5.0 out of 5 stars All The Way... A Decade Of Song (1999)
Published on June 21 2004 by Chad DeFeo

3.0 out of 5 stars Her Best Hits...and Then Unnecessary Tracks
Published on Feb. 3 2002 by Troy Hartle

5.0 out of 5 stars All The Way... A Decade Of Song (1999), June 21 2004
Ce commentaire est de: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
In 1999, Celine had learned that her husband and manager, Renee Angelil, had become diagnosed with throat cancer. Celine was already considering a two-year break, so she and her husband can start a family of their own and so she can see her own family more often, but after learning of Renee's diagnosis, she decided it was time to stop for two years. In doing so, she released her tenth album, All The Way... A Decade Of Song. This is a 16-track album, where the first nine songs are her English-language greatests hits from 1990 to 1998, while the last seven are new songs. It's an amazing album and only Celine Dion has the voice to sing these songs.
THE POWER OF LOVE
From the album The Colour Of My Love (1993). This was originally recorded by Laura Brannigan back in 1988, but Celine Dion gave us the definitive version. I know that what I am about to say is something that I've said a million times, but I have to say it again: This is another song for my late grandfather, only this time, this song was dedicated to him by my grandmother. The lyrics are perfect for the the two of them because they most definitely had The Power Of Love.
IF YOU ASKED ME TO
From the album Celine Dion (1992). This one has always been one of my favorite Celine songs. It's a classic hit all the way.
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (with Peabo Bryson)
From the original motion picture & soundtrack Beauty And The Beast (1991). From the album Celine Dion (1992). Definitely one of the most romantic Disney songs I've ever heard. Celine and Peabo sing it beautifully.
BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME
From the original motion picture Up, Close, & Personal (1996). From the album Falling Into You (1996). Another beautiful song. This is my mother's dedication to my grandfather and it's the perfect song for her.
IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW (Single Version)
Original version from the album Falling Into You (1996). The album version ran to 7 minutes and 37 seconds, while this version runs to 5 and a half minutes and it is known as a power ballad. Both versions are incredibly beautiful and it's the song that made me a fan.
LOVE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS
From the album Celine Dion (1992). A great song and among the many songs that was written by Diane Warren.
TO LOVE YOU MORE
From the album Let's Talk About Love (1997). I used to love this song, but now I think I wore it out for myself because I don't like it like I used to, but it's still a great song.
MY HEART WILL GO ON
From the original motion picture & soundtrack Titanic (1997). From the album Let's Talk About Love (1997). The Titanic may have sank, but this is a song that cannot sink, no matter how hard you tried to sink it. Her voice has always been known to be one of the most beautiful of voices, but her voice on this one gives Beautiful a whole new meaning.
I'M YOUR ANGEL (with R. Kelly)
From the album These Are Special Times (1998). A beautiful song and another one of my dedications.
THAT'S THE WAY IT IS
New song. Celine has said that she was getting sick and tired of having people write her ballads. She said that she does like ballads and she does enjoy singing them, but she does like up-tempo songs too. Max Martin had written this song with Celine in mind, so when he came to Celine with this song, Celine, excited about it, accepted the offer. It is, indeed, an up-tempo song and a great one.
IF WALLS COULD TALK
New song. Not bad.
THE FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE
New song. Although this is a beautiful song, nobody can do it like Roberta Flack. Roberta's version is the definitive classic.
ALL THE WAY (virtual duet with Frank Sinatra)
New song. This song was originally recorded by Frank Sinatra. Celine had planned to re-record this whole song by herself, but she decided to make it a duet. Being that Frank had already passed on, Celine made this a virtual duet by recording over half of the song he sang and leaving in the other half. She remade this one because it is her and her husband's "song".
THEN YOU LOOK AT ME
New song. Okay.
I WANT YOU TO NEED ME
New song. Diane Warren has written many great songs for Celine, including, Love Can Move Mountains, If You Asked Me To, I Love You Good-Bye, Nothing But My Broken Heart, Real Emotion, Next Plane Out, The Colour Of My Love, & Because You Loved Me. She has written yet another beautiful song for Celine and it's right here.
LIVE
New song. Not bad.
Celine has given us an incredible greatest hits album and all of you should own it. If not, then buy it, you'll enjoy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Celine rocks!, June 2 2004
By A Customer
Ce commentaire est de: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
"All the Way: a Decade of Song" was the last album Celine released before her two year break (Sony did release "The Collector's Series" in 2000). Unlike some reviewers have said, Celine is an artist who can actually sing! I have never heard anyone else who can sing with as much emotion and power like Celine does.
