5.0 out of 5 stars All The Way... A Decade Of Song (1999)
Published on June 21 2004 by Chad DeFeo

1.0 out of 5 stars ...
I got this CD because it had a fair number of songs that where classics and I really enjoyed hearing "That's The Way It Is". I used to be in awe of how talented I thought she was, but that was before I fell asleep during this CD.
Published on March 20 2004 by Adele

5.0 out of 5 stars All The Way... A Decade Of Song (1999), June 21 2004
This review is from: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
In 1999, Celine had learned that her husband and manager, Renee Angelil, had become diagnosed with throat cancer. Celine was already considering a two-year break, so she and her husband can start a family of their own and so she can see her own family more often, but after learning of Renee's diagnosis, she decided it was time to stop for two years. In doing so, she released her tenth album, All The Way... A Decade Of Song. This is a 16-track album, where the first nine songs are her English-language greatests hits from 1990 to 1998, while the last seven are new songs. It's an amazing album and only Celine Dion has the voice to sing these songs.
THE POWER OF LOVE
From the album The Colour Of My Love (1993). This was originally recorded by Laura Brannigan back in 1988, but Celine Dion gave us the definitive version. I know that what I am about to say is something that I've said a million times, but I have to say it again: This is another song for my late grandfather, only this time, this song was dedicated to him by my grandmother. The lyrics are perfect for the the two of them because they most definitely had The Power Of Love.
IF YOU ASKED ME TO
From the album Celine Dion (1992). This one has always been one of my favorite Celine songs. It's a classic hit all the way.
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (with Peabo Bryson)
From the original motion picture & soundtrack Beauty And The Beast (1991). From the album Celine Dion (1992). Definitely one of the most romantic Disney songs I've ever heard. Celine and Peabo sing it beautifully.
BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME
From the original motion picture Up, Close, & Personal (1996). From the album Falling Into You (1996). Another beautiful song. This is my mother's dedication to my grandfather and it's the perfect song for her.
IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW (Single Version)
Original version from the album Falling Into You (1996). The album version ran to 7 minutes and 37 seconds, while this version runs to 5 and a half minutes and it is known as a power ballad. Both versions are incredibly beautiful and it's the song that made me a fan.
LOVE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS
From the album Celine Dion (1992). A great song and among the many songs that was written by Diane Warren.
TO LOVE YOU MORE
From the album Let's Talk About Love (1997). I used to love this song, but now I think I wore it out for myself because I don't like it like I used to, but it's still a great song.
MY HEART WILL GO ON
From the original motion picture & soundtrack Titanic (1997). From the album Let's Talk About Love (1997). The Titanic may have sank, but this is a song that cannot sink, no matter how hard you tried to sink it. Her voice has always been known to be one of the most beautiful of voices, but her voice on this one gives Beautiful a whole new meaning.
I'M YOUR ANGEL (with R. Kelly)
From the album These Are Special Times (1998). A beautiful song and another one of my dedications.
THAT'S THE WAY IT IS
New song. Celine has said that she was getting sick and tired of having people write her ballads. She said that she does like ballads and she does enjoy singing them, but she does like up-tempo songs too. Max Martin had written this song with Celine in mind, so when he came to Celine with this song, Celine, excited about it, accepted the offer. It is, indeed, an up-tempo song and a great one.
IF WALLS COULD TALK
New song. Not bad.
THE FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE
New song. Although this is a beautiful song, nobody can do it like Roberta Flack. Roberta's version is the definitive classic.
ALL THE WAY (virtual duet with Frank Sinatra)
New song. This song was originally recorded by Frank Sinatra. Celine had planned to re-record this whole song by herself, but she decided to make it a duet. Being that Frank had already passed on, Celine made this a virtual duet by recording over half of the song he sang and leaving in the other half. She remade this one because it is her and her husband's "song".
THEN YOU LOOK AT ME
New song. Okay.
I WANT YOU TO NEED ME
New song. Diane Warren has written many great songs for Celine, including, Love Can Move Mountains, If You Asked Me To, I Love You Good-Bye, Nothing But My Broken Heart, Real Emotion, Next Plane Out, The Colour Of My Love, & Because You Loved Me. She has written yet another beautiful song for Celine and it's right here.
LIVE
New song. Not bad.
Celine has given us an incredible greatest hits album and all of you should own it. If not, then buy it, you'll enjoy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Celine rocks!, June 2 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
"All the Way: a Decade of Song" was the last album Celine released before her two year break (Sony did release "The Collector's Series" in 2000). Unlike some reviewers have said, Celine is an artist who can actually sing! I have never heard anyone else who can sing with as much emotion and power like Celine does.
As for the album, it contains many of her biggest hits: "The Power of Love", "To Love You More", "My Heart Will Go On", "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" etc. It's only too bad, we were treated with only the not-so-great radio versions of some of these great songs. However, I do feel that a few of her other 'gems' such as "Water From the Moon" and "All By Myself" should have been put on here in place of some of the weaker newer tracks...hence the reason for the 4 star rating. The best new songs were tracks #10, 12, 14 and 15.
Like one other reviewer wrote, I am also sick and tired of people slamming singers, like Celine, who don't write their own songs. What I would like to know is if these same people slam the many songwriters out there who only write and don't sing. Unfortunately, not every singer was blessed with the ability to compose and write music and not every songwriter out there was blessed with a great singing voice. There are some so-called singers out there who shouldn't be writing their own music...such as Britney, Jessica Simpson and Avril Lavigne.
Celine may not write her own songs, but she certainly knows how to sing. She could teach the Christinas, Jessicas, and Britneys etc out there how it should be done.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the way - A Decade of Songs, Nov. 12 2013
This review is from: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
a wonderful trip down memories lane. I have seen Celine in concert and she is great so this brings back great memories from those times. I highly recommend this.

