audio CD - 1999)