As for the album, it contains many of her biggest hits: "The Power of Love", "To Love You More", "My Heart Will Go On", "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" etc. It's only too bad, we were treated with only the not-so-great radio versions of some of these great songs. However, I do feel that a few of her other 'gems' such as "Water From the Moon" and "All By Myself" should have been put on here in place of some of the weaker newer tracks...hence the reason for the 4 star rating. The best new songs were tracks #10, 12, 14 and 15.
Like one other reviewer wrote, I am also sick and tired of people slamming singers, like Celine, who don't write their own songs. What I would like to know is if these same people slam the many songwriters out there who only write and don't sing. Unfortunately, not every singer was blessed with the ability to compose and write music and not every songwriter out there was blessed with a great singing voice. There are some so-called singers out there who shouldn't be writing their own music...such as Britney, Jessica Simpson and Avril Lavigne.
Celine may not write her own songs, but she certainly knows how to sing. She could teach the Christinas, Jessicas, and Britneys etc out there how it should be done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Work!, Jan. 23 2003
Ce commentaire est de: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
I love this album! It's one of my favorites! Celine has a beautiful and angelic voice...she was born to be a singer! Her voice and songs have so much emotion and love and passion in them! Burning w/ much feeling!
1. "The Power Of Love" (5/5)
2. "If You Asked Me To" (5/5)
3. "Beauty And The Beast (Duet With Peabo Bryson)" (5/5)
4. "Because You Loved Me (Theme From "Up Close And Personal")" (4/5)
5. "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" (3/5)
6. "Love Can Move Mountains" (3/5)
7. "To Love You More" (5/5)
8. "My Heart Will Go On (Theme From "Titanic")" (5/5)
9. "I'm Your Angel (Duet With R. Kelly)" (2/5)
10. "That's The Way It Is" (5/5)
11. "If Walls Could Talk" (5/5)
12. "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" (2/5)
13. "All The Way (Duet With Frank Sinatra)" (4/5)
14. "Then You Look At Me" (5/5)
15. "I Want You To Need Me" (5/5)
16. "Live For The One I Love" (5/5)
Celine is a wonderful Performer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful CD, Feb. 16 2002
Ashley (somewhere in the US) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
As all her other CD's are beautiful, this one is too. I've had this CD since last February 2001. And I love it more now than I did back in February. There are 9 past songs and 7 new ones. Although there are some missing songs like her hit song from her second English-Language Album "Celine Dion" called "Nothing Broken But My Heart" , and her song "Call The Man" which is one of my favorites. Last but not least her song "(If There Was) Any Other Way" (Ohhh Yaaaa) and her song "I Love You, Goodbye". But it is hard to put so much songs on only half of this CD!!! But this is still a good CD to have and to listen to. But if any of yall say which songs should've been added (Like I just did) then buy her past albums instead, cos I did and all I need is her Unison album in the English albums now. I even have all 3 of her French Albums, which are The French Album (1995), S'il Suffisait D'Aimer (1998), and Dion Chante Plamondon (1991). The're all wonderful albums. Anyways my favorite songs on the "All The Way" CD are "That's The Way It Is" , "If These Walls Could Talk" , and "Then You Look At Me"!!! Please buy this CD today, if you love Celine. CELINE YOU RULE, YOU ARE THE BEST SINGER!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good listen...but missing something!, Feb. 5 2002
Eric Smith (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
Yes I have to admit that I enjoy the sappiness of the Pop/Adult Contemporary artist Celine Dion. I have three of her albums and this one includes all of her hits and then some new songs. I would be totally Ok with the CD if it had more stuff on the hits part and not so many new songs. She should have included "All By Myself" and "Where Does My Heart Beat Now." I also think she should have included the extended versions of "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" and "To Love You More." But overall the album is generally good and memorable. Starting out in the early 90s, Celine Dion took the pop world by storm with these hits. I like every single one of the hit songs on the album, including the most recent "That's The Way It Is." Overall if you're looking for a Celine Dion album which includes her most popular stuff with a little bit of new material then this one is for you, though I don't care much for some of the new songs (could be just me).