1.0 out of 5 stars ..., March 20 2004
Adele (Overland Park, Kansas.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
Every song sounds the same. It's an incredibly bland disc. She has no viraty and is not capable of bringing that extra "oomph" of emotion to what she sings.
This is for die hard fans only, for sure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Safe 'middle of the road' junk, Feb. 13 2004
This review is from: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
Wow. I can't believe I actually used to listen to this crap when I was younger. That I can blame on my mother. Thank god I discovered real music some forty years ago. You know I don't get the big hype behind Celine Dion. Her voice is good but nothing outstanding. Tons of women can sing better. She often comes off as screeching when she 'sings'. It's like she's trying too hard. And she's been around for over a decade but she STILL hasen't written a single song on her own yet. Atleast Mariah Carey writes and produces her own music. And I don't even like Mariah Carey! REAL artists take risks in music. Celine Dion takes no risks whatsoever. This is about as bland, safe, and middle of the road as you can get. It's elevator music. Why not listen to female music that actually challenges you and makes you think? Go pick up a copy of Hole's 'Live Through This' or Liz Phair's 'Whip-Smart'. You'll see what I mean.

1.0 out of 5 stars music is no longer music sad but true!, Nov. 25 2003
This review is from: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
words cannot desribe my hatred for this woman
she has no singing talent whatsoever
i am a major in music and she is not music she is trash to the extreme if you kids of today call this trash music
then i give up totally
real music lies with these facts
1. you must have songwriting ablilities
2. you must be able to carry a tune
3. you must be able to play your own instruments
4. allof the above
5. originality
unfortunately she has neither of these 4 qualities
and she has the ugliest nose i have ever seen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Work!, Jan. 23 2003
This review is from: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
I love this album! It's one of my favorites! Celine has a beautiful and angelic voice...she was born to be a singer! Her voice and songs have so much emotion and love and passion in them! Burning w/ much feeling!
1. "The Power Of Love" (5/5)
2. "If You Asked Me To" (5/5)
3. "Beauty And The Beast (Duet With Peabo Bryson)" (5/5)
4. "Because You Loved Me (Theme From "Up Close And Personal")" (4/5)
5. "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" (3/5)
6. "Love Can Move Mountains" (3/5)
7. "To Love You More" (5/5)
8. "My Heart Will Go On (Theme From "Titanic")" (5/5)
9. "I'm Your Angel (Duet With R. Kelly)" (2/5)
10. "That's The Way It Is" (5/5)
11. "If Walls Could Talk" (5/5)
12. "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" (2/5)
13. "All The Way (Duet With Frank Sinatra)" (4/5)
14. "Then You Look At Me" (5/5)
15. "I Want You To Need Me" (5/5)
16. "Live For The One I Love" (5/5)
Celine is a wonderful Performer!

5.0 out of 5 stars All The Way, Celine!, Dec 29 2002
Miss Ashley (Seguin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
All the way has become one of my favorite albums by Celine of all time! It contains all her greatest hits, such as Because You Loved Me, Beauty and The Beast, and My Heart Will Go On. I've always loved Celine since My Heart Will Go On came out! The 7 new songs are fantastic! Buy this album today!

1.0 out of 5 stars A Decade Of Torture....., Dec 8 2002
EvilFairy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
Celine Dion is unlikeable trashy music with no morals or relevance to the world that we live in today. Her voice is incredibly uncredible and slightly overrated yet good.
Her music is terrible and absolutely vile, it makes me vomit and is unstickbale and unsustainable. She needs to go away, I cant take the pressure anymore. Too much, too soon!
When I hear Celine Dion, I am reminded of heaven, she is a wonderful person with wonderful songs and should remain in our hearts and souls beyond eternity.
Our hearts will go on beyond the Celine Dion hits factory of 1991.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Celine the Finest Extract of 90's Pop, June 30 2002
This review is from: All the Way...A Decade of Song (Audio CD)
90's music will be remembered by excellent female vocalists such as Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion. Celine is a versatile Canadian singer who can sing Broadway musical styled Beauty and Beast rock songs such as All By Myself (Eric Carmen cover) and It's All Coming Back To Me Now (my #1 favorite Celine song) and groovy Because You Loved Me. Personally I would like to hear more of rocky-edged songs but her dynamic vocal appeal is irresistible. Unlike any other compilations this has seven newer tracks including That's The Way It Is featured as single. This latter part of this compilation is somewhat similar in softer tone with latest A New Day Has Come. I am really glad that she came back and will enchant us for sure during this decade as well.

ARRAY(0xb43a4198)

All the Way...A Decade of Song
All the Way...A Decade of Song by Celine Dion (Audio CD - 1999)