march boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on September 26, 2012
I just got this in the mail today and it seems to work very well. Easy to put together, just insert the bit and make sure it's screwed in tight with the set screw, plug it in and you're good to go. It is extremely loud (even when not touching anything) but I imagine all engravers are (I've never used one before). Very simple to figure out. I bought it to engrave my name and phone number on my clipper blades and scissors for grooming. I was able to complete that task very easily using the highest setting and it did exactly as I wanted it to do. It's just like writing with a pen!
on August 31, 2012
The Dremel Electric Engraver is a high quality engraver with a replaceable diamond tip. I have purchased several and found them easy to store, powerful and last forever. I have not seen one burn out. I give them out as wedding gifts, and people have often told me it's the most handy thing to have in your house.
on January 19, 2014
Don't have any complaints so far. Basically plug and play anyone can learn to use it and can engrave almost any surface. I would recommend using the provided template since I tend to engrave like a 6 year old freehand. Can speak to the longevity of the bit since I have not had it that long but you can find they pretty much anywhere.
on July 5, 2015
Works great, but the manufacturer really hard-tightened the lock-screw, so it was a real pain to get it unscrewed to fit-in the engraver tip. Here's my tip: use mighty-gripper rubber cloth to turn your screwdriver to unscrew it!
on February 26, 2014
Dremel engraver works great on everything from plastic, wood and metal. Would recommend to anyone for personal or professional use. Can also purchase tips with carbide or diamond point.
on December 29, 2014
Screw that keeps the tip in keeps loosening itself to the point it falls out. Super annoying.
on April 24, 2013
received it very quick after placing an order...price is the key factor in this case, for the exact same product at homedepot - they were selling it for $40
on February 20, 2015
Set screw to hold bits in was broken. Tip does protrude through the template, provided in the package, far enough to engrave anything.
on October 24, 2014
the screw to hold the bit won't
work
on November 27, 2011
This engraver works really well. gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because I had quite a bit of trouble getting the needle piece in

Pros:
-very comfortable
-nice grip makes it feel like your just holding a heavier pen
-easy to engrave with just get some scrap stuff to practice a few times on first
-build quality seems pretty good should last you a long time
-After engraving a ton of stuff the needle tip was still sharp just like new
-letter and number template looks nice decent quality, but seems like a hassle to use instead of just writing like a pen

Cons:
-Its quite loud, I ended up engraving on my carpet instead of my workbench because the carpet dampens the sound
-I had to use a lot of force to get the needle in, seemed like there was a tiny piece of metal blocking the needle from going all the way in, i had to make the needle point go in first and lightly hammer the blunt end until it pushed the metal scrap down. (I might have just got a slightly faulty up one but I fixed it, and it works fine, but it loses 1 star because of that)