march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on March 16, 2016
Unfortunately, I couldn't play the movie since it showed a message it was prohibited to play it. In other words, I paid for nothing. Thank goodness I could view the movie on YouTube!
on June 15, 2015
Nice movie.
on May 13, 2015
This movie is at the top of my Favourites List. Anne Bancroft/Anthony Hopkins. It doesn't get much better than this. Sadly, the sharpness of the video was lacking.
on October 22, 2014
Bravo aux deux acteurs
on October 17, 2014
Love this movie!
on October 14, 2014
I loved this quiet little movie when it first came out and was happy that it had stood the test of time. It is a wonderful story of the writing relationship between a NYC woman and a London man where he is a bookseller and she the buyer. It also captures post war Britain and America. Really well acted!
on July 20, 2014
Wonderful movie
on June 8, 2014
I didn't realize a UK copy of this movie would not be compatible with my TV!! It is of NO use to me -- one of my favorite movies and I can't watch it. It would have been very helpful if the difference in systems had been made more obvious for non-teckies like me.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon October 28, 2013
How wonderful to watch a movie that portrays a love of good literature in a bygone era. With the instant communication possible today and the beauty of the English language being rapidly replaced with a kind of modern hieroglyphics, one wonders if anyone will write a decent letter or read a book in hand in the future. The story itself reveals how two very different people living in two very different countries and societies can cross the barriers and discover a delightful relationship. Kind of like having a pen pal with a purpose. Anne Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins give great performances. We're drawn into the years of correspondence between the two main characters, and in the end, we share the bitter-sweet experience of a dream come true. A movie worth watching. No sex. No violence. Some mild profanity.
on July 25, 2013
I love this movie. Perfect for a dull rainy day, and pot of tea by your side. Bancroft was wonderful.