5.0 out of 5 stars Grease on Blue-ray.......Whoo - Hoo!
Have always loved this movie and the music in it. To have on Blue-ray is an awesome treat to enjoy for years to come!
Published 13 months ago by Paul Woods

3.0 out of 5 stars PC's Special
It is a classic for many people including myself with great music, but let's talk about the whole movie. It is extremely sexually explicit, with indecent refrences the whole way through; it is so offensive that I will not buy the video because of the PG rating. I will record it off of TBS or TNT. The same uncut version on the video on TNT, is rated TV-14 (which is still...
Published on July 20 2003 by PC

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Musical, June 23 2014
This review is from: Grease (DVD)
This DVD is a Musical starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton John. It is loaded with fun songs and the Choreography is good. Both John Travolta and Olivia Newton John deliver strong performances. There is also a strong supporting Cast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good film for the musical comedy style, April 15 2014
A better story line then in Saturday Night Fever if you want my advice. Not a masterpiece, but good tunes for the 80's lovers (Disco area).

4.0 out of 5 stars Grease Blu-ray Image Is Big Improvement Over DVD, Sept. 6 2013
From the Musician's Pen (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Grease [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Firstly, I'm not going to review the film at all as most people know the film quite well and probably already own it on VHS or DVD. As far as I can tell, it's the same film as on the DVD and no cutting or editing has been done to the length of the film or scenes, etc.

However, the Blu-ray image quality is significantly clearer and improved. By comparison, the DVD looks like a it came from a VHS tape! That would be the main reason to replace your DVD with the Blu-ray. At this price, I believe it's worth it.

There are a few more bonus features on the Blu-ray as well. However, the bonus stuff that is on the DVD and the Blu-ray is edited DIFFERENTLY, so some interview footage is missing or shorter on the Blu-ray. That would only bother the fans who want it all. Personally, I prefer the Blu-ray editing of the bonus footage anyways.

Others who are more passionate and intimate with the film than I have already posted discrepancies in the audio and music - the songs have been beefed up sonically they say. They admit it sounds stronger but don't like it that the original music and mix was tampered with. That's understandable. Myself, I was able to enjoy the film without being distracted by any noticeable changes. However, there is no 2-channel stereo audio mix, so I had to listen to the film's surround mix even though I only have 2 speakers. This is the reason I deducted one star. I can only assume the mix sounds good with a proper surround set-up. Also, there was one song where a noticeable amount of reverb was added to the vocal for part of the song.

A "funny" final point. My wife has loved this film all her life. We watched the film with the subtitles on, so she could see what the real lyrics to the songs are. It was shocking how dirty the songs (and the film in general) actually are and how much got past the censors! Be warned, if you're watching it with kids (or your parents) DON'T turn on the subtitles!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grease on Blue-ray.......Whoo - Hoo!, May 29 2013
This review is from: Grease [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Feb. 27 2013
This brought back good old fashoined memories from my childhood. It was totally awesome. I highly recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best movie musical ever made, Feb. 19 2013
This is it. The best, bar none. It's a hoot from start to finish, and a great tribute to rock 'n' roll.
You still see the animators at resorts in Mexico doing this, always fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grease, Jan. 14 2013
Elizabeth B. Dalley (Ancaster, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Grease is always a fun movie to watch. Olivia and John are great in it. But it makes me sad to see Jeff Conway act in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grease has never looked so groovey, Aug. 9 2012
koolz03 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've sat through this movie from beginning to end. I purchased it on blu-ray and it looks absolutely amazing! The picture is crystal clear and there is literally no aging on the film! It looks completely brand new for a movie shot in the 70's. The story itself is a classic and the music legendary. An absolute must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, June 23 2012
same as other john travolta movie excellent cant say any more about it said it all in first movie review movie is very good so watch it when you can 10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, Oct. 20 2011
I would deal with this seller again. Thanks for the quick delivery. I am very happy with my purchase.Musicals are my fave.

Grease (Widescreen)
Grease (Widescreen) by Randal Kleiser (DVD - 2002)
CDN$ 58.99