5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent blend of music
I am not usually a big fan of taking sacred music and adding modern accompaniment to it (a la Enigma), but this is well done and almost unobtrusive. The chants are deep, in fact I got goosebumps from the unplugged version of the offering chant.
Published on Oct. 7 2003 by J. Moore

1.0 out of 5 stars Chanter 10; New Age Pudding 0
Published on May 1 2000 by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent blend of music, Oct. 7 2003
J. Moore "Zombie Prep Network" (Zombie Apocalypse Bunker) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rain Of Blessings : Vajra Chants (Audio CD)
This album is neither too new-agey, too jazzy, or too anything. This is excellent work respectful of the religious nature of the chant while remaining musically interesting

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing. Excellent for meditation., Oct. 7 2002
J. Wong "joohop" (Jackson Heights, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rain Of Blessings : Vajra Chants (Audio CD)
Lama Gyurme's chants and Jean-Phillippe Rykiel's syntehsizer music work together wonderfully in this CD. Lama Gyurme's chant isn't exactly like the Gyoto monks I was use to hearing from Tibet. His chant was much more soothing, almost like he was "singing" under his breath. Gyoto monks can blow your eardrums away and can be rough to listen too, but not so with Lama Gyurme. His voice combined with the synthesizer creates a very relaxing ambience, and I found it great to meditate to. I wish I understood what Lama Gyurme was saying, but regardless, this CD is a true gem for those looking for relaxing music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rain of Blessings indeed!, May 24 2001
This review is from: Rain Of Blessings : Vajra Chants (Audio CD)
Already the happy owner of the first CD published by Lama Gyurmé & friends, great was my delight when I found this new release. Rain of Blessings indeed - I couldn't have thought of a better name myself! This CD has stuck with me, during times of personal challenge, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health. When I was too ill or depressed to do my prayers or practice, I would listen to the chants of the wonderful, deep blessing of this CD! And did it bless me! - Much devoted to Tibetan ritual chant for a long time, and perhaps a bit of a purist, the fusion of styles in this music has been of no bother to me, in fact, quite the opposite. Energizing and uplifting when you need that, soothing and calming when that's your heart's desire. - In Tibetan Buddhism, I have learned, quite a fundamental idea is that the lineages and styles should be kept pure and unspoiled, whilst at the same time the lineage holders should know how to renew the message and put it in a contemporary context. To me, that has been truly accomplished, when it comes to this, Lama Guyrme's gift to us! I will be forever grateful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different Kind of Music Does Not Mean Poor Performance, June 25 2000
Jose E. Torres (Ann Arbor, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rain Of Blessings : Vajra Chants (Audio CD)
Ok, may be this CD is not for everyone. In fact I got this one from a friend who did not like it so he selled to me. Before buying it from him, I gave it a try and, I was very pleasent by the beautiful deep chant of Lama Gyurme. As opposite to the last reviewer I really like the background music by Jean-Philippe Rykiel. I find it not only appropiate as a background music for the Lamma's chant but also of worth by itself.
I am sure that if you are on Buddism, meditation or any other spiritual practice; you will be very pleased to add this album to your collection.
Finally, I rated this album with 5 stars not only because I really enjoy it but also by the effort realized by these extraordinary artists who bring us a taste of a different kind of music which stands by itself with its on values regardless how extrange can it be and, how far it is from the main streams of contemporary music. So if you really appreciate any kind of music and would like to try something different, then this CD deserves at least a try. Try it, and share your opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy! I think not., Aug. 3 2001
"cleveland@ev1.net" (Penn Valley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rain Of Blessings : Vajra Chants (Audio CD)
I am now into my seventh listening in the first day of owning this CD. The Amazon reviewer said it might be cheesy, or at least have some cheesy bits. Certainly the keyboard and synth might be seen as a little out of character, but this interesting blend I think makes the performances easier on Westernized ears. Regardless, the overall effect is overwhelming, in a nice and joyous way. Rich, dynamic, and unusual are terms that come quickly to mind. Lama Gyurme's voice is deep and honest and Rykiel's backing does not intrude upon that. It is a beautiful marriage of sound. I confess that listening to it for the first time, with the volume up as one reviewer suggested, brought me to tears from time to time. Whatever transgressions you may find that the synth produces you will also find yourself forgiving all by the last track, an unplugged reprise of track two. Enjoy it. Play it often.

1.0 out of 5 stars Chanter 10; New Age Pudding 0, May 1 2000
Kindle Customer (Jamestown, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rain Of Blessings : Vajra Chants (Audio CD)
I heard a track from this CD on the radio as I was driving a pick up at highway speed and I thought I liked it enough to call the station and find out all about it. That track turned out to be the only one I can stand to listen to, and it's not all that great either. Lama Gyurme's chanting is probably wonderful to listen to, but it's overcome by way too much of Rykiel's "accompaniment."

5.0 out of 5 stars Rain of Blessings, Nov. 5 2000
Paula (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rain Of Blessings : Vajra Chants (Audio CD)
Although different than Songs of Awakening, I think Rain of Blessings is just as wonderful. Rykiels music adds a magical note to the beauty of the prayers and heart felt sounds of Lama Gyurme. There was nothing "cheesy" about it. The music only enhances the beauty of this CD. In fact,I find myself using the melody of the Medicine Buddha Chant instead of the japa/mantra i generaly do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kalu Rinpoche's disciple sings, Feb. 23 2002
This review is from: Rain Of Blessings : Vajra Chants (Audio CD)
The CD is sweetly sung by Lama Gyurme with soft backing by French musician. Meditative but thoroughly authentic.
Lama Gyurme is well known in France as a Kagyu teacher/practitioner. Kalu Rimpoche lists Lama Gyurme's two centers in France as among his recognized teachers in his books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rain of Blessings, Dec 14 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Rain Of Blessings : Vajra Chants (Audio CD)
This CD is nowhere as wonderful as Hope for Enlightenment (also by Lama Gyurme) which I must have listened to at least 100 times over.
One track has almost a jazzy beat to it, which I found annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sacred music, Nov. 4 2013
One of the most calming, peaceful, experiences. However, I must say, it might not be for everyone. It is asian chanting, but for those who enjoy this type of music, I'm confident in saying it will likely be an experience that you will want to repeat.

Rain Of Blessings : Vajra Chants
Rain Of Blessings : Vajra Chants by Lama Gyurme (Audio CD - 2000)