3.0 out of 5 stars Her Best Hits...and Then Unnecessary Tracks, Feb. 3 2002
Troy Hartle (Bellefonte, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
When I first heard that Celine Dion was going to release a collection of her greatest hits in 1999, I was thrilled. Over the past three years, I had really come to enjoy her songs on the radio as well as material from her FALLING INTO YOU and LET'S TALK ABOUT LOVE albums. But when I first saw the collection's back side in a haste to see the order of the tracks, I became disheartened. Dion has brought out so many warm memories to the music world over the past decade- and there are only nine hits here?! What in the world were Dion and her compilers thinking?! It is nice, though, that among those nine songs are "My Heart Will Go On," "I'm Your Angel," and the hit version of "It's All Coming Back To Me Now." But yet, many hits are still missing, including a couple of big ones- "Where Does My Heart Beat Now?" and the Barbra Streisand duet "Tell Him." So, there is no "(If There Was) Any Other Way," "All By Myself," etc.
This problem would have been somewhat compensated by the new hits if they were all in excellent quality, but only two of the seven songs- the Max Martin-penned "That's The Way It Is" and the "Mutt" Lange-penned "If Walls Could Talk"- are true of that fact. On track twelve, Dion attempts to give an effective presentation of Roberta Flack's "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face." Unfortunately, she apparently did not realize that this was a song that only Flack could have performed, and as a result, Dion's performance here falls flat. But that still does not prepare the listener for Dion's "duet" with Frank Sinatra in "All the Way." Dion probably never listened to the (terrible, terrible) "duet" collections of Frank Sinatra; in those collections, many of the additional artists just added their performances to some of Sinatra's original tracks, and that was what Dion did here. In short, the new concoction stinks. The last three songs are okay compared to those tracks, but they are little more than filler- effective filler that Dion was willing to perform, but filler nonetheless. So, in conclusion, this collection shows an incomplete portrayal of Dion's work in the 1990s. But if you want, you can get her "Collector's Edition Vol. 1" album along with this, for together, they will help showcase an effective legacy of her, albeit a messy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Celine the Finest Extract of 90's Pop, June 30 2002
Ce commentaire est de: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
90's music will be remembered by excellent female vocalists such as Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion. Celine is a versatile Canadian singer who can sing Broadway musical styled Beauty and Beast rock songs such as All By Myself (Eric Carmen cover) and It's All Coming Back To Me Now (my #1 favorite Celine song) and groovy Because You Loved Me. Personally I would like to hear more of rocky-edged songs but her dynamic vocal appeal is irresistible. Unlike any other compilations this has seven newer tracks including That's The Way It Is featured as single. This latter part of this compilation is somewhat similar in softer tone with latest A New Day Has Come. I am really glad that she came back and will enchant us for sure during this decade as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars for Celine - All The Way Album, May 10 2002
Tweety Bird (somewhere in the US) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
Celineee is the best singer, ever. I love her music so much!*! I don't how I could live without her and her beautiful music, and beautiful voice. Her voice is so angelic to me. On the Interview with Barbra Walters in 2002, Barbra said that Celine's voice they say made Angels' weak. I believe that that is true, do you? hehe*! Just asking. Anyways,, this CD is ver good. ...This is album rocks. Although I wish she would've added Call The Man and Where Does My Heart Beat Now? song here, but Where Does My Heart Beat Now? is already on The Collector's Series Volume One album, so that is very good, I have that album:-) I reccommend this album to any Celine fan, out there. Buy IT!*! It's worth every ... cent of your money...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it !!!, April 11 2002
Fadi Safieddine "F Safieddine" (Beirut , Lebanon) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
This is one of celine's best albums which combines her classics the power of love , beauty and the beast , and upclose and personals sondtrack hit song "because you loved me".
Celine has proved to the world her charm look , integrity and honesty toward her husband, and humble personality toward her fans! and this is what makes her a super star.
Celine deon's voice is super combines softenss and strength and even when she sings disco beat , she makes sure to keep the class and emotions in her songs !!! it is her style !!!!
"All the way" album is a great album to listen and if you are into pure class music i advise you to buy it !!
this album is a 5 star album.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, June 4 2001
Ana (New York) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
After having wasted three whole years of my life listening to this seriously sugar-coated mess, I've had enough. A nice voice seriously goes ugly by screaming, and I'm afraid she could be hurting herself, pounding her navel like Tarzan's wife. And I'm not surprised that that song, "My Heart Will Go On," had been seriously overplayed three or four years ago. HELLO? I USED TO LIKE THAT SONG? Why didn't James Horner choose another singer to sing MHWGO? Celine has been famous for singing other people's songs, not just her Barbra Streisand/Liza Minelli-esque style of singing. I don't get it at all.

All the Way...A Decade of Song
All the Way...A Decade of Song by Celine Dion (Audio CD - 1999)
Click for more info