summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$7.99+ $3.49 shipping

on May 25, 2016
Works great!
on January 20, 2004
This is in my opinion, a wonderful movie. I have no clue why people dislike it. Leo does great. Usually I don't like him, but in this movie he was good. He really plays the role great and makes you feel close to him. The movie is beautiful in scenery, filming, acting, story, etc... I personally enjoy this movie after cannibis. It is wonderful. It to me represents a bliss that we all try to atain. It deals a lot with desire. I can relate to the main character a lot. I recommend this movie to anyone. If you have'nt seen the beach, get very high off of good ganja and watch it. Priceless
on July 7, 2003
I liked this film for it's absurdity, locations and ....something. DiCaprio, 27, plays a guy who's presumably 17 or so. To be honest, he doesn't do it all that well, but the other actors are fine, though none of them are very involving.
It felt like some scenes were missing, a character asks DiCaprio why he all of a sudden went crazy and the audience never found out why either. The movie could have been directed in a deeper style, esp. for the end scenes. I could see it being a book, but they should have adapted it much better than this!
on January 20, 2004
Okay, for all you people who said the book was better. That's just pure crap. The book wasn't only more thourough, it was more realistic and complete. Alex Garland (author) is pure genius. The movie had Leonardo Dicaprio, therefore he HAD to get down with Virginie Ledoyen (Francoise) and make things hot because that's just the way hollywood likes to do things. Pure crap. I do, however, give this movie 5 stars. I admit, I'm obsessed with it (hence my high rating). The whole idea is excellent. A possible cult movie through my eyes.
on November 6, 2003
I'm not a big fan of Leo but this has got to be his best work. Titanic was ok but this one captures his acting singlehanded. the video game style of Leo is awesome and when he goes crazy its cool. Tilda Swinton has never been more cooler and that hot girl Virgilene is hot hot hot, like I said shes hotl The Beach sparks another great direction from Danny Boyle(Trainspotting, 28 Days Later, A Life Less Ordinary and Shallow Grave). a big pic for Leo fans and he worked really hard and out for this role, good for him
on November 12, 2005
I read the book, the book is actually very good, and is the first book i've read in a long time. After the book I rented the movie. I wish there were more books and movie kinda-weird ,unique,spritual,random i dont know to describe it. To think of this place in my mind and then watch the movie was mesmorising, the scenery of Thailand was amzing, and one day it would be great to travel along the Kun Sun Road or whatever its called... All in all, this movie is amazing and defaintly worth trying out.
on May 11, 2004
This movie is one of the best films that I've gotten yet, of course we all know Leonardo DiCaprio acted in Titanic (1997) but this movie is actually better than Titanic put it that way but I still love both movies!!!! I saw this movie on Satelitte before and that's what made me want to really B-U-Y this movie. I HIGHLY reccomend that you B-U-Y this movie today, if not today then whenever you can!! It's the best! My favorite scene is when the 3 of them go swimming to the Island.
on February 7, 2004
This movie had some great elements- good acting, a good script, good shots. What I don't understand is why the "video game" scene was necessary. It seemed over-the-top. The music and scenes of the beach were wonderful. I thought Leo DiCaprio did an excellent job with what he had, the same goes for the rest of the cast.
I enjoyed this movie. It won't go down as the greatest movie of all time but it definitely wasn't the worst movie of 2000.
on September 27, 2003
I don't understand why everyone rags on this movie. I never get sick of it and everytime I watch, I'm hooked from beginning to end. It's a fascinating story and the characters are all likeable in their own ways. I couldn't help but think that this movie was somewhat like an adult version of "Lord of the Flies." DiCaprio is a brilliant actor and this a 5-star movie in my mind.
on November 13, 2015