5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Vinyl Release.
Published on Nov. 15 2011 by D. Argento

3.0 out of 5 stars Half a deal... not okay with me.
Published on Feb. 9 2012 by BRIAN BOYLE, Thunder Bay, Ont

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Vinyl Release., Nov. 15 2011
D. Argento (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
I'm certainly not one of those people who claim that "everything sounds better on vinyl, just because it's vinyl". I have been disappointed on several occasions upon receiving reissued and/or remastered versions of some of my favourite albums. Everything from poor sound quality to extreme surface noise to awful quality control (when you're spending upwards of $25, I wouldn't expect to receive records with scuffs, scratches and the center hole not completely punched through). That being said, I wouldn't give out a five star rating too easily.
So I love Pink Floyd and when this album became available, I held my breath and ordered it. I'm glad I did. It's awesome in every respect. Sound quality, quality control and the packaging are all superb. Most other manufacturers could learn a few things from this exceptional release. If you like Floyd, get it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars For The Record, Three For The Box Set., Nov. 13 2011
Stephen Bieth (Mississauga/ Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Well I still don't know what everybody got bent out of shape about the Dark Side Of The Moon box set. Yes there was lots of crap in the box besides the CD's and DVD's but you did get 3cd's, 2 DVD's and a Blu ray for $100.00 which is not a bad deal. However the same can't be said for Wish You Were Here. The WYWH box set comes with the remastered album and one bonus CD with a couple of live tracks and a couple of alt. takes. A DVD that containd 5.1 mixes and one that says it's for the visuals but the only thing it has is the screen films used on the tour. Then a Blu ray with the same content as the DVD's but at a higher sampling rate. So basicly what you get is two CD's and a couple of 5.1 mixes plus all the stuff you don't need in the box set. So in this case not a very good deal. I don't know why they didn't just give us a live CD from the tour.
That being said the 5.1 Blu ray sounds beautiful. You have not heard this album until you hear it in 5.1. The only thing that sucks is that you have to buy the box set to get it. By the way EMI fixed the disc problem that TDSOTH box set had with the disc's coming lose when it's shipped. They now have all the discs in envelops.

3.0 out of 5 stars Half a deal... not okay with me., Feb. 9 2012
I received this box set about two weeks ago and I'm surprised that there aren't more complaints coming in. When ordering a box set I expect too be visually and aurally satisfied for the amount of money spent. I really don't have any complaints about the sound at all- both the Quad & 5.1 mixes on the Blu-ray are outstanding and the Cd's are great also. The problem comes with the Dvd's- one having the Blu-Ray material duplicated, but at a lower resolution. I could understand this being done a few years ago when Blu-Ray players were fairly expensive and not to many people owned them, but now they can be bought for well under a hundred dollars. I can't see myself playing the Dolby Digital compressed version when I have the better version at hand. I suppose for the few people who have 5.1 in there vehicles the Dvd would come in handy. The real complaint is for the second Dvd that is supposed too have 75 minutes of video content on it, when in fact it has only 25 minutes of pictures and animation. I can't believe that there wasn't any live material shot during the 70's that could have been included. Several years ago there was a 30th anniversary Steve Miller-Fly like an eagle package that came out with the remixed and remastered disc in 5.1 & extra songs, interviews and a full concert included. The extras in floyd Disc set are of no real interest too me, so really the cd's and Blu-ray are the only value here and I learned an expensive lesson and won't repeat it with the other immersion sets.

When I bought several Dvd Audio discs I realized there would be only a small amount of video included on the disc but I was fine with that fact. I was bying the disc for the great sound in surround, but when I put out over a hundred dollars I expect the full package deal. I guess I will have too wait for DSOTM & the WALL too come out on Blu-ray in 5.1 and buy them separately. I own DSOTM on sacd, but would still like the Bluray version also & especially the Quad mix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth rebuying if only for disc 2, Nov. 22 2011
I don't usually buy the reeditions of compact discs I already have. In the case of this "Wish You Were Here" experience Edition, disc 2 caught my attention and this was a great way to get the bonus tracks without buying the expensive Immersion boxset.
See, this official release now features the pre-Animals tracks Raving and Drooling (Sheep)and You've Got to be Crazy (Dogs) live, but I'll get back to it.

The Wish You Were here album itself sounds very clear and is a big improvement over the original 1980's cd. The sound is slightly louder, but it's much more defined. Beautiful remastering!

Disc 2 starts with a live version of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" which features the best parts of the song. "Raving and Drooling" and "You've Got to be Crazy" are very good versions of tunes that would feature on the Animals album. "Raving" has a synthsizer solo from Rick Wright which was left out or transformed on Sheep. I have preferred this song over Sheep since I heard it. "Crazy" is not totally as polished as Dogs, but the barebone is there and Roger Waters sings beautifully on his part "and when you lose control...". I own a bootleg called "Dogs ans Sheeps" which is a similar concert from USA. Let me tell you that the sound on the Experience release is much better. The performance is also a notch superior with David Gilmour in top shape voice.

Still on disc 2, "Wines Glasses" sounds like the intro of "Shine On". "Have a Cigar" features Roger and David on vocals and Roy Harper only in the chorus. "Wish you Were Here" has a different guitar intro, excellent sound and violonist Stephane Grappelli provides the end solo. I don't think it fits as good as David's scat vocals over acoustic guitar, but that's a nice version.

The artwork looks very good with high definition pictures. A tremendous improvement over the original cd. Everything is there: flaming man shaking hand, business man on sand dune, flying sheets, crawler in the sand and the 3-fold sleeve has the diver. Booklet includes photos of the band in studio and also Harper.

Quite happy with this purchase. Do you self a pleasure and buy it again. You love it, you'll enjoy it a bit more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8 2014
This review is from: Wish You Were Here (Audio CD)
great

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun to listen to., June 16 2014
Stefan Mischook "Nerd" (Canada) - See all my reviews
Great sound and love the fact there was a DVD and a Bluray in 24bit so I can listen to the album in my car and at home.

Stef

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, May 6 2014
Michael Norman (Whitby, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Fantastic sound from this SACD release wish more discs were remastered like Wish you were here outstanding surround sound. Hope the wall gets similar treatment

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink Floyd, May 5 2014
Great Album what more can you say Pink Floyd Rocks,The Black cover is just an outer jacket. OG record inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5/5, May 3 2014
On the 5.1 surround sound I have at home it sounded fantastic definitely recommend it to who evere is either a pink floyd fan or someone just getting into their music!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, April 24 2014
A must for any Floyd fan. This is a great cut and sound wonderful. Very happy and recommend to any one with a turntable.

Wish You Were Here
Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd (Audio CD - 2000)