5.0 out of 5 stars DRE at his best
people are crazy saying that chronic 2001 is bad, this is definitly a cd that can been known as one of the greatest rap albums ever made. you can tell that dr.dre put all his effort into making the beats and the lyrics in the album.
Published on Jan. 5 2006 by redeyez420

3.0 out of 5 stars Dr.Dre 2001
I think that this album is ok, but for sure, Dr.Dre can't touch Eazy E. I like the songs F*** You, Still Dre, and the next episode, but if you want some real gangsta rap, than just pick up an Eazy E album.
Published on July 10 2004 by Cold 187um

5.0 out of 5 stars DRE at his best, Jan. 5 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Album, could be better on lp, Jan. 15 2014
This review is from: Chronic 2001 (2LP) (LP Record)
5/5 as long as sound quality is there which it is, 100% flawless.. i wish they had the lp open up or have some dre pictures and artwork and stuff. seems kind of cheap when there is just the 2 lp's stuffed in the sleeve. especially when at my local record store is 49.99 too (i got it on here)

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, May 27 2003
This review is from: Chronic 2001 (Audio CD)
Forget about who?? DRE, that's WHO! No matter how many wannabees or other real deals come up, Dr. Dre will still be listened to years from now as possibly the most influential person the rap industry has ever seen. We all know that Dre has been writing beats for Eminem and others while not doing much rhyming himself, but he is still boss when he spits it himself.
Dre 2001 has been out for awhile now, but for some stupid reason, I did not buy it until recently. No matter how much new rap I buy, Dre 2001 still is in the front row of my CD collection in the car. And it's not just Dre's raps that make this CD great, it's the wonderful compilation of the talent of other rappers joining in on Dre's classic beats that make this album really shine. Xzibit and Eminem highlight my favorite song of the album, "What's the Difference." And of course, Snoop Dogg makes appearances on this album, most excellently in the well-played "Next Episode" and "Still Dre."
There are countless other good songs on this album, including "The Watcher", "Forget about Dre", "Housewife", "Ackrite", ....wait a minute, I'm listing all the songs here.
Then again, that's the incredible final point about Dre 2001: every song on this album is listenable. It's one of those rare albums that you'll pop in your car CD player, and listen to from beginning to end. I sure hope this isn't Dr. Dre's last album, but if it is, he'll at least have convinced the world not to "forget about Dre."

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest CD of All Time, Aug. 12 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Chronic 2001 (Audio CD)
This is the best cd ever. No other artists/producer can top this. Dre is a legend!

5.0 out of 5 stars What I Thought Of Dr Dre 2001, June 6 2005
This review is from: Chronic 2001 (Audio CD)
This Album is wicked. This Is One Of My Favorite Albums It Has Some Wicked Tracks Like Forgot About Dre Feating Eminem, What's The Difference Feating Xzibit and Eminem And The Next Episode Feating Snoop Dogg And Nate Dogg.Get It.

5.0 out of 5 stars F*cking Incredible, Feb. 26 2005
This review is from: Chronic 2001 (Audio CD)
This cd is a Classic. Dre delivers some sick beats. I suggest you go out and get this album.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dr.Dre 2001, July 10 2004
Cold 187um (Sacremento, CA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST DR. DRE !!!!!!!, July 10 2004
"0phylus0" (cleveland, oh usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chronic 2001 (Audio CD)
this cd is wayyy better than chronic. a must-buy! songs 5-11 are my favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CD I own, July 4 2004
Daniel M. Tuominen "Culturist" (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chronic 2001 (Audio CD)
I consider myself to have a wide variety of musical tastes. I like Bob Marley, The Clash, Rancid, the musical "Rent" as well as the soundtrack for Oh Brother Where Art Thou. Point is, if I like music, I don't try to hide it. N.W.A.'s "Straight Outta Compton" was the first rap album I bought, when I was in 7th grade. I got really into the N.W.A. family, regardless of feuds and such, who was more popular or not. I was big into oldschool rap for awhile, not really giving the new school a chance, as I could hear it on the radio and it jsut wasnt the same as the good old school stuff.
Public Enemy, Run D.M.C., Wu Tang, N.W.A., and then the solo's from all Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Dr Dre and MC Ren were all great. I loved Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" so much, that I picked this up from eBay for $6, and it changed my views on new school rap. As I've said, I own albums of Bob Marley, The Clash, Rancid, Korn, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sex Pistols,...a wide variety. This album is just so honest and personal that you can't not like it. The beats are sick as well, but I like the whole family aspect of Dr Dre best. He brought Snoop Dogg into the industry, and he revolutionized rap with The Chronic, as well as Straight Outta Compton, and now, a 3rd time, with 2001.
Friends of his died, Eazy-E, Tupac... this CD is a tribute to them. Best CD in existance

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best CD ever made, June 20 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Chronic 2001 (Audio CD)
There is simply no word to describe this CD, it is the best ever made. I have spent easily over 500 hrs listening to it, Every song is a hit with the exception of the last one and some of the skits. Forgot about Dre and Next Episode are just the tip of the Ice berg when you really get into the CD you'll see it too.. If u like or have ever owned a rap CD and dont own this one, you are out of your mind

ARRAY(0xa7a37b28)

Chronic 2001
Chronic 2001 by Dr. Dre (Audio CD - 1